Fast n Furious 7 = 9 less 1968-70 Chargers

Spike

Just read a story that the latest Furious movie destroyed most of the cars they bought for production including 9 1968-70 dodger Chargers :( . I know it's a drop in the bucket compared to how many were destroyed making the Dukes of Hazzard series but still sad to see 9 more go to the scrapyard. I'll be glad when this movie franchise is finally dead!

I've seen all the movies since the first and love this franchise, but why destroy the cars? I understand if its for a scene in the movie, but 9 Chargers for a scene? I don't think it was for one.

There is only one positive about this, which is that they are mostly 70s Chargers instead of 68/69 (my opinion might not be yours). Any destroyed Charger is bad but it could have be worse I guess.

I've seen all the movies since the first and love this franchise, but why destroy the cars? I understand if its for a scene in the movie, but 9 Chargers for a scene? I don't think it was for one.

They get destroyed during the production of the movie in various stunts. Hollywood isn't in the car restoring business so whatever cars get wrecked during filming 9 times out of 10 get sent to the scrapyard unless someone involved with the movie or tv show wants to buy and fix up the wrecks.