Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

Great pics of Atlanta. I still find it interesting that the buildings on that side of the street have survived virtually unchanged, but the other side has changed beyond all recognition. I thought I'd posted a Google Maps link in the Hazzard Square thread, but it was actually hidden away in the trivia thread (and no longer works for some reason):

Recent Street View of Starr Recording building on Spring Street NW.

I'm going to agree with you about the two people you named in the last picture, but can't offer any more names.

Thank you for that link Hoss! now thats a really big change.

Did you notice there is actually a recording studio in STARR recording at the moment?

I did notice that, but forgot to include it in my post. :oops:

The back of those buildings (where the famous hood slide was filmed) has also changed considerably. Here is an aerial view from 1978 with the Starr Recording building highlighted for reference. Spring Street goes north to south roughly in the center of the picture:

SpringStreet1.jpg

This aerial from 2013 shows the freeway is now much wider, and the little row of buildings by Starr Recording is about the only part of the whole area to remain untouched. The turquoise square on the lower right side is actually the top of One Atlantic Center, an 820 foot tall skyscraper.

SpringStreet2.jpg

Thank you for the aerials Hoss but i still can't figure out at which side (north, south or west) the hood slide was filmed.

You know he was trying to walk over the car but slipped? also he cut his hands on the antenna, since that moment they removed the antenna's.

9188216804_4a6c79cb51_o.jpg

I believe this is during filming of Reunion 2 'Hazzard in Hollywood', It looks

to be WGL02/GL1. as the mirror is moved forward and the 01 is big but

small bordered.

If it is that car it has made a small jump during the Second Reunion movie

during the war scene, This picture seems to be in Laramie Street

9185419077_0cc099afb8_o.jpg

Lake Sherwood?

9188216758_144abbe1b1_o.jpg

I believe this is from the last episode 'Opening Night at the Boar's Nest'

9185418989_c421dde50a_o.jpg

As I only see a big white wall behind the cars I think this is behind one

of the WB sound stages.

Thank you for the aerials Hoss but i still can't figure out at which side (north, south or west) the hood slide was filmed.

You know he was trying to walk over the car but slipped? also he cut his hands on the antenna, since that moment they removed the antenna's.

Here's a few screengrabs to explain the geography. First is the General approaching Starr Recording from the northern end of Spring Street:

Starr1_0102.jpg

This is the building that used to be on the opposite side of the street:

Starr2_0102.jpg

Daisy then waits in the General in a car park which is between the studio and the freeway on the aerial maps. The back of the studio is the building above the hood on the right. Boss's Caddy escapes by driving down the ramp behind the General and going north up Williams Street (the road parallel to the freeway).

Starr3_0102.jpg

This is the view looking north-west from roughly where the General was parked. The brick building on the right has now gone. The white sign just to the left of the Atlanta patrol car is actually on the far side of the freeway. The General pushes the patrol car out of the way and heads south on Williams Street.

Starr4_0102.jpg

And yes, I had heard the story about the antenna.

9195194952_4c6e89d820_o.jpg

From the 'Everything dukes of Hazzard related tribute page' on Facebook.

9195194964_5ca4b5a676_o.jpg

From the 'Everything dukes of Hazzard related tribute page' on Facebook, Picture from Cindy Willis.

If i'm right Cindy is the girl on the left.

9192400641_e8495920b0_o.jpg

From the 'Everything dukes of Hazzard related tribute page' on Facebook, Picture from Cindy Willis.

I believe Cindy is the girl in red.

9195195000_25e3d268ce_o.jpg

Two real, one fake.

9197640185_9172afaf5e_o.jpg

I wonder, was Tommy Sarmento also the mechanic during the Georgia episodes?

9200420516_4f59fef96c_o.jpg

The only logical place I could find for where this was taken is at the side of the Covington Courthouse.

9197640159_5d3f3420b2_o.jpg

During the opening scenes of 'High Octane'.

9197640183_26fc274bb4_o.jpg

Roxanne Huntley passing out. For me she was one of my favorite guest stars.

I wish she would have been in more episodes.

I wonder why the mic was just hanging there. I always though some guy was holding it but outside filmig I don't see why anyone would do that.

They definitely used those boom mics for outside filming because they're visible in a couple of scenes. Both of these pictures are from the Bloopers thread.

In the first from 'Carnival of Thrills' you can see the mic centered at the bottom:

Diane2_0301.jpg

In this one from 'Hazzard Connection' you can see the mic at the top right and its shadow next to Rosco:

BoomMic0208.jpg

I know that Hoss, but I mean the pic was made between or after filming so why was the guy still holding the boom mic?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. It looks like there's a camera on the left, so maybe they're doing a run-through and getting sound levels. Alternatively, it could be held on some sort of mechanical support arm, but I can find very few pictures where the boom arm isn't being held directly by a person.

9212031056_58d9cc0e9b_o.jpg

It's not really a great picture but it is definetely from Carnival of Thrills, notice the white car on the left with it's logo.

9212031058_ca0f9ff095_o.jpg

I believe this is just before or after Diane Benson is asking them how to find Boss.

"I'f he is not foreclosing on some poor widows mortgage, He will probably be at the Boars Nest."

9209248125_ff82d028ae_o.jpg

Original from Imagecollect.com

9212031024_a66cd1ab98_o.jpg