More Computer Problems

RogerDuke

Well, it seems to be working again. Here's what happened.

About a month ago we were having all kinds of trouble and had been having problems for a long time. My son-in-law then just gutted everything out (redneck term) and started from scratch. It worked fine for a month. Then we made the mistake of downloading something from a site that we thought was safe and a whole bunch of junk came along with it and the computer was worse than ever. We finallly saw my son-in-law again today and he gutted it again and we're fine again.

Unfortunately we've been on a trip and I have to work overtime the next two days so it's going to be awhile before I get caught up with everything here.

It's nice to be back though.

I missed everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

My computer at home is definitely ruined so I'm not sure how long it will be before we get a new one or IF we get a new one. My wife has a smart phone and all I really use the computer for is HazzardNet (and a little fantasy sports) so I'm not sure if we're ever going to get it fixed or replaced. I'll keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since my wife has a smart phone we've decided to not replace the computer at home since our luck with them is pretty bad.

This means that I won't be logging in as much as I have in the past.

I actually like not having a computer at home because I get so many other things accomplished that I care about when it's not around to distract me. In fact, the only thing I miss about it is the HazzardNet.

I'm like Phil Robertson on Duck Dynasty, I've never even owned a cell phone and have no intention to ever have one. I seem to be walking backwards when it comes to this technological revolution that's unfolding. You might even say that I'm revolting against the revolution. I just feel more free when I'm not connected. It's sad to see today's young people becoming willing slaves to the latest shiny technological marvel. They seem to hold them in higher regards than their human friends.

Since my wife has a smart phone we've decided to not replace the computer at home since our luck with them is pretty bad.

This means that I won't be logging in as much as I have in the past.

I actually like not having a computer at home because I get so many other things accomplished that I care about when it's not around to distract me. In fact, the only thing I miss about it is the HazzardNet.

I'm like Phil Robertson on Duck Dynasty, I've never even owned a cell phone and have no intention to ever have one. I seem to be walking backwards when it comes to this technological revolution that's unfolding. You might even say that I'm revolting against the revolution. I just feel more free when I'm not connected. It's sad to see today's young people becoming willing slaves to the latest shiny technological marvel. They seem to hold them in higher regards than their human friends.

I have multiple computers, a tablet, a smartphone, but that's because technology is how I make my living. That said, on my train ride to and from work every day, I look out the windows, spend time thinking, or reading a book while everyone else is glued to their devices. I'm attached to a computer all day, so it's nice to have some breaks away from technology.

It's sad to see today's young people becoming willing slaves to the latest shiny technological marvel. They seem to hold them in higher regards than their human friends.

I have no idea what you mean, Roger ;).

PhoneQueue.jpg

BTW. One of the comments suggested that the girl in the middle had a flat battery :).

• 3 months later...

Well, it's been awhile since we got rid of the computer. With one exception (missing the HNET) it's been awesome not having one at home. I really love this place and miss it a lot. Whenever I do have access to a computer I don't have much time to get on here because of other responsibilities but the HazzardNet and the folks here are always in my thoughts.

• 6 years later...