Rich

Hi,

I am a new member here, and want to say HI to all my fellow Duke's of Hazzard enthusiasts. I have watch every episode when it aired live on TV. I was hooked on this show ever since then. And I am still hooked on it now. I am glad it is back on CMT starting today (Jan 5th) at 2 Pm. I will be watching it for sure!

I have a 1969 Dodge Charger SE with a 383 CI Big Block (335 HP), and a 727 Automatic Transmission. It is a Numbers Matching Car and is a complete car. Everything there is what was put there from the factory. This car is a Factory A/C which is 1 of only 38 ever made this way. I have to put the A/C parts back on, but they are in the trunk for now. I have had the motor re-built, and the trans is going to be re-built to handle the motor. And the Rear will be gone over and get the necessary work done to that. Then, I must decide what I am going to do with the body. Right now, the body is all in primer. Should I keep it original green or make it a General Lee (Hemi Orange)? That is the question. Not sure Yet, but I will keep you posted.

I was at Duke's Fest 2008 and met every living Cast member except Tom Wopat. BUT I was able to Meet Tom Wopat at a Convention in New Jersey. I wish I could Have met Sorell Booke (Boss Hogg) and Denver Pyle (Uncle Jessie), But they are no longer with us.

Well, I don't want to bore you with too much, so I will end it here.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!

Rich

Welcome to HazzardNet Rich!

I'm not one of those people who want to keep things original. So If I were you I would go what you want yourself. If your really a big dukes fan like you say I would go for Orange. Hemi Orange is a very good colour choice if you ask me.

I don't know how much research you have done for General Lee Orange but there are several used on the show.

I recently found this image containing some of the colours.

6fm3wj.jpg

I'm not sure but I believe the 2005 movie was Big Bad Orange, the reunion movies Hugger Orange and the original TV show mostly used Hemi Orange and 1975 Corvette Flame Red or a blend of some other oranges.

• 6 years later...
On 1/5/2014 at 11:13 AM, Rich said:

Hi,

I am a new member here, and want to say HI to all my fellow Duke's of Hazzard enthusiasts. I have watch every episode when it aired live on TV. I was hooked on this show ever since then. And I am still hooked on it now. I am glad it is back on CMT starting today (Jan 5th) at 2 Pm. I will be watching it for sure!

I have a 1969 Dodge Charger SE with a 383 CI Big Block (335 HP), and a 727 Automatic Transmission. It is a Numbers Matching Car and is a complete car. Everything there is what was put there from the factory. This car is a Factory A/C which is 1 of only 38 ever made this way. I have to put the A/C parts back on, but they are in the trunk for now. I have had the motor re-built, and the trans is going to be re-built to handle the motor. And the Rear will be gone over and get the necessary work done to that. Then, I must decide what I am going to do with the body. Right now, the body is all in primer. Should I keep it original green or make it a General Lee (Hemi Orange)? That is the question. Not sure Yet, but I will keep you posted.

I was at Duke's Fest 2008 and met every living Cast member except Tom Wopat. BUT I was able to Meet Tom Wopat at a Convention in New Jersey. I wish I could Have met Sorell Booke (Boss Hogg) and Denver Pyle (Uncle Jessie), But they are no longer with us.

Well, I don't want to bore you with too much, so I will end it here.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!

Rich

Hi Cousin Rich. Why not make it green and do the Season 2 Southern Comfurts episode General Lee? Just a suggestion.