Where was cooter?

Joe duke

We answered this before I think. Ben Jones wanted his character to have a beard, but the producers/directors whoever, thought Cooter should be clean shaven. So Ben Jones walked out for a while until he complied with the higher-ups. They let him keep the beard for the rest of the season and then he had to shave it. At least I think that's how it goes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 2 months later...
We answered this before I think. Ben Jones wanted his character to have a beard, but the producers/directors whoever, thought Cooter should be clean shaven. So Ben Jones walked out for a while until he complied with the higher-ups. They let him keep the beard for the rest of the season and then he had to shave it. At least I think that's how it goes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

yes you are right and this was in the inside fame.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is my understanding from what Jones said about it on the E! True Hollywood Story on the Dukes...

Over the course of the First Season, Jones intentionally grew a beard to avoid Cooter becoming a cliched character. Before filming began on the Second Season, Jones was ordered to shave off the beard, which he did (presumably) reluctantly. However, as filming progressed on the Second Season Jones grew the beard back and was again ordered to shave it off. This time, however, he refused and walked off the set in protest. Eventually, after four weeks, the Producers (or whoever) caved in and Jones returned to the set with his beard intact.

• 1 year later...
This is my understanding from what Jones said about it on the E! True Hollywood Story on the Dukes...

Over the course of the First Season, Jones intentionally grew a beard to avoid Cooter becoming a cliched character. Before filming began on the Second Season, Jones was ordered to shave off the beard, which he did (presumably) reluctantly. However, as filming progressed on the Second Season Jones grew the beard back and was again ordered to shave it off. This time, however, he refused and walked off the set in protest. Eventually, after four weeks, the Producers (or whoever) caved in and Jones returned to the set with his beard intact.

Thats a little wierd and confusing.