Feeling old

i1976

I think everybody noticed it.

In this new Forum, if you check "Who's online", you can see what thread guests are watching.

I always check "who's online" 'cause it's GREAT, from time to time, re-watch some old threads. Yeah, you open the page "Who's online" and you bump into some old thread that make you nearly shout "OH MY GOD, I remember it.... and that story... and that user".

And it brings a lot of reflections:

- It's incredible how many people watch this Forum, ALL threads, the oldest ones too. It means this is a GREAT Forum, attracting DOH's fans year after year.

- It's sad to realize the time's passing. I watch at those old threads with a mix of happyness and sadness. Sadness because I realize a lot of users are simply disappeared. Round-robins, challenges, chatting about episodes.... where are now all those people? Lost in real life, or driven to another Forum/TV-show/interest, and it's good... but it's sad too.

- And the last obvious reflection.... I'm OLD!!!!!!!! :-o

The old forum had the "Who's Online" facility too - I used/use it all the time. Even now I still find guests reading threads that I've never seen before.

I've just checked my own details, and this coming Saturday marks the third anniversary of me joining HNet - it feels like five minutes ago. We might be getting old, but if I was much younger I would have missed out on seeing Dukes when it was first shown :).

The old forum had the "Who's Online" facility too - I used/use it all the time. Even now I still find guests reading threads that I've never seen before.

I've just checked my own details, and this coming Saturday marks the third anniversary of me joining HNet - it feels like five minutes ago. We might be getting old, but if I was much younger I would have missed out on seeing Dukes when it was first shown :).

Really? The same facility? OMG, never noticed. Sometimes I feel like coming from an alternative universe. :-o (I don't notice obvious things to anybody and I notice small small small things nobody else notices).

OHHH yeah, I can say I watched Hazzard the FIRST time it was aired. I was a child, but I remember how much I was eager to see it and my happiness (happIness, LOL) when my sweet Enos showed up.

Maybe not but every time I see the obituaries I see a lot of folks in their 50s in there. (I'm 53)

But I'm not worried about it. I leave those decisions to the Good Lord.

I saw someone on TV this week say "you know you're getting old when someone your age dies and it's no longer described as a tragedy." I'd love to give them credit, but I've forgotten who it was - another sign I'm getting old :).

And it's folks like you who will keep the Dukes torch burning long after us original fans have passed onto Hazzard Heaven. We're depending on you.

Haha. That will surely be me. I'm going to get my kids into the shows my mom has gotten me into. I just hope they are like me and love them. Otherwise, I'll be one sad mom when that time comes.

K-Duke. as you can tell by my "need ideas now" thread I've been a little worried about the future of the Dukes but I'm fine now thanks to you!

My daughters aren't Dukes fans but I'm trying to pass the tradition down to my grandchildren.

Your words are very encouraging!

Aw... your welcome Roger. I mean it too. All these shows my mom has gotten my into has changed me; given me something to love. I only want that for others and my kids. I can't wait for that day when they are excited to watch them and their face light up while watching it.

Maybe not but every time I see the obituaries I see a lot of folks in their 50s in there. (I'm 53)

But I'm not worried about it. I leave those decisions to the Good Lord.

You shouldn't worry about it. My maternal grandfather died at 46. Mom's lived longer than her dad so far by several decades. Both my dad's parents died at 69. He's lived longer than them as well.

One of my old softball teammates from high school made sports and fitness her career. She was only a few years younger than I and in much, much better physical shape when she died at the age of 31 from an undiagnosed heart problem. She was talking to her family one second and the next, on the floor dead. Very shocking and tragic, but we never know when it will be our time. So, live life as much as you can, appreciate your blessings and loved ones, and don't waste time on the negative and unimportant.

You shouldn't worry about it. My maternal grandfather died at 46. Mom's lived longer than her dad so far by several decades. Both my dad's parents died at 69. He's lived longer than them as well.

One of my old softball teammates from high school made sports and fitness her career. She was only a few years younger than I and in much, much better physical shape when she died at the age of 31 from an undiagnosed heart problem. She was talking to her family one second and the next, on the floor dead. Very shocking and tragic, but we never know when it will be our time. So, live life as much as you can, appreciate your blessings and loved ones, and don't waste time on the negative and unimportant.

What a happy thread.... if I had known you ALL were going to start talking of death (and of dying young) I wouldn't have started it, ROFL.