YAHOO Fantasy NASCAR

Garrett Duke

Well y'all...they finally did it! Yahoo has finally opened up their fantasy NASCAR up...and guess who already made their league? I DID! I am super excited for the season to start...if you can't tell. This has got to be the LONGEST NASCAR off season ever...

Just as last year, am looking to see who all would be interested in joining my league. All are welcome. It is free, easy, and all for fun! Would love to have some Duke friends/fans on my league.

Here is the info you may need to join my league (Have to go to Yahoo.com. Have a Yahoo.com address I think (which is free) and go to their fantasy page and then Auto Racing fantasy...)

My league's name is Gordon's Drive for Five (though you don't have to have to be a Gordon fan to play... :) )

Group ID Number: 947

Password: NASCAR24

Or you could send me your email address here or in a PM and I can send you an invite. That may be an easier way to do it. :)

As I said, it is all for free and it is real simple...here is my short summary of how it works. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I will try to help any way I can.

For all that is somewhat interested, here are some of the rules or how it works:

*Every week you chose eight drivers to be in your team that week (or if you don't change it the next week, it will stay with last week's picks.)

* Four of the drivers are starters, the other four are bench drivers. The starter drivers you will get points for where they qualify at, for laps led, and where they finish the race at. Whereas the bench drivers will get you points for where they qualify at ... so for them it don't matter if they finish first or last or last.

*There are three groups of drivers. Group A (the more seasoned drivers, drivers that win more...) Group B (drivers that are good, but don't win as often) and Group C (the underdog drivers...the rookies and the drivers that you don't think of to win races.)

*From Group A you pick one starter driver and one bench driver. From Group B you pick two starters and two bench. From Group C you pick one starter, one bench. On Yahoo they do have driver stats and expert picks that you can use from race to race - though it don't neccesarily mean a great finish

(Here is an example of what a roster may look like:

Group A: Jeff Gordon (S) Jimmie Johnson (B)

Group B: Dale Jr (S) Jamie McMurray (S) Ryan Newman (B) AJ Allmendinger (B)

Group C: Michael Waltrip (S) Paul Menard (B))

*For starters, you can only use a driver nine times (Bummer, I know. I'd love to use Gordon all 36 races...oh well. )

That is all I can think of as rules right now...I find it fun and entertaining. It gives me more than just Gordon, Johnson, and Jr to follow throughout the whole race.

I am really looking forward to the NASCAR season to start up and to get back to playing NASCAR fantasy!

Well y'all...they finally did it! Yahoo has finally opened up their fantasy NASCAR up...and guess who already made their league? I DID! I am super excited for the season to start...if you can't tell. This has got to be the LONGEST NASCAR off season ever...

Just as last year, am looking to see who all would be interested in joining my league. All are welcome. It is free, easy, and all for fun! Would love to have some Duke friends/fans on my league.

Here is the info you may need to join my league (Have to go to Yahoo.com. Have a Yahoo.com address I think (which is free) and go to their fantasy page and then Auto Racing fantasy...)

My league's name is Gordon's Drive for Five (though you don't have to have to be a Gordon fan to play... :) )

Group ID Number: 947

Password: NASCAR24

Or you could send me your email address here or in a PM and I can send you an invite. That may be an easier way to do it. :)

As I said, it is all for free and it is real simple...here is my short summary of how it works. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I will try to help any way I can.

For all that is somewhat interested, here are some of the rules or how it works:

*Every week you chose eight drivers to be in your team that week (or if you don't change it the next week, it will stay with last week's picks.)

* Four of the drivers are starters, the other four are bench drivers. The starter drivers you will get points for where they qualify at, for laps led, and where they finish the race at. Whereas the bench drivers will get you points for where they qualify at ... so for them it don't matter if they finish first or last or last.

*There are three groups of drivers. Group A (the more seasoned drivers, drivers that win more...) Group B (drivers that are good, but don't win as often) and Group C (the underdog drivers...the rookies and the drivers that you don't think of to win races.)

*From Group A you pick one starter driver and one bench driver. From Group B you pick two starters and two bench. From Group C you pick one starter, one bench. On Yahoo they do have driver stats and expert picks that you can use from race to race - though it don't neccesarily mean a great finish

(Here is an example of what a roster may look like:

Group A: Jeff Gordon (S) Jimmie Johnson (B)

Group B: Dale Jr (S) Jamie McMurray (S) Ryan Newman (B) AJ Allmendinger (B)

Group C: Michael Waltrip (S) Paul Menard (B))

*For starters, you can only use a driver nine times (Bummer, I know. I'd love to use Gordon all 36 races...oh well. )

That is all I can think of as rules right now...I find it fun and entertaining. It gives me more than just Gordon, Johnson, and Jr to follow throughout the whole race.

I am really looking forward to the NASCAR season to start up and to get back to playing NASCAR fantasy!

Well I just found out that for the password, it is NOT capitalized...the password is nascar24

For those of you who have never played fantasy NASCAR before it's really easy. Other sports require a lot of time to be competitive but you can win a NASCAR league by only putting five minutes a week into it. The trick is to picking the right drivers.

Since I didn't do too well last season I think I'm going to get help this year by asking advice from a friend of mine who knows which drivers do well on which tracks. I like to think that's not really cheating since the yahoo fantasy NASCAR website also provides tips, as it does with all fantasy sports. Plus you can buy magazines that assist you with advice. At least I know you can with the other fantasy sports. So much of fantasy NASCAR is luck since drivers, more often than not, don't finish where they're expected to. But even though a unknowledgable player can be lucky a week or two, the people who do the best in the long run are usually folks like Garrett who know NASCAR better.

For those of you who have never played fantasy NASCAR before it's really easy. Other sports require a lot of time to be competitive but you can win a NASCAR league by only putting five minutes a week into it. The trick is to picking the right drivers.

Since I didn't do too well last season I think I'm going to get help this year by asking advice from a friend of mine who knows which drivers do well on which tracks. I like to think that's not really cheating since the yahoo fantasy NASCAR website also provides tips, as it does with all fantasy sports. Plus you can buy magazines that assist you with advice. At least I know you can with the other fantasy sports. So much of fantasy NASCAR is luck since drivers, more often than not, don't finish where they're expected to. But even though a unknowledgable player can be lucky a week or two, the people who do the best in the long run are usually folks like Garrett who know NASCAR better.

Thanks Roger for your support. It is probably one of the easiest fantasy sports to play...heck you can fill out one team every week while playing in several leagues as I do and it goes to every league. The hardest part is picking the drivers...but Yahoo Fantasy has their own "expert" players that show their drivers when they pick them...plus if you click on the driver's name, you can see what track they are good at and how many wins and stats at each track that they have done. I wouldn't think asking a friend for advice would be cheating. You could always ask me help too...though don't get mad at me if the driver crashes out or has car troubles. LOL.

As for me...I manage to do average every year. The first year I won, but it was against two guys who didn't follow NASCAR...that is the only time I won anything at fantasy sports. Think I came in second a time or two in NASCAR and football. I would like to think I do good in my picking, but I normally jinx the drivers I pick and they end up wrecking out or something when I pick them...and the weeks I don't pick 'em they have great finishes. URGH. LOL.

Shucks, it's still telling me that the password is incorrect despite trying nascar24.

I know I'm computer illiterate but I've been playing yahoo fantasy sports for 4 years and I know I'm trying the correct way to sign up so I'm suspecting there's still some other problem. I even tried to put a space between nascar (small letters) and 24.

Could there be a chance you're giving me the wrong password intentionally because you know I'll win if I sign up? LOL

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Roger for putting this out there...anyone is welcomed to join. It is fun, free, and it is easy to play. :) Let me know and I'll help you get signed up. :D

It is already very tough on me. I get anxious for Daytona...and then it hits me. Oh yeah, Gordon's going to be in the booth. Not the 24 car. Hard for me to accept that someone else is driving the 24 car...that will always be Gordon's car to me. Don't get me wrong, I am still excited for Daytona. Jimmie Johnson will be my guy to follow now that Gordon isn't out there. Just won't be the same.

Please join Roger and I in a little fun NASCAR fantasy league...you don't even have to know a lot about NASCAR to play it. . .

I have some sad NASCAR news though...Tony Stewart was in a bad non racing accident last Sunday. By what I read he was at a friend's house where they were driving the guys' sand buggies. At first, people said Tony flipped it. But now it sounds like he got separated from the pack and lost control of it. It must have went air borne and he landed hard on the sand. Sounds like he laid there for ninety minutes before the guy, Jeff Gordon, and Ray Everanham found him, helped him onto a helicopter and flew him to the hospital with a serious back injury. They later flew him to North Carolina's hospital where he had back surgery. Sounds like he broke his lower vertebrae or something like that. They say he will make a full recovery and should be able to return to racing later this season...but in the meantime he will have to find another driver to replace him for Daytona and until he is healed. Sad way to end his stellar career. Stewart said at the end of last season, that this would be his last season in NASCAR.

Sorry to put the news here, but I didn't want to take away from my fantasy league. . .

21 hours ago, Meadowmufn said:

Should I change the name of this thread to take out the year, so it can be used every year for the Fantasy Racing? Might be kind of cumbersome to have a new thread every year and confusing to have a current thread with 2014 in the title. Thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea...sorry I didn't think of that when I created this one. :)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Ho hum *yawns* It looks like another year of me dominating Garrett in fantasy NASCAR

Maybe I'll lose a few on purpose at the beginning just to make it interesting.

Beat me? Oh hog wash. I felt sorry for you last year...now with all this smack talk, I don't feel to bad. I am about to show you all who's boss...ME. LOL. ;) Me and my buddy, Jimmie Johnson, is going to dominate this year! :D 

My boys finish 1-2 today. Johnson finished first...ties his wins with Dale Sr. at 76 and Dale Jr finishes second. So good to hear Jr sound soooo happy after the race. Chase Elliot finished 8th in the 24 car. Great race today...sadly for my fantasy team, I went with Kevin  Harvick who led the most laps, but finished sixth. Shoulda went with my boy Johnson. LOL. ;) 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, RogerDuke said:

Hey Garrett, I have a new favorite driver....he's from Georgia. He has the NAPA car (my favorite parts store). He's only 20 so there's a chance he'll be around awhile. He's #24 (you should like that) and he has a cool first name. Go Chase Elliott!!!!

Well I am glad you are finally going for the 24 car...guess it is better late than never. ;)  Chase is a great and talented driver...he has a lot to prove. I like Chase...though will admit that I do have a hard time accepting him as the #24. 24 will always be Jeff Gordon for me. Double that 24 number you will get the number of the driver of my favorite current driver. Will definitely follow Chase and see how he does and maybe in the future he will be my favorite driver once my current favorite driver retires...which will be never. ;) LOL. Glad to hear you have found a driver to follow and one that will bring home the checkered flag in the near future.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:24 AM, RogerDuke said:

His father is mentioned in "Undercover Dukes". He's one of the drivers racing in the NASCAR race and the announcer mentions him. Having a Dukes connection is all I need to pick him as a favorite.

Another reason to love Chase. :) He has done great so far and am looking forward to seeing how far he will go this season. Still have a hard time accepting him in the 24 car, but other than that, that he is great. But I am sticking with Jimmie Johnson...the man of steel. :D