Hello, I didn't know I was "new" around here.

CornDog

Hello everyone. Well, I tried to sign in to the forum and I got an invalid username/password. So I tried the "forget your password" option and it said my email address was not registered. I could have sworn that I was a member here but I guess not. Oh well. Either way.... HELLO!! I've been a Dukes fan longer than I remember.... since I was old enough to stay up as a kid on Friday nights and watch TV (so my mom tells me). My name is Justin Cornette and I am from Jackson Mississippi but I usually go by "CornDog" on many of the forums. I was lucky enough to buy one of the General Lee's from the recent 2005 and 2007 movies. This car is actually better known from it's use on the 1997 Dukes of Hazzard Reunion and 2000 Hazzard in Hollywood Reunion movie. My car was jumped by Craig Baxley Jr. during the 2000 Reunion. Anyways, I'm sure I'll run into some familiar faces around here. Thanks for having me!

Justin

"CornDog"

Thank you everyone for the welcome. Jamie, I was very glad to get an "Under Construction" article on my GL and hopefully they will do a feature article on it when I finish the car. Roth_Potter, I hope to update the webpage when I have a little more down-time (probably once colder weather starts). I plan to add MANY more pictures and reference every car used in the 2005 and 2007 movies as well. I started posting some of my own personal pictures on the site and then my pictures started popping up on other sites. So I'll need to watermark my pictures before I make any further updates on the page.

As for my General Lee... it's a sight, to say the least. The car wasn't the most solid to begin with. It had your typical Charger rust in the rear section of the car. Surprisingly, the floors are very solid and will remain in the car. When the crew built the car for the 1997 Reunion, they just stuffed what appears to be aluminum foil in the rust holes around the back, and then wipe Bondo over it. This car was mostly used for driving scenes in the '97 Reunion. It was the first car seen, when the Dukes found it in the barn.... Romeo the rooster was using it. My car was then seen on the back on the tow truck being hauled to the garage. Then you cut to the scene where they pop the hood, remove the hen from the engine bay, and then blow out the feathers. Off of that is my car but when they show the fast-pace footage of them "fixing" the car and then cranking it, that is GL2. Realistically, it had a much nicer engine bay.

My car was used again when "Cam" was driving the Ford and rammed the side of the General Lee, running the Dukes off the road. Anyways, here are a few pictures of my car.

PDVD_122.jpg

PDVD_129-2.jpg

PDVD_132.jpg

PDVD_129-1.jpg

This is where it was being used in the 2005 Movie. You can still see the jump damage to the rear of the car.

004_111704_01.jpg

004_011205_01.jpg

GL004012.jpg

Justin

"CornDog"

post-6926-143050815034_thumb.jpg

Great pictures, CornDog. I can't wait to see your progress as you put the new parts on. Can I suggest that you start a new thread somewhere in the 'Vehicles' section of the forum (I'm guessing that either 'The HazzardNet Garage' or 'The General Lee' would be best). I'm just worried that your pictures and fascinating information will get lost in an introduction thread.

Great pictures, CornDog. I can't wait to see your progress as you put the new parts on. Can I suggest that you start a new thread somewhere in the 'Vehicles' section of the forum (I'm guessing that either 'The HazzardNet Garage' or 'The General Lee' would be best). I'm just worried that your pictures and fascinating information will get lost in an introduction thread.

Great idea Hoss. If you'd do that CornDog you wouldn't be the first to start a thread like that but you'd certainly be the first to do so with a GL that has so much historical significance. (at least since I've been on here).

This is very exciting!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
On 9/15/2013 at 9:46 PM, RogerDuke said:

Great idea Hoss. If you'd do that CornDog you wouldn't be the first to start a thread like that but you'd certainly be the first to do so with a GL that has so much historical significance. (at least since I've been on here).

This is very exciting!

Cousin Roger... Don't ya mean "Hysterical" as Rosco would say? ;)