Just A Thought.....Just A Question

Hobie Hartkins

I know we all have all the episodes and the reunion movies, etc., and I guess everyone is about like me. You go through the seasons 1-7 and then back around again, but do you have some episodes that you really didn't like or maybe you just didn't like them as much and so you skip over them, so while you've seen some of them dozens of times, some, you've only seen a few times?

It's been a while since I had a chance to watch all the episodes (over a year!), but I always start at the beginning and go through them in order. There are obviously episodes I like better than others, but I never skip. I'll confess that I've seen some episodes more than others, but that's because I've dug out the DVD to get a screengrab or check a detail, and ended up watching the whole episode/disc.

There is a strange exception - the last addition to my Dukes DVD collection was the cartoon series, and I've never watched the last disc. I must remedy this oversight :).

There is no episode I don't like, but there are 2 episodes which stand out to me which I sometimes even skip.

1. Strange Visitor to Hazzard
  2. Mason Dixon's Girls

1. I never liked star wars and space films so this fuels my dislike a bit, though discussed earlier on the forum it is probably most peoples least favorite episode.

2. Mason Dixon's Girls. I know it was to try out something with a new show but I didn't like it so much. It was to much tech for the Dukes, not like they are stupid or anything but the things like the hang glider are just not things the Dukes would have chosen to use.

I used to watch the episodes in order every year but haven't done it for a couple years now so that sounds like a good idea. I'm not a fan of the reunion movies though. All three of them would have never left a fragile Uncle Jesse there alone. It reminds me of the Auto Trader commercials. I like seeing Bo and Luke on TV but they'd never trade the General.

By the way, When my radio alarm went off this morning I was delighted to hear Bo and Luke's voice seconds after I woke up. I don't ever listen to the radio so I didn't know those commercials were on radio too.