2015 NASCAR Race Review and Results

Garrett Duke

Well y'all it is that time of year again. :) Last night was NASCAR's Sprint Unlimited race...the pre season race that kicks off speed weeks. The race was accident filled that had started off with Brad Keselowski's accident when Kyle Larson went up the track and got into him. Later Greg Biffle got into the back of Jamie McMurray which collected Jimmie Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Kasey Kahne and a few others. Later Greg Biffle got in another accident with Kevin Harvick got collected in a big accidents, Biffle hitting the wall hard. Matt Kenseth went on to win the race. After the race, Joey Logano got mad at Kevin Harvick and displayed his displeasure afterwards by bumping into him and parking behind Harvick...and then got out and confronted Harvick only to be forced away by his own crew. Personally, I don't see what Joey Logano was upset about...if anyone had a reason to be upset, it was Harvick. I don't understand why he was mad at all...the event that got Joey upset was where Joey was following Kevin and then ran right up into the back of him and into the wall. If anyone should be mad, it should have been Kevin. And to top it off, it wasn't even a points race. So it's not like that it really affected much of anything to either driver nor changed the outcome of whether or not either driver would have won. A lot of unnecessary drama...

Today was the qualifying run for the Daytona 500 where it locked the first two (front row) drivers into the Daytona 500...the rest of the field will be set on Thursday by the Duels. I didn't watch the qualifying but it sounds like Clint Bowyer and other drivers were not happy by how they did the group qualifying. Know Clint Bowyer and Denny Hamlin were involved in a big accident. Jeff Gordon won the pole for his very last Daytona 500...and Jimmie Johnson has qualified second. So personally...I am beyond happy with how the Daytona 500 will start out...I just hope that it will end just as great. ;)

Well I will be posting the races reviews and results under this thread...would anyone be interested in the Xfinity Series (use to be Nationwide Series). I don't really watch that series, but do keep an eye on it so I could at least keep you updated on it. Just let me know.

I don't know about any of you all...but I am excited. Just one more week!!!

Talking of which...I am having my own fantasy NASCAR league at Yahoo again this year if anyone is interested. It is all for fun and all free. Will be glad to help out any way I can. Just let me know if you are interested.

HAPPY SPEED WEEK EVERYONE!!!!

Well y'all...I got some happy news for you. NASCAR SEASON IS FINALLY HERE!!!! I am beyond excited about it...but also a sad. Excited because life isn't complete without NASCAR...but sad that this is the last year that Jeff Gordon will be driving the 24 car. Can't imagine NASCAR without him. But am sure NASCAR will continue without him...

Today was the Superbowl of NASCAR...the biggest race of the season. The race everyone has been waiting for.

Jeff Gordon started the race on the pole with Jimmie Johnson starting besides him. Jeff Gordon had a fast car and led several laps on the opening of the race. First caution is for Landon Cassill as his engine or something broke. Second caution is for Matt Kenseth and Tony Stewart who hit the wall with heavy damage. On the restart Joey Logaono took the lead and Johnson second.

Jeff Gordon has led the most laps at Daytona in his career and at the moment...Gordon has led 84 laps with 92 laps to go. They are just getting ready for a restart from a debris caution. Johnson got penalized for his crew getting over the wall too early and Edwards along with few other drivers got caught for speeding on pit road. (Sorry...am trying to type this as the race goes to see if I can remember more. Let me know if this is better or not...) Gordon had gotten the lead back but has slid back and Dale Jr. took the lead to lead several laps and now Joey Logano is now back in lead.

We have 45 laps to go and they are on their final green flag pit stop and Logano is still in the lead. And now with 40 laps go go we are under caution because Brad Keselowski's car smoking up...a second caution due to engine failure. Jamie McMurray slid on Kesleowski's oil and went into the wall, Ryan Nemwan ran into the back of him. Gordon and a few drivers are pitting for fuel. Jimmie Johnson is now leading on the restart.

Jeff Gordon has clinched most laps led today.

Clint Bowyer has helped Carl Edwards past Jimmie Johnson after the restart.

And now caution number five for Ryan Blaney as his engine blows as well... and now Joey Logano is voicing similar problems as his teammate Brad Keselowski.

And now with seven to go, Joey Logano's car is still staying within and he is leading the race. Behind him cars are three wide. And with three to go Justin Allgaier and Ty Dillion get in an accident to bring on the yellow flag. And now they are red flagged as they are trying to clear the track of Allgaier's car off the track.

They restart with Logano in the lead and on the last lap, Austin Dillion got in the back of Jeff Gordon to cause a big wreck to bring out the yellow flag and end the race. Joey Logano has won his first Daytona 500.

Official results:

1. Joey Logano

2. Kevin Harvick

3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

4. Denny Hamlin

5. Jimmie Johnson

6. Casey Mears

7. Clint Bowyer

8. Martin Truex Jr.

9. Kasey Kahne

10. Greg Biffle

11. David Gilliland

12. Sam Hornish Jr.

13. Michael Annett

14. Austin Dillion

15. Aric Almirola

16. Regan Smith

17. David Regan

18. Johnny Sauter

19. Matt Crafton

20. AJ Allmendinger

21. Danica Patrick

22. Cole Whitt

23. Jamie McMurray

24. Carl Edwards

25. Michael Waltrip

26. Bobby Lagonte

27. Paul Menard

28. Ty Dillion

29. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

30. Trevor Bayne

31. Michael McDowell

32. Reed Sorenson

33. Jeff Gordon

34. Kyle Larson

35. Matt Kenseth

36. Mike Wallace

37. Justin Allgaier

38. Ryan Newman

39. Ryan Blaney

40. JJ Yeley

41. Brad Keselowski

42. Tony Stewart

43. Landon Cassill

Well...race one in the books. We are off to Atlanta next Sunday...perhaps Bo and Luke will be there. ;) LOL

Well they had qualifying for the Sprint Series race today...for Sunday`s race in Atlanta. Or should I say some of the drivers had qualifying...seeing on how fifteen drivers were not given the chance to qualify at all. Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart, Matt Kenseth were not able to set foot into their race cars to qualify for Sunday`s race due to running out of time. I guess they were stuck in inspection...some even got inspected two or three times. Though Gordon will get in Sunday`s race on last year`s points, Stewart, Johnson, and Kenseth will get in on their championships. Sounds like others who did not get a chance to qualify will not be able to race at all. NASCAR is really making a joke out of their qualifying. Last week it sounds like it was more like a demolation derby than qualifying and now they fail to let all drivers qualify? As Gordon says, it is embarrassing and NASCAR needs to apologize to its fans. Gordon, Johnson, Stewart, and Kenseth will at least be able to race...though will start in the way back of the field.

Jeff Gordon and others upset after not being able to qualify

With that said, Daytona 500 winner, Joey Logano has won the pole and will lead the field to the green flag Sunday at Atlanta...

While reading Garrett's link about the qualifying debacle, I spotted a sidebar story about Travis Kvapil's Sprint Cup car being stolen from outisde the Georgia hotel where the team were staying - more info here. Then I saw the follow-up story which said that the car had been found without a scratch. The team are taking the car back to their headquarters to check it over before next week's race in Las Vegas, but they'll miss this week's race.

A line in the second article caught my eye:

The race car was found “dumped†on Lenora Road in Loganville, Ga., about 45 miles northeast of Morrow and due east of Atlanta.

Now there's a name that rings a bell. Type "Lenora Road, Loganville, Ga" into Google Maps and you'll end up about 200 yards down the road from where the original Duke Farm once stood.

So we're looking for an unknown number of suspects with a possible NASCAR connection, and they're probably known to the local sheriff ;).

DukeFarmGeorgia.jpg

The race at Atlanta started with the cars drying the track from a small rain shower last night before the green flag flew with Joey Logano leading the field. Harvick who had qualified second started in the back due to an engine failure in practice...and a lot of the cars who started in the back due to the qualifying fiasco were quick to move up the field. On lap 24, Atlanta had the number 24 on the driver position tower to respect Jeff Gordon...also had the number 24 on the grass to thank Jeff Gordon.

They had a competition yellow on lap 25 due to t he rain last night. They had another caution for debris when Austin Dillion had a flat tire and since NASCAR didn't list the caution to his tire, he got the free pass. A few laps later his tire went again to bring on another caution. This time NASCAR listed him as the reason to the caution.

Landon Cassill's engine blows for the second time this season to bring out another caution. The guy can't catch a break this season. :(

A restart from a debris caution sent Denny Hamlin, Jamie McMurray, and Jeff Gordon going three wide into a turn until Hamlin got lose and by the sounds of it got into McMurray and Gordon hit the wall hard to end their day. (The wall Gordon hit was concrete...just like Kyle Busch. I am just glad that Gordon is OK. NASCAR needs to wake up with their walls. It is 2015 - it shouldn't be this big of an issue!)

On the restart, Greg Biffle got loose and caused a big accident involving Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Clint Bowyer, Tony Stewart, Joe Nemechek. They red flagged the race to clean the race track afterwards.

Jimmie Johnson went on to win his 71st career win...his fourth win at Atlanta.

1. Jimmie Johnson

2. Kevin Harvick

3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

4. Joey Logano

5. Matt Kenseth

6. Martin Truex Jr.

7. AJ Allmendinger

8. Brett Moffitt (driving for Brian Vickers - Vickers will be back next week.)

9. Brad Keselwoski

10. Ryan Newman

11. Aric Almirola

12. Carl Edwards

13. Paul Menard

14. Kasey Kahne

15. Casey Mears

16. Danica Patrick

17. Regan Smith

18. David Regan

19. Trevor Bayne

20. Justin Allgaier

21. Sam Hornish Jr.

22. David Gilliland

23. Alex Bowman

24. Clint Bowyer

25. Greg Biffle

26. Kyle Larson

27. Michael McDowell

28. Brendan Gaughan

29. Michael Annett

30. Tony Stewart

31. Mike Bliss

32. Josh Wise

33. Joe Nemechek

34. JJ Yeley

35. Jeb Burton

36. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

37. Cole Whitt

38. Denny Hamlin

39. Austin Dillion

40. Jamie McMurray

41. Jeff Gordon

42. Ron Hornaday Jr.

43. Landon Cassill

We are onto Las Vegas next Sunday...

Thanks for the update Garrett.

I see I moved ahead of you in fantasy NASCAR *giggle giggle*

Great job Hoss in seeing the connection between the Duke farm and the stolen car. Somehow Boss is setting the Dukes up to take the blame. It sounds like something out of an episode.....or maybe a HazzardNet fanfic.

Well We are under way at Las Vegas. Jeff Gordon won the pole...his first at Las Vegas...only to get wrecked out in the second practice by Danica Patrick...and had to go to a different car. So he went from starting first to starting last. Or second to last because David Ragen had to go to a different engine and he had to start in the back as well. David Ragen is driving the 18 car for injured Kyle Busch...and will be in the 18 car until Kyle Busch comes back on track.

Joey Logano and Kasey Kahne started on the front, but Joey was quick to get up front and distance himself from the rest of the field...but it didn't take too long until Jimmie Johnson got out front. Johnson led until seven laps after a green flag pit stop he got a lose tire and had to go back in to put him a lap down.

On that pit stop, Tony Stewart got penalized for a lose tire that another car hit away. A few laps after that Brad Keselowski had a tire get away and got penalized and put him a lap down...and a caution. Kevin Harvick was quick to take the lead.

Brad Keselowski and Jimmie Johnson was waiting for a caution to see who would get t heir lap back...well Jimmie Johnson hit the wall and Jeff Gordon got into the back of Jeb Burton to send him into the wall.(Gordon said in his post race interview that he was getting read to make a move past Jeb and when Jeb slowed down - due to Johnson - Gordon thought he was letting him go pass. He didn't know of Johnson's deal until after he bumped Jeb.) To bring the caution out and Brad Keselowski got the free pass back onto the lead lap. (For the record...I am a very unhappy Gordon/Johnson fan right now...)

And if that isn't bad enough...Johnson hit the wall again due to tire issues.

Sixth caution was when Carl Edwards ran Kasey Kahne into the wall. Kasey Kahne got mad and went back into Edwards to send Edwards spinning into the infield. Both cars suffered damage to their cars with the whole ordeal.

Kevin Harvick went on to win the race...with Martin Truex Jr. coming home second.

Official results:

1. Kevin Harvick

2. Martin Truex Jr.

3. Ryan Newman

4. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

5. Denny Hamlin

6. AJ Allmendinger

7. Brad Keselowski

8. Kyle Larson

9. Matt Kenseth

10. Joey Logano

11. Jamie McMurray

12. Joey Logano

13. Brian Scott

14. Greg Biffle

15. Brian Vickers

16. Regan Smith

17. Kasey Kahne

18. Jeff Gordon

19. Ryan Blaney

20. Austin Dillion

21. Clint Bowyer

22. David Ragen

23. David Gilliland

24. Sam Hornish Jr.

25. Casey Mears

26. Aric Almirola

27. Danica Patrick

28. Trevor Bayne

29. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

30. Michael McDowell

31. Justin Allgaier

32. Cole Whitt

33. Tony Stewart

34. Josh Wise

35. Landon Cassill

36. JJ Yeley

37. Brett Moffitt

38. Brendan Gaughan

39. Michael Annett

40. Jeb Burton

41. Jimmie Johnson

42. Carl Edwards

43. Alex Bowman

On a side note, it was great to see Brian Vickers return to the number 55 car. In December, Vickers had open heart surgery and was told he wouldn't be able to race until this weekend. He had a great attitude of being grateful to be alive after the ordeal and looking forward to getting back into the car. I pray that all his health issues are a thing of the past...he is a great guy and hate to see anyone face what he had to face. Go through what he went through. Am so glad to see him on the track today.

We are onto Phoenix next Sunday...

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for my lack of a review of last week's race...I was out and missed the race. I had thought I was going to be able to make it back in time, but as it turned out, I didn't even get to watch any of it. I can tell you Kevin Harvick won. ;) But that is about it...oh and that Gordon finished nineth, Johnson eleventh...Jr 43rd after a wreck, and Kasey Kahne finished I think fourth. But that is about it. So I am sorry. If all should go as planned, am hoping to watch the race on Sunday.

But with that said...I have some sad NASCAR news. Brian Vickers who was sidelined with blood clots in his leg in 2010 and missed the beginning of this season due to an emergency open heart surgery in December, is now out indefinitely as they have once again found blood clots in his leg. :( He is on blood thinners and he is not allowed to race while on blood thinners. Brett Moffitt will take his car for him while he is out...Brett had drove for him while he missed the first two races of the season. Brian and his family is in my thought and prayers as he goes through this ordeal once again. Ironically, this is blood clot awareness week and Brian was scheduled to do some appearances for it before the race...

On a happy note...Dwight Yoakam will be the honorary starter for the race. Love Dwight's music!

Here's the full result from last week's race at Phoenix for anyone who's interested:

1. Kevin Harvick

2. Jamie McMurray

3. Ryan Newman

4. Kasey Kahne

5. Kurt Busch

6. Brad Keselowski

7. Martin Truex Jr.

8. Joey Logano

9. Jeff Gordon

10. Kyle Larson

11. Jimmie Johnson

12. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

13. Carl Edwards

14. Paul Menard

15. Austin Dillon

16. Matt Kenseth

17. AJ Allmendinger

18. Justin Allgaier

19. Aric Almirola

20. Casey Mears

21. David Ragan

22. Landon Cassill

23. Denny Hamlin

24. Clint Bowyer

25. Cole Whitt

26. Danica Patrick

27. Greg Biffle

28. Trevor Bayne

29. David Gilliland

30. Alex Bowman

31. JJ Yeley

32. Brett Moffitt

33. Mike Bliss

34. Jeb Burton

35. Matt DiBenedetto

36. Josh Wise

37. Brendan Gaughan

38. Alex Kennedy

39. Tony Stewart

40. Sam Hornish Jr.

41. Brian Vickers

42. Michael Annett

43. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

Before this week's race at Martinsville, I thought I should post the results from last week's Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. I only saw the last few laps, and I assumed Garrett would post a review. Maybe those last laps were too upsetting for Garrett as Jeff Gordon stayed out to take the lead after a caution on lap 198 (of a scheduled 200). With the extra laps (there were 209 in the end), and the green-white-checkered finish, Gordon slipped back to finish 10th, the position he'd been in before the caution. The race was won by Brad Keselowski. Here's the full result.

1 Brad Keselowski

2 Kevin Harvick

3 Kurt Busch

4 Paul Menard

5 Ryan Newman

6 Dale Earnhardt Jr

7 Joey Logano

8 Martin Truex Jr

9 Jimmie Johnson

10 Jeff Gordon

11 Aric Almirola

12 Justin Allgaier

13 Carl Edwards

14 Tony Stewart

15 Ricky Stenhouse Jr

16 Austin Dillon

17 Kasey Kahne

18 David Ragan

19 Danica Patrick

20 Chris Buescher

21 Jamie McMurray

22 Brett Moffitt

23 Casey Mears

24 Cole Whitt

25 Landon Cassill

26 Kyle Larson

27 Brian Scott

28 Denny Hamlin

29 Trevor Bayne

30 Clint Bowyer

31 Matt Kenseth

32 Greg Biffle

33 Alex Bowman

34 AJ Allmendinger

35 David Gilliland

36 Josh Wise

37 J.J. Yeley

38 Michael Annett

39 Jeb Burton

40 Mike Bliss

41 Brendan Gaughan

42 Matt DiBenedetto

43 Sam Hornish Jr

I won't confuse things by posting the whole line-up for today's race, but here's the top five:

1 Joey Logano

2 Ryan Newman

3 Martin Truex Jr

4 Jeff Gordon

5 Jimmie Johnson

Well y'all I owe you all a huge apology...I did watch last weekends race, but had my niece and nephew over so I didn't have my lap top up (dogs, kids...too many chances of someone knocking it over and what not. Plus...busy, busy, busy.) Anyways, right after the race, we left to take the kids back into town to meet up with my sister. And this being Holy Week, have been busy at church and will continue to be so this week. Wish I was here to say I was going to write a race write up, but I should be in bed right now...

So I will agree with Hoss...I was highly disappointed with Jeff Gordon's speeding penalty. He was struggling with his car all race long, hung out in tenth or so for most of the race. He finally got his car up to par and up in clean air and only to get caught speeding. At least he manned up to it and apologized. He didn't get the win I was hoping for, but man it was amazing to hear him go through the field as fast as he did. I think someone said he restarted like 35th or so and in a handful of laps or so, he finished ninth. Maybe he needs to race mad more often. OK . . .just joking. I don't want Gordon mad. If Gordon is mad, I am mad. Just how it goes. ;)

Danica Patrick finished seventh or eighth. So way to go Danica! It is great to see her have some success and hope for more down the road. I do like her, just feel like she was pulled up to the Sprint Cup Series too early and above others that was more talented.

Jimmie Johnson had several issues throughout the race...finished like 31 laps down. Jr had shifter issues and got caught up in a wreck.

It was neat to see Gordon and Kenseth work with each other. I didn't see it happened (I missed the first part of the race...my niece had the TV and wouldn't give it to me...LOL) but I guess Kenseth door slammed Gordon at some point in the race. At the end at one of the restarts, Kenseth was first and Gordon radioed into his spotter saying that it would be nice if Kenseth would repay him for door slamming him by giving him the inside lane (I think it was the inside lane that worked more). Gordon said he was mainly joking, but Kenseth did it. Before the radio conversation came through on the TV, I was wondering why he would give him that lane and so was the announcers. It was just great to see none team mates work together like that. (Gordon just wanted the lane and had said he would let Kenseth past him once the race restarted...which he did.) Gordon and Kenseth didn't always get along so it was great to see them getting along now.

I know I am missing most of the race...but Denny Hamlin ended up winning the race and taking home the Martinsville Clock trophy.

I apologize that I am missing most of the race and the final results...I really shouldn't even be on right now.

Kyle Larson was not in the race (Regan Smith drove for him) as he passed out during his autograph session Saturday. He was released from the hospital last night and is waiting for test results. Still not cleared to race...but they have this weekend off so hopefully they will figure it out before the eleventh when they will be racing at Texas.

Before the race, NASCAR said drivers were cheating or doing something with the tires (I thought I read something about drilling holes in them? But I am thinking that has to be wrong and I imagined that...can't imagine how drilling holes in the tires would help them out any) and had said they would punish drivers if caught. Well Ryan Newman has been caught tampering with his tires somehow...his crew chief has been suspended for several races, he has been docked like 75 driver points, and I am sure fines were handed out as well. I really don't understand why they would go out and tamper with the tires just after NASCAR warned them about it.

Once again, I apologize for failing at my job here and for doing such a bad job now. If I had more time I would do a better job at it, but four tomorrow morning will be here bright and early. Like every morning. LOL.

Thanks Hoss for trying to cover for me. I had to admit I had to go and re-read your beginning paragraph after seeing your final result. I was about to yell at you for giving Brad Keselowski another win this past weekend...but then realized you were talking about last week's race (March 22).

No race this week, they are off for Easter. And then they will be racing Saturday night, April 11th at Texas. I will try to do a better job at my reviews...

Before the race, NASCAR said drivers were cheating or doing something with the tires (I thought I read something about drilling holes in them? But I am thinking that has to be wrong and I imagined that...can't imagine how drilling holes in the tires would help them out any) and had said they would punish drivers if caught. Well Ryan Newman has been caught tampering with his tires somehow...his crew chief has been suspended for several races, he has been docked like 75 driver points, and I am sure fines were handed out as well. I really don't understand why they would go out and tamper with the tires just after NASCAR warned them about it.

Drivers, or their crew, poke miniscule holes in their tires to do what is known as "bleeding". It allows air to slowly leak out improving grip and giving them an advantage. Ryan Newman was found guilty of this. His crew chief has been fined 125,000 and has been suspended for six races.

Drivers, or their crew, poke miniscule holes in their tires to do what is known as "bleeding". It allows air to slowly leak out improving grip and giving them an advantage. Ryan Newman was found guilty of this. His crew chief has been fined 125,000 and has been suspended for six races.

Thanks Lizzy for explaining that to me...I thought I knew everything about NASCAR. Guess I was wrong. :roll: LOL. Actually I know more about the drivers/crew and most of the supposed rules of NASCAR than I do the actual technical car stuff. Though I always find that interesting. Jeff Hammond use to do a segment in the pre race show on FOX explaining different car info and stuff...I really wish he would still do that. I always enjoyed the info he gave out.

As for Ryan Newman and his crew...as I said, I really don't understand why they would attempt to do that right after NASCAR came out saying harsh penalties would come out of it if caught. I know it is the crew chief to walk the line and push the envelope on the rules of the car, but really? A couple of days after NASCAR gave the warning? Just don't make sense to me.

For completeness, here's the full result from the STP 500 at Martinsville:

1. Denny Hamlin

2. Brad Keselowski

3. Joey Logano

4. Matt Kenseth

5. David Ragan

6. Martin Truex Jr

7. Danica Patrick

8. Kevin Harvick

9. Jeff Gordon

10. Jamie McMurray

11. Kasey Kahne

12. Aric Almirola

13. Clint Bowyer

14. Kurt Busch

15. Casey Mears

16. Regan Smith

17. Carl Edwards

18. Trevor Bayne

19. Greg Biffle

20. Tony Stewart

21. Landon Cassill

22. Cole Whitt

23. Paul Menard

24. Chris Buescher

25. David Gilliland

26. J.J. Yeley

27. Ryan Newman

28. Brett Moffitt

29. Jeb Burton

30. Josh Wise

31. Matt DiBenedetto

32. Sam Hornish Jr

33. Alex Kennedy

34. Mike Bliss

35. Jimmie Johnson

36. Dale Earnhardt Jr

37. Alex Bowman

38. Chase Elliott

39. Michael Annett

40. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

41. Austin Dillon

42. Justin Allgaier

43. AJ Allmendinger

• 2 weeks later...

Well if I didn't deserve to be fired a couple of weeks ago, I do now. Sadly, I only caught the last twenty or so laps of the Texas race last night. Just too bad NASCAR is so inconsiderate and doesn't follow my schedule. I mean, really? I am their biggest fan after all...;)

So I guess I will let you know the of the few info that I do know...

Kurt Busch started the race from the pole.

Jeff Gordon had a car that he fought all day, but thanks to a late race caution where his cc Alan Gustafson gambled with a two tire change, gave him an eighth or seventh place finish

Kasey Kahne finished seventh or eighth (he turned 35 on last Friday...).

Kevin Harvick led a lot of laps...but not the lap that counted the most. He came in second...after bumping Dale Jr. out of the way. Which is very uncool of him if you ask me. I mean where he figures he can disrespect the sports' most popular driver that way? But to stick with the facts, Jr was second on the white flag flew, coming around the last curve, Harvick bumped Jr. So Harvick finished second, Jr. finished third.

Jimmie Johnson who holds the most wins at Texas for active drivers led a lot of laps...and led the lap that mattered to win the race.

All four of my Hendrick boys finished in the top ten. :D

Carl Edwards got his first top ten of the season for his new team, team Gibbs.

Sorry for my lack of a review. I was hoping to catch the race last night, but just didn't get home in time to do so. Other than to watch the last 27 laps or so. Though I did finally cave in and bought the special package to my NASCAR APP on my phone that lets me listen into the drivers' radio as well as watch from certain drivers screen points. I listened into Gordon's radio (imagine that, right?) for the last 35 laps or so last night. Thought that was pretty awesome. Though he sounded pretty discouraged on the radio...or maybe just tired. Didn't really say anything other than about the pit stop and congratulating Alan on a great call.

We are at my all time favorite track next Sunday...BRISTOL baby!!!! Not only that, but Gordon's kids (Ella and Leo) will be the grand marshals for the race. I am so looking forward to it...and really hope to catch the race. . .and to do better with my reviews. I am not forgetting y'all...at all. I promise! :)

Hope you all have a good week.

Well if I didn't deserve to be fired a couple of weeks ago, I do now. Sadly, I only caught the last twenty or so laps of the Texas race last night.

That was the only part worth watching so you didn't miss much. A lot of empty stands this year even more so than last year I think.