Happy Birthday General Lee

Bill Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah i only got it off tv also,I just loved that show and seen it often,I still refer to that show as being the original General lee of all General lee used in all of the episodes!!!!

Mind you ,there is no commercials on any of the dukes that I ahve on tape,and I have about 15 vhs tapes full of dukes!!! :lol::lol::wink::wink:

• 3 months later...

They just showed this episode again and we quite enjoyed it...well...except for the stunts. They obviously were cutting back by this time and started using miniatures. And it doesn't have Enos in it, but you just have to assume he was in school or something at the time (Jam: Oh Amanda will you get over it!)

It does give some background though and we liked that. If Bo was right out of high school, and Luke out of the Marines, that would make Luke about 4 years older than Bo. We assume Daisy's somewhere between them agewise.

You also have to assume that this took place after Rosco lost his pension and "went corrupt" and also after Bo and Luke got caught running shine and were put on probation. We're assuming they got caught right after Luke got back from the Marines as someone on probation probably wouldn't be allowed in...would they? So the boys might've gotten the General fairly soon after they got caught (they probably wouldn't have been caught if they had the General now would they?)

A very insightful episode. Pity the stunts were lame...sigh...pity.

• 2 months later...

oh man. sorry I not have any it but I wish so well.. sorry. but you can see in DVD would be.. have it.. but I only have Season 1 to 4 Dvds box sets this one would be in.. you would buy those... but vhs not possible to find.. but you can order from Columbia House Video they would have lot dukes vhs in what I did order those... they cost about $19,99 each I think so when they send you every time when you order VHS... but best way you buy Season DVD box sets easier for you... thanks. :)

• 4 months later...

I saw this episode on Barvo a couple of weeks ago, it was exciting and well, cool, seeing how the dukes ended up getting the General lee through a bank robbery and the black charger being in the impound yard before getting taken to a used car dealer. :)

I am not too sure what DVD boxset this will be on, but whatever it's on, i will be glad to own it when it's released :)

• 11 months later...

From what I heard, the new movie coming out soon, has a WAY WAY WAY different story of how Bo & Luke got General Lee. But that is one of my favorite episodes. What quite anoys me is that in seasons 6 & 7 the miniatures were pathetic. The jumps made by most the miniatures were clearly impossible. What REALLY looks wierd is when they hit the ramp. (Yall should know what I mean)

• 1 month later...
This is one of my favorite episodes. It's hard to decide which prequel is best, this or "Go West Young Dukes".

Well Actually the first movie is based almost exactly like Farewell, Hazzard the line about when somebody decided to give up racing is in the episode as well. And the The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning is based on Happy Birthday, General Lee and there is a little bit a trivia for all of you Supernatural fans did you know there is car just like Dean's car that the bad guys drive in that one.

I saw this episode on Barvo a couple of weeks ago, it was exciting and well, cool, seeing how the dukes ended up getting the General lee through a bank robbery and the black charger being in the impound yard before getting taken to a used car dealer. :)

I am not too sure what DVD boxset this will be on, but whatever it's on, i will be glad to own it when it's released :)

Seventh Season.

The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning is based on Happy Birthday, General Lee

Like Red Line is based off of Cannonball Run. This one actually makes my top 3 favorite episodes, not sure about #1 thanks to the model-stunts, but it makes up for it by being an origin episode and answering a lot of questions, like why is the General orange, or the hidden meaning of the 01. Makes me wonder, though: why didn't they use the crossing flags above the trunk for this episode, unless they only had it painted on for a short time...