Anybody been watching MLB playoffs?

TheGeneral01

I've been absolutely glued to my TV set.

Being from Canada, I don't get to talk to too many folks about baseball, as its more of an "American sport".

Of course, we do have the Toronto Blue Jays (and I'm from Toronto!) but seeing the way our season went was just awful.

But that's besides the point.

Anyone been watching the playoffs?

This year they have been amazing! I think that the Wildcard games, division series and championship series have all been the most exciting ones in recent memory.

If anyone wants to talk baseball, hit me up in this thread! I'm obsessed.

Well as for me, my baseball season starts and ends with the Chicago Cubs...so sadly my season ended at the end of September. For some reason the head commissioner of basebally didn't seem to think the Cubs made it into the playoffs. I am sticking with that they didn't know their math...or perhaps they just don't know baseball. Because we all know that the Cubs are the BEST baseball team EVER! Right? LOL :-o

Though don't worry, I am sticking with my yearly statement. NEXT YEAR WILL BE THEIR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! :D (I say that long enough, sooner or later, I will be right. Right? ;) )

Anyways, as far as the playoffs are concerned, I haven't seen any of the games...though being a die hard Cubs fan, MM...I agree, I was pulling for the Dodgers to beat the Cardinals. Am more of a NL fan, but in this case, hope the Red Sox will win the World Series. Thoguh it really doesn't matter much to me...as I said, my baseball season starts and ends with the Cubs.

With that said....

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I am a die hard Cubs fan til the end...no matter what! ;) )

I don't like or dislike any of the two World Series teams so I won't be paying much attention. I don't like watching sports without someone to root for.

I love Toronto. I've been there three times. Once in the early 80s, then again for my honeymoon in 1996 and on Aug 15 1998 to witness Roger Clemens strike out 16 batters. That was the only time I've ever seen a MLB game that wasn't in Pittsburgh.

I don't like cities but I sure liked Toronto! The Blue Jays are my favorite team in their division. Unfortunately they didn't live up to their expectations this year.

All three times when I went there I went up the CN tower. The day before the Blue Jays game I attended the dome was open for another game so the view from the tower was breathtaking. And, oh yes, I yelled Roger the whole game since he's the only Roger in baseball. LOL We had the cheap seats but I moved behind the plate in the last inning and was only one person away from getting a Jose Conseco foul ball.

Edited by RogerDuke

I'm rooting for the Red Sox, but I really don't feel strongly about one team or the other.

I used to go to Dodger games every once in a while when I lived in LA. This was around the time the Dodgers last won the World Series. One time, we had the really cheap seats out in right field. After warm up, one of the outfielders tossed a ball up to me (I had my glove with me). I don't remember who it was, but I wrote his name and the date on the ball. I still have it somewhere.

I don't like or dislike any of the two World Series teams so I won't be paying much attention. I don't like watching sports without someone to root for.

I love Toronto. I've been there three times. Once in the early 80s, then again for my honeymoon in 1996 and on Aug 15 1998 to witness Roger Clemens strike out 16 batters. That was the only time I've ever seen a MLB game that wasn't in Pittsburgh.

I don't like cities but I sure liked Toronto! The Blue Jays are my favorite team in their division. Unfortunately they didn't live up to their expectations this year.

All three times when I went there I went up the CN tower. The day before the Blue Jays game I attended the dome was open for another game so the view from the tower was breathtaking. And, oh yes, I yelled Roger the whole game since he's the only Roger in baseball. LOL We had the cheap seats but I moved behind the plate in the last inning and was only one person away from getting a Jose Conseco foul ball.

Heh, that's awesome Roger!

Next time you're in Toronto, give a holler.

You'll almost always find me at the Blue Jays game!

Thanks for the invitation but I won't be going that way anytime soon. We went to Niagara Falls a couple years ago but didn't go on the Canadian side because you need a passport now. In the meantime if you're ever west of Buffalo and cross the Pennsylvania line let me know.

It looks like Boston is going to be cold for the World Series.

Thanks for the invitation but I won't be going that way anytime soon. We went to Niagara Falls a couple years ago but didn't go on the Canadian side because you need a passport now. In the meantime if you're ever west of Buffalo and cross the Pennsylvania line let me know.

It looks like Boston is going to be cold for the World Series.

Yes it certainly does look like they might freeze.

Funny you mentioned Pennsylvania. I went through just last month on my way to Myrtle Beach, SC.

Usually take an annual trip to Myrtle. Absolutely love it.

Although it's unrelated to the MLB playoffs this year, I'm reminded that 2013 marks the 20 year anniversary of Toronto winning their last world series, courtesy of Joe Carter's iconic home run: http://jayshub.org/2013/10/23/20-year-anniversary-of-joe-carters-iconic-world-series-home-run/

Congratulations to the Red Sox and all their fans.

Enjoy it while you can because we'll be congratulations the Pirates in 12 months.

HA HA Roger...I will allow you to dream that for the next year, but in reality, it will be the Cubs celebrating the winning of the World Series. Because us Cubs fans, KNOW, that, NEXT YEAR IS THEIR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: