NASCAR season 2005.....

Capt_Redneck

Not really that exciting of a race to me...Jr had a terrible day with tire problems, Tony was average, Jeff ran good then a few of the Hendrick motors had something wrong them, JJ (not enough time) ...

Top 3 and notables ( too much to post full results go to www.nascar.com or any other racing website for them)

1. Greg Biffle

2. Jimmie Johnson

3. Kurt Busch.

6. Kevin Harvick

17. Tony Stewart

18. Kyle Petty

30. Jeff Gordon

32. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Well...I am starting to get annoyed here! LOL. :wink: Why is it that it is my driver that is getting all the slack here? He is a good driver whether y'all want to admit that or not. His standings in the past prove that. If I can admit that JR's good then y 'all should be able to admit that Gordon is good.

Well I think California wasn't very well for any of our drivers...hopefully next week will prove better for us all.

-Garrett Duke-

#1 Gordon fan

Beth -- I could handle a race team with Bo, Luke and Cooter on it!! Nascar would have even MORE fans!!

I see Kyle Petty finished in the top TWENTY!!! I'd love to see him or Richards cars do something!!

Is Jimmie Johnson related to Junior Johnson???? May have to start listening for him since I work most Sundays. I met Junior Johnson in Richmond about about 85. Now there's a crew Chief and a nice guy.

DixieDavenport

lol. Poor Garrett. We are givin' your driver too much crap. He is a good driver, but I don't like him... Sorry.

I don't mind admitting that he is good. So's Greg Biffle, but I HATE him.

And Dixie, IDK if Jimmie and Junior are related, but I'll never pull for Jimmie, either.

Now a DOH crew, that would make me very happy. 8)

~Beth

Jimmie Johnson and Junior Johnson are NOT related at all....After all one(Junior) is a legend and the other is a legend in his own mind....LOL

Garrett - You gotta expect that fr being a 24 fan. He got his one win for the year anyway.Now he will finish where he belongs, at the back of the field hopefully... :lol:

Tony Stewart - 1995 USAC Triple Crown(National Midget, Sprint and Silver Crown ) - a feat never accomplished by anyone before Stewart

1997 IRL Champion/2002 NASCAR Wiston Cup Champion

I should expect it? Just for liking Gordon? Well if that is what I get for liking a talented driver, then I guess that is what I get. LOL. As for his only win...you can keep dreaming, because I am sure there will be plenty more wins for Gordon this year. As I said, this is his year! :D

As for Jimmie Johnson - my second favorite...he may not be related to Junior Johnson, but he is still talented. Him and Gordon both will rule the track this year! Yee Haa!!!!! :lol:

GO GORDON!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

-Garrett Duke-

#1 Gordon fan and proud of it :D

HA HA HA very funny....NOT! :roll: I haven't heard him or anyone refer to them as the Rainbow Warriors - that isn't giving me a hard time - for a long time. He has changeds his car and design a few years ago...if you haven't noticed.

Y'all are just trying to sidetrack away from the fact that he is a good driver and has a great chance of having a great season this year. :wink:

-Garrett Duke-

#1 Gordon fan and proud of it! :D

Like I said we will see....

Ever hear the song Jeff Gordon's Gay by Tim Wilson .My local rock station plays it once in a while...I even heard it on John Boy & Billy when I was down in NC....

Why keep pointing out that he is a good driver? Who said he wasn't ? NOT once have I said he wasn't a good driver. A lot of people including me don't like him. I don't care if he wins 500 races , I still won't care one bit for him. Don't you understand that?

I see we will have some fun with this all season long :roll: ....

Darrell

OK I get your point...you never said that you nor did anyone else has said he wasn't a good driver. And if you or anyone choses not to like him...fine with me. As I said in the beginning of this thread, we all have our chosen driver...that is one of the many good things of NASCAR. So I really don't know what my point was in saying so...

No, I haven't heard that song and don't think I'd care to either. You all can think what you want to think...and I'll continue to think what I think of him. Never meant anything otherwise...

-Garrett Duke-

At first it was because of the Dukes. My fav. was King Richard, and Cale. After they retired it became the best driver ever Dale Sr. I watched every so often. It wasn't until I became a truck driver, and had a run to N.C. that I became a loyal fan. My rig had broken down, and of course I didn't have a cell phone, and the cb was quiet for hours. Basically I was stuck. I decided to fall asleep, and try again in the morning. Which I had done. The next morning, I grabbed a pack of smokes, and started walking. I walked for probably about a mile, when I had noticed an American flag, in the distance. I kept walking towards the flag, (passing other buildings, but curiosity kills the cat you can say). I had finally got to the building and to my surprise it was Dale Earnhardts garage. The door was open, I walked in, and began to nose around. About 5 minutes later, Dale sr. came out, and asked what I was doing there. (this was about 6 in the morning). I told him what had happened to my rig, and told him that I didn't have a phone, to use. He had let me use the shop phone, to call the dispatcher, and he even gave me a cup of coffee. That is real downhome, niceness. Since then I was a loyal Dale sr. and now (sadly...much sadly) a Jr. fan. Jr, has alot of his fathers driving in him, but he is more media savvy than his dad was. As for the better driver, it will always Sr.

That was a great story about Dale and all. That's cool that you met him and all. He was such a great human being, and a great driver. I love Jr., but he will never be his dad. I think people expect him to be Dale, Sr., and he never will be. So we just need to love him for who he is.

~Beth

• 2 weeks later...