Untitled Story Two

Bo and Luke had been out of town camping for the last week. Cooter's place had mysteriously not opened the morning the Duke Boys left or since. What no one knew was why.

Enos had been watching the place whenever he could and was starting to get worried by the time the orange charger pulled up in front of Cooter's and Bo got out and looked at Luke.

"That's odd usually Cooter would have opened up two hours ago. Think something's wrong?" Bo asked.

"I don't know, Bo. Think we should go in and drop in on him inside?" Luke asked.

Bo nodded.

"Maybe." Bo replied.

"He's been closed since the morning you two left." Enos told them joining them.

"OK now I know something’s wrong." Bo said.

Cooter had been listening to the conversation outside and trying to work up enough strength to yell but knew he might only have enough for a short yell so decided what to make it.

"Bo!" Came a yell from Cooter's loft.

Bo's head snapped up and he went up and jumped down into the loft without so much as a word to Luke. He found Cooter in his bed looking at him extremely weak and Cooter's lips were starting to crack he was so thirsty. Bo stared a moment.

"Luke! Get in here!" Bo yelled fear showing in his voice.

Luke looked at Enos then went to join Bo. Cooter didn't even have enough strength to lift his head now. Cooter looked at Luke weakly when he joined Bo.

"Cooter!" Luke yelled.

Bo helped Cooter sit up.

"I think he's been like this all week." Bo said worriedly.

"We need to get him to the hospital, right now." Luke said.

Bo was sitting behind Cooter propping him up.

"Someone needs to stay with him and someone needs to open the garage door and call an ambulance." Bo said; for once he was the calm cousin with the plan.

"I'll go call an ambulance." Luke said.

Soon the sirens were heard and Bo stayed with Cooter when the ambulance loaded him, suggesting before they left that Luke call L.B, B.B and the other Davenports.

“Luke, call his family. I’ll stay with him.†Bo told Luke.

"R-Right." Luke said nodding.

The ambulance left with Bo sitting with Cooter and Luke grabbed Cooter's phone and called his family. Bo held Cooter's hand. He was trying to keep the fear and worry he felt for his friend from showing the medics had already started Cooter on fluids. Cooter was too weak to even speak at the moment. Not that he could at the moment anyway since his throat was so dry. Cooter was very tired too now. He had been trying to get out of his bed since the morning the Dukes left but couldn't.

"Rest, I ain’t leavin’ ‘til your family gets here.†Bo said.

Bo kept looking at Cooter, looking for any kind of sign. Bo's hand got a very weak squeeze. Bo perked up a little bit.

"He squeezed my hand." Bo said.

"He's very weak and sick but he's awake you know probably been awake a while." The medic said.

Then Bo remembered hearing Cooter’s shout from the loft.

"Maybe to weak, thirsty or both to talk right now but that's it." The medic said.

Cooter's eyes locked with baby blue. Cooter's whole family rushed to Hazzard. Bo was sitting by Cooter's side when they got to the hospital. Bo looked at them.