Need ideas now!

I think CMT dropping the show has made an impact in interest. Things always pick up when it's on air here in the US.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately. I've been meaning to do some updates to the forums and site, but between work and my health, I just haven't been online much in the evenings to work on my sites. I hope to do some of the maintenance I had planned this weekend. I had a migraine last weekend, so that took care of that. :(

The migraine lasted from Friday night until Sunday evening. I wish I could say I was doing great now, but I had an ice pick headache last night and I'm dealing with the aftermath... very fatigued and sore. I'm really, really tired of dealing with headaches. I've had CT scans, sinus endoscopy, tried all sorts of different meds... Ugh. Docs can't seem to find out for certain why I have them.

The migraine lasted from Friday night until Sunday evening. I wish I could say I was doing great now, but I had an ice pick headache last night and I'm dealing with the aftermath... very fatigued and sore. I'm really, really tired of dealing with headaches. I've had CT scans, sinus endoscopy, tried all sorts of different meds... Ugh. Docs can't seem to find out for certain why I have them.

Dang MM that has got to be rough. I am sorry to hear that you are still suffering from headaches and that your doctors haven't been able to figure out is causing them nor able to help you. :(

I'm really, really tired of dealing with headaches. I've had CT scans, sinus endoscopy, tried all sorts of different meds... Ugh. Docs can't seem to find out for certain why I have them.

Did you tell the doctors that you run a Dukes of Hazzard website when they were looking for the cause of your headaches? ;)

Seriously though, I hope you're feeling better by now.

I sure feel bad for you MM. I've never had that problem but I've heard it can be rough. It certainly sounds like it would be enough to really weigh you down. Hang in there my friend.

Maybe you should see if Brian will come back to the HazzardNet. Nobody here ever understood anything he ever posted. I'm thinking that his illogical rambling will be distracting enough to make you forget about the pain.

Keep us updated MM.

Now onto a less serious subject. I tried to start a trivia thread for non Dukes stuff quite awhile ago but it never went anywhere. Does anybody think I should try again? I think it was called "off-topic trivia" or something like that. Since it didn't work once I doubt it will again but Hoss and Roth are pretty smart and pretty active here on the old HazzardNet so if they both like the idea it might be worth a try. In fact one of them could even start it themselves if they wanted. We'd have to use the honor system and ask folks to not use google and other search technology for answers.

Keep us updated MM.

Now onto a less serious subject. I tried to start a trivia thread for non Dukes stuff quite awhile ago but it never went anywhere. Does anybody think I should try again? I think it was called "off-topic trivia" or something like that. Since it didn't work once I doubt it will again but Hoss and Roth are pretty smart and pretty active here on the old HazzardNet so if they both like the idea it might be worth a try. In fact one of them could even start it themselves if they wanted. We'd have to use the honor system and ask folks to not use google and other search technology for answers.

I think that would be a cool idea Roger. We might end up learning a thing or two.

Hey folks, just checking in. I can't seem to catch a break. I'm home sick today. Of course, with my compromised immune system, I catch EVERY bug that goes around... sometimes twice. :(

I did manage to update the front page with some news about the next Hazzard Homecoming and I'm doing a little tweaking here and there, but probably won't get much more done before crawling back into bed.

Thanks to you all for holding down the fort in my absence.

Hey folks, just checking in. I can't seem to catch a break. I'm home sick today. Of course, with my compromised immune system, I catch EVERY bug that goes around... sometimes twice. :(

I did manage to update the front page with some news about the next Hazzard Homecoming and I'm doing a little tweaking here and there, but probably won't get much more done before crawling back into bed.

Thanks to you all for holding down the fort in my absence.

Thanks for everything you do for us, and don't feel guilty if you need to crawl back in bed. Have some rest ;)

This one's really addressed to MeadowMufn.

I know that for various, unavoidable reasons you haven't had as much time as you'd like for HNet recently. One consequence is that first posts from new members aren't always moderated for view within 24 hours of posting, which means they can easily get missed by people like me who mainly click on "Today's Posts". One recent example is Brenton's excellent Boss Hogg Drawing that I only discovered nearly three months after it was posted. Is it possible to either change the time stamp on moderated posts or maybe just post a very brief reply so they don't get lost? I can imagine new members being disheartened if they think their first contibutions are being ignored.

In the meantime, get well soon.

For the rest of us, let's make the effort to keep an eye out for posts from new members so we can welcome them to Hazzard County :).

That's a good suggestion, Hoss. I don't think there's a way to change the timestamp on the post, unfortunately, but I'll see if there's a way for me to get an email or something when there's a post in moderation.

Feeling a little better today, but still far from 100%... not even 50%. I had to drag myself to work today because I have no sick leave and I have big bills to pay. :( Fortunately, everybody else there has this cold already, so I'm not infecting anybody...

• 2 weeks later...

Sure we could Meadowmufn.

But can I ask you a question? what is the most common form of spam on our forum? If is is something like 'Buy this and that' I think using the report button would be better then approval first. But if the spam is mostly Dirty pictures or a hundred posts full of spam instead of a few post then I think approval is better.

I don't know if it possible or if we have this already but on some other forums a captcha is added to the registering process to prove if someone is a human. Some forums even go as far as having a captcha or another question like 'Whats the name of the orange car the dukes drive in?' in the first 5 to 10 posts.

The reason first posts are monitored is to cut down on spammers. We really don't get a whole lot of spam lately. If I removed that restriction, do you think you all could use the reporting option to report any spam posts? That way, new users could get a timely welcome and hop right into talking Dukes.

We could give it a try. What happens when we report a post - does it just send you notification?

BTW. You might want to make the report icon a little more obvious than dark gray on mid blue (it seems to be "forums/images/buttons/report-40b.png").

I think that's a great idea. Since membership is slipping we certainly don't want to discourage potential new members who log in for the first time.

Here's a crazy idea Meadowmufn. Deputize Hoss. If he was a moderator he could give our Supreme Superior Commander a little help.

He has more computer skills in one of the little hairs on his little finger than I have in my whole body.

Which brings me to an important question. How's your health been MM?

Sure we could Meadowmufn.

But can I ask you a question? what is the most common form of spam on our forum? If is is something like 'Buy this and that' I think using the report button would be better then approval first. But if the spam is mostly Dirty pictures or a hundred posts full of spam instead of a few post then I think approval is better.

I don't know if it possible or if we have this already but on some other forums a captcha is added to the registering process to prove if someone is a human. Some forums even go as far as having a captcha or another question like 'Whats the name of the orange car the dukes drive in?' in the first 5 to 10 posts.

It's mostly "buy this" from China type stuff. We already have a captcha for registering, but I'm not sure we can add a captcha to just the first few posts.

We could give it a try. What happens when we report a post - does it just send you notification?

BTW. You might want to make the report icon a little more obvious than dark gray on mid blue (it seems to be "forums/images/buttons/report-40b.png").

Yeah, the colors on the new forum have been the bane of my existence. LOL. I'll try to fix the graphics colors soon. :)

How's your health been MM?

I'm exhausted. :( Last week I had some cardio tests done and lab tests up the wazoo (not literally. LOL). The doc started me on some heart meds and she wants to give me B-12 shots once a week because my B-12 levels were way below the normal range. She also upped my thyroid meds. In short, I was a mess, but hopefully when the B-12 and thyroid meds kick in, I'll be feeling better.