Formula One video's I'd like to share.

Roth Potter

As you probably know I am a huge fan of Formula One, so over time I watch some videos of it on yotube and occasionally like some a lot. I thought i'd share some with you people.

I'm not much of a writer so I won't ever start a blog about this but I thought some people might enjoy this.

Rubens Barrichello interrupting Dutch F1 presenter Olav Mol. Rubens said 'Hoe gaat het?' Which he said perfectly, it means 'How's it going?'.

I wonder if he knows what internet is nowadays.

This is the intro our tv channel used until 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VhZ7lIOEGk

Very good compilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz4iYCqS_R0&list=FLlPTpWdldlv7xb1UxGonyUw&index=13

Why I love Formula One.

• 1 month later...

Today marks the twentieth anniversary of the death of Formula 1 triple world champion Ayrton Senna da Silva, the last driver to be killed in Formula 1. I remember watching the race live, and remember the moment when I realized that it was a much more serious accident than others I had seen - I can't believe it was that long ago.

I won't dwell on the accident, but I'd like to share the video of his funeral procession in Brazil. There aren't many world leaders that would get a send-off like this. If you stick with the video until the end you'll seen that Ayrton's sister set up the Instituto Ayrton Senna which has educated over 12 million underprivileged children in Brazil. Alain Prost, one of Ayrton Senna's biggest on-track rivals, is a trustee.

R.I.P. Ayrton Senna da Silva (21 March 1960 – 1 May 1994)

Unfortunately The video is not available in my country. :-?

The video was the last five minutes of the Senna (2010) documentary movie if that helps you track down another copy online.

In my original post I also meant to include a tribute to Roland Ratzenberger, another F1 driver who was killed the day before while qualifying for the same race.

R.I.P.Roland Ratzenberger (4 July 1960 – 30 April 1994)

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, Formula 1 lost another of its legendary drivers, but unlike many of his contemporaries, Sir Jack Brabham made it to 88 years old. He raced before I was born, but the Brabham team name survived in Formula 1 until 1992. Sir Jack won the World Championship three times (1959, 1960 and 1966), with the last one remaining the only time that the winning car has been designed by its driver and raced under his name.

I found the interview below on YouTube. There's no date given, but it must be from the last two or three years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKmkwVG0GbQ

If you have a little more time, there's a longer documentary about Sir Jack and the 1966 season based around the development of the engines. Roth, they show the Zandvoort race at about five minutes in :).

R.I.P. Sir John Arthur "Jack" Brabham, AO, OBE (2 April 1926 – 19 May 2014)

OK, so this isn't Formula 1, but I came across this video again yesterday and thought it was worth posting. As far as I can tell, this is an Australian V8 Supercar race from about ten years ago, and the car that loses its wheel is driven by current NASCAR #9 driver, Marcos Ambrose.

I saw that one before, couldn't believe that actually happened!

Here's on for the Jeff Gordon fans.

This one is a bit weird, it's about tires jumping including a tire which they say is from F1.

One the F1 coverage in 2011 you didn't hear so much of the Blown Exhausts, this is how it sounds from a fans perspective.

Don't try to adjust an F1 mirror, It won't move. Or will it?

Murray Walker and Damon Hill Pizzahut ad.

I thought I should include the full version of that Pizza Hut commercial. I wish Murray Walker was still commentating.

Garrett will never believe that F1 is better than NASCAR, even with that look on Jeff Gordon's face ;).

This was one of the recommended videos that I was offered after watching Jeff Gordon in an F1 car. It shows Jay Leno spending a day with the McLaren F1 team at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX. He discusses the track design with one of the designers and gets to talk about some of the technical side of the sports before attempting a wheel change. He also drives the circuit in a McLaren MP4-12C.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's something a bit different. In conjunction with one of their sponsors, the Lotus F1 team were involved in setting a world record for a truck and trailer jump. To make things a little more tricky, an F1 car drives under the truck while it's in the air.

There's a longer version of the video above and behind-the-scenes footage on www.emc.com.