More Computer Problems

RogerDuke

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems, Roger, but you're not alone. Unfortunately, it sometimes goes with computer owenership. Last week I did a regular Windows update and an anti-virus update, and one of them seems to have stopped Adobe Flash working properly. That doesn't just affect YouTube, but also a load of other sites that use some amount of flash on their pages. When I tried reverting to the previous setup, my computer spent about 20-30 minutes going through the motions before telling me the operation had failed for an unknown reason! After trying various unistalls/reinstalls I think I've fixed it by changing a setting in Flash, but it was a pain to track down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having more problems. The past several days I can't get anything done because it keeps freezing up and saying "hazzardnet is not responding" It's not HNs problem, it must be my computer because it does the same thing on fantasy sports by saying "yahoo is not responding". I have to type stuff fast because I'm not able to stay on long.....and definitely can't type long posts.....like the five trivia questions that I almost got posted before I just got booted off.....GRRRR

You're not alone, Roger. I still haven't found out what's calling my Adobe Flash Player problem. It works fine for ages and then crashes. I then have to leave it for about 10 minutes before I reload the page.

As for HNet, I think there have been problems recently. It was down for about four hours at the weekend (I tested it with a couple of websites that make sure it's not just my problem). I've also clicked on "Who's online" several times in the last two weeks and been given a single digit number of users online. This normally occurs just after the site reboots itself. I know this doesn't explain your problems with other sites, but it's not just you.

Roger, I'm no computer technician but has your son in law tried installing a fully new install of windows? Also, if you have the money and the computer you have now is old (2007 and older) you should think about buying a new one.

As for HNet, I think there have been problems recently. It was down for about four hours at the weekend (I tested it with a couple of websites that make sure it's not just my problem). I've also clicked on "Who's online" several times in the last two weeks and been given a single digit number of users online. This normally occurs just after the site reboots itself. I know this doesn't explain your problems with other sites, but it's not just you.

Hoss, haven't you read the text above the website? "The HazzardNet forums will be down for maintenance this weekend. The day/time is currently TBD. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Hoss, haven't you read the text above the website? "The HazzardNet forums will be down for maintenance this weekend. The day/time is currently TBD. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm aware of the maintenance message, but that was posted before the previous weekend, and has now been up for about two weeks. In the past, MeadowMufn has normally given more details of the downtime nearer the event. The suspected site reboots have occurred at random times through the week.

I'm aware of the maintenance message, but that was posted before the previous weekend, and has now been up for about two weeks. In the past, MeadowMufn has normally given more details of the downtime nearer the event. The suspected site reboots have occurred at random times through the week.

Ah, ok. I haven't seen the restarts yet or the site being slow.

Roger - I was so glad to see you at the draft last night! Made my night...super glad your computer was able to work through it and that it seems to be acting better. Perhaps if you put Cubs and Pirate images on your computer, you would have a super fast and great computer. :D All them Steelers and Pirates are slowing it down...

Though have to admit...doubt my computer is as bad as your's sounded, but my lap top seems to be going slower and slower and even had an "emergency" shut down a couple of days ago. My home computer is slow and has it's own issues of randomly shutting down too. URGH. I am starting to "want" a new lap top...but first off need the money to get it. LOL.

Which reminds me of this song on Toby Mac's new album "Eye on it" (Toby Mac is one of my favorite Christian music artist...) in which he sings with his older son Truett...or better known as Tru Dog. "Mac Daddy (Tru's Reality)"

Yep...is starting to be how I feel right about now. Though doubt I would get a Mac...would probably get another and newer Gateway. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good news! I think I've finally cracked my Flash Player problem by applying a fix that I'd swear didn't work the first time I tried it. To lighten the mood, here's a related joke I saw earlier:

My computer crashed and now all the other computers have slowed down so they can see what's happening. :)

If you want something a little more satirical, how about this one?:

My computer takes so long to respond these days that it's only good for the United Nations now. ;)

Yep...is starting to be how I feel right about now. Though doubt I would get a Mac...would probably get another and newer Gateway. :)

I don't enjoys Macs even though I've used it only a couple of times. I'll admit that the iPads are fun to mess with. My home laptop is a Sony VAIO and it works really well. I've had it for years now and it still works good.

P.S. Those jokes are really funny, Hoss.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks MM. It's come on fine twice in a row now. But with this thing I don't expect that to last. I don't know enough about computers to know who to blame. All these things like routers, modems and connections with funny names make my redneck head spin. I do know that I always blame the computer itself and from what I'm learning it's not very often the computers fault.

Thanks MM. It's come on fine twice in a row now. But with this thing I don't expect that to last. I don't know enough about computers to know who to blame. All these things like routers, modems and connections with funny names make my redneck head spin. I do know that I always blame the computer itself and from what I'm learning it's not very often the computers fault.

You know, Jimmie's pretty tough on computers too. ;) I don't know what he did, but once he screwed up his pc so badly that I had to reinstall windows for him. Every time I visited him, I spent some time doing tech support. LOL.

You know, Jimmie's pretty tough on computers too. ;) I don't know what he did, but once he screwed up his pc so badly that I had to reinstall windows for him. Every time I visited him, I spent some time doing tech support. LOL.

LOL I'll never forget that interview of his from a couple years ago. He was talking about playing online video games and telling his opponents that they were just beat by Sheriff Rosco from the Dukes of Hazzard. He said he got all kinds of responses like "Sure buddy, and I'm Santa Claus."

LOL I'll never forget that interview of his from a couple years ago. He was talking about playing online video games and telling his opponents that they were just beat by Sheriff Rosco from the Dukes of Hazzard. He said he got all kinds of responses like "Sure buddy, and I'm Santa Claus."

When we played, he'd always warn people about me. LOL. I regularly beat him. The most fun I had was playing Delta Force 2 with a grenade launcher. He'd be a little speck on the horizon in a dead run. I'd shoot my grenade ahead of him and he'd run right into the explosion. Got him nearly every time. He forbade me from using grenade launchers. LOL! And in Rainbow Six, I'd sneak up behind him and wait for him to turn around, then BLAM! LOL. The best, though, was when we played co-op. We'd get to the stairs, knowing there was a sniper up above, and we'd be like "You first." "No, you go on." "Age before beauty." LOL. Occasionally, he'd try throwing a grenade up the stairs, only to have it bounce back and kill us both. ROFL. Fun times.

When we played, he'd always warn people about me. LOL. I regularly beat him. The most fun I had was playing Delta Force 2 with a grenade launcher. He'd be a little speck on the horizon in a dead run. I'd shoot my grenade ahead of him and he'd run right into the explosion. Got him nearly every time. He forbade me from using grenade launchers. LOL! And in Rainbow Six, I'd sneak up behind him and wait for him to turn around, then BLAM! LOL. The best, though, was when we played co-op. We'd get to the stairs, knowing there was a sniper up above, and we'd be like "You first." "No, you go on." "Age before beauty." LOL. Occasionally, he'd try throwing a grenade up the stairs, only to have it bounce back and kill us both. ROFL. Fun times.

HAHA. That sounds like a fun time.

• 1 month later...