Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

Thanks for finding out the clothes Cathy wore Hoss.

BTW, If I ever find a bigger picture of the poster from the WB studio i'll post it.

11741548054_348fc4fa96_o.jpg

I've got no idea where this picture was took or during what event. But because he has a Hazzard Sheriff badge and stitching on his jacked I think it has to do something with Dukes. Anyone got a clue?

11741146725_420d39e5f6_o.jpg

Original from ebay user greenjeepwrangler.

Just look at how bad the "01" decal is placed. :-o

11741146355_70d55758dd_o.jpg

Original from ImageCollect.com

I am sure that this is from Dukes as Cathy has been seen wearing these clothes on other behind the scenes pictures. though I wonder from which episode it could be. There we're not many episodes were the Dukes worked interacted a sheep but I believe most if not all were at Valencia Oaks.

11741555924_1ca7ec9568_o.png

This must have something to do with Dukes as I have posted a picture before of Peggy Rea on the exact same carousel.

I wonder if she still does.

11763696135_e79fbd864d_o.jpg

Not the best quality picture but you can see all Duke boys together.

11763940193_52875b36f0_o.jpg

Is the sign Catherine is leaning on the courthouse sign again standing on the grass?

11764450726_b02cfed20a_o.jpg

I think this is sometime after Dukes. Remember he dress up and act like JD even after the show was finished just because he loved doing so.

11763696055_5c0734ec8f_o.jpg

I think this picture is taken during season 4.

11786622404_f85d542dcc_o.jpg

Sonny with someone who looks like Cam Cornelius, but i'm not sure at all if it's him.

11786622414_386de1fd24_o.jpg

Sorrell has a cane in his hand so I think it is from that episode where JD get problems with his back a lot. I remember here was a scene in front of the bank with that. I don't know the episode though.

11786462273_be3edd62bc_o.jpg

I think this was originally a poster.

11786462153_0a680f7a94_o.jpg

Preparing for the jump on Elm Street down in Georgia. I believe the 01 is so skewed because they used the upper bodywork line to straighten the numbers instead of the underside of the door.

11807665215_645e44aa91_o.jpg

There must have been a lot of media attention while filming the episode 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke' S03E04 that there are so many pictures of Catherine in this dress.

11807908893_3aedb82b7f_o.jpg

Well, There's Your Problem...

This could very well be

from the episode 'Granny Annie' S02E10.

11808063814_a60fa9f018_o.jpg

This lost is so tightly packed I would say this is somewhere near Midwest street. The houses would indicate Western street, but I'm not so sure they would use a movie set to park so much cars while they have the Mexican Street parking lot so nearby.

11808401796_42bb88d1da_o.jpg

This is from the first ever Dukes shoot in Griffith Park.

If any of you ever have a behind the scenes picture, feel free to post it.

11807908893_3aedb82b7f_o.jpg

Well, There's Your Problem...

This could very well be

from the episode 'Granny Annie' S02E10.

I think I see the blooper - the door is open ;).

11808063814_a60fa9f018_o.jpg

This lot is so tightly packed I would say this is somewhere near Midwest street. The houses would indicate Western street, but I'm not so sure they would use a movie set to park so much cars while they have the Mexican Street parking lot so nearby.

My guess would be one of the ranches. I'm wondering if the light blue car (fourth up on the right) is Cooter's '68 Chevelle.

My guess would be one of the ranches. I'm wondering if the light blue car (fourth up on the right) is Cooter's '68 Chevelle.

Which ranch would you figure? I thought the Lake Sherwood and Valencia Oaks ranches had a bigger parking lot so this would then be Disney's Golden Oaks ranch.

Was 'Duke vs. Duke' S03E13 at Golden Oaks? Then it could be that car.

I think it's Cam Cornelius, totally.

Great and rare picture, THANKS!

Thanks. :D

11826469763_46fde6500c_o.jpg

Original from allposters.com

Why would Denver have a wristwatch here?

11826193385_4deb1ef16a_o.jpg

Another picture from the Griffith Park shoot.

11826193185_3fdf61119e_o.jpg

The other picture of Abe was taken at Laramie Street so this is probably also taken there. Similar scenery.

11826974606_50cf6b922b_o.jpg

Original from Dukesfan Danny_Duke01's website.

The cast with one of the horrible to drive AMC Matador's.

11279157055_1e3d257467_o.jpg

This is said to be from the show. If that's true it must be from one of the last seasons as that Jeep looks quite modern. I think it is meant to be a stunt vehicle.

This was a series used General. They used 2 ex-Generals in a Warner Brothers movie (can't remember the name of the movie) a few years after the show ended. Fast forward a few years later, they were discovered and this one was restored first (it's refered as 'The Lost General Lee').

I believe the man in the red shirt is Gary Baxley, at one time he owned or had part ownership in the car while it was being restored. Smith Brothers Restoration did all the work. The car didn't have an engine, but they did install an engine that was in John Schneider's personal General Lee.

I can't recall who owns it now. The other car was later restored to as filmed condition, it was the Lee that was in Hot Rod magazine a few months ago, in the Dukes of Hazzard / Smokey & the Bandit photo shoot. I might not have every detail right, I'm going on memory of what I have read about those cars.

Jason

11826469763_46fde6500c_o.jpg

Original from allposters.com

Why would Denver have a wristwatch here?

I'm pretty sure Sonny too had a wristwatch in the first episodes of the 4th series. A different watch but a wristwatch, just for one episode (he's driving the patrolcar, whereas Cletus is by his side, and after the chase they fell into the pond (as usual, ROFL). I'm going to try to find the picture.

And, if I don't get wrong, James usually have a wristwatch during the show (especially in the first series).

OK... go start the watch's research :-)

Thanks for the info Jason!

I'm will investigate that soon Ila.

11844832446_e464d7c703_o.jpg

I think this is Hazzard Square with those types of buildings, but I can't figure out where on the square it could be.

My best guess is somewhere at the end of the street where Boss lives. At first I though the paint shop, but there are no fences around there and the Garage doesn't have a roof sticking out above the entrance.

11844451304_1b360b2159_o.jpg

This is taken at Valencia Oaks. Now where there is the question. I think the road in the background we see is the road with the bridge seen in the movie 'Nothing but Trouble'. That would mean its in the western part of the ranch.

11844451174_db22a39659_o.jpg

It looks like the Gaylord farm in the background. On which ranch was that farm? Golden Oaks or Lake Sherwood?

The guy holding the cake is I think tom Sarmento and the guy on the right of the cake is I think Gary Baxley.

I don't recognize many other people so I think they worked second unit. I have the feeling the guy with the shorts on the left of the man with the white cowboy hat is Jack Gill, but that's just a feeling.

11844316813_dffb9b60d6_o.jpg

John in Georgia filming one of the first 5 episodes. Behind John's hat we see a black thing which is I think a lamp to light up the set.

11844832446_e464d7c703_o.jpg

I think this is Hazzard Square with those types of buildings, but I can't figure out where on the square it could be.

My best guess is somewhere at the end of the street where Boss lives. At first I though the paint shop, but there are no fences around there and the Garage doesn't have a roof sticking out above the entrance.

I believe that the two buildings on the left are the ones in the background of the picture above, although not necessarily with the same storefronts. In the picture below, the bank is on the right.

WHOGG1_0715.jpg

The cliff on the right of the General Lee picture looks more like Indian Dunes to me.

Hoss, I'm not convinced about different storefront. Also there are no fences on either side of the streets on your picture. though it could very well be there.

Your right about the other picture being at Indian Dunes. I just checked it from where I got the picture. Thanks. for that one. :D

Jason, unfortunately I already posted that picture. But it's good enough to be posted twice. :p

11861525846_1df02c9f70_o.jpg

A stunt double of Rosco jumping from the Hazzard Hotel. It looks like there is a trampoline where he is about to land and a large air cushion next to it. Anyone remembers the episode this could have been in?

In the next few posts there will be some more pictures of this size.

11860696535_08668a579d_o.jpg

Surely a Jumped General Lee from before the fifth season. But from which jump could it be? The damage tells me it is the Indian Dunes jumper but the surroundings look more like the a Movie Ranch.

Also note in the background the blue trailer which is probably the one used in 'Hazzard Connection' S02E08 where Bo and Luke drive it full of junkers for Augie Detweiller.

11861133484_612fb20c07_o.jpg

Here you can clearly see they cut the roofs of the General's when they were finished. I wonder what happened to them, could have been a nice memorabilia to sell to fans. The Vectors and any other usable parts was probably stripped off already.

11860696455_f49c7df50b_o.jpg

This seems to be from one of the first promotional pictures after the Griffith Park shoot.

Hoss, I'm not convinced about different storefront. Also there are no fences on either side of the streets on your picture. though it could very well be there.

I've straightened your picture a bit and tweaked the levels. The camera foreshortens the depth - the fence is around the square and we are looking right across it to the buildings beyond. My picture was from near the end of season 7, so the WHOGG sign wouldn't have been in the Chris/Byron photo.

ChrisByron.jpg~original

I still don't see it. :-? Let's just get on with the other pictures. :)

11878922565_04bf3c9f03_o.jpg

I am surprised they were allowed to drive a car into a park. I don't think Griffith Park normally allows this.

11879207343_111a81416d_o.jpg

Does anyone recognize the two people in the middle? This picture must be from early on in the show as Sonny wears a black jacket.

11879207303_091e929c9f_o.jpg

Catherine's second times wearing a wedding dress on the show.

11879207323_f811820754_o.jpg

It looks like this picture of the Griffith Park shoot wasn't meant to be published. I think that because it looks like Catherine is trying to get off the roof of General Lee. Also I don't think it feels so good to have your feet in that position, I can't even get my feet like that.

11896362434_b60c5631e4_o.jpg

Unfortunately not a very big image but you can clearly see where it is and from which episode. 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke' S03E04 Hazzard Square Midwest Street.

11895943275_c641350e05_o.jpg

This is certainly from early in the show if you look at Tom's jacket. Also the forest looks so real I think this is from Georgia.

11896362574_9c6bd0413d_o.jpg

A TV guide from 1980 having a very known picture made as a drawing.

11896806896_d8804862b6_o.jpg

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas! I didn't have this picture during Christmas otherwise I would have posted it then.

I think of of the two Duke boys is in Santa's suit, but which one? Also, interesting charity Cooter is collecting money for.

11916646823_7c421f7a3e_o.jpg

I have posted 2 or 3 pictures of this shoot before, but non with Boss in it. Looks like Sorrell has some fun here, so I think I should call this a behind the scenes picture of a photo shoot.

11917256326_e88593f7b4_o.jpg

I don't remember Ben wearing no shirt on the show, I guess it is between shoots.

11916823434_62e6decf49_o.jpg

This is from shooting in Georgia, there are a few people in this shoot also seen with John and Tom in front of Starr Recording so I think this is from there too.

11916367285_f9c3bfa1a5_o.jpg

As this is from 'Cooter's Girl' S06E12 This must be taken at the Valencia Oaks Duke farm. To the right of here is the farmhouse with the kitchen closest. Cooter's daugter Nancylou was played by Kim Richards.

11486948735_671e67f0d5_o.jpg

Does anyone know these two people?

Here you can clearly see that the stunt vehicles only had the outside painted orange.

Actually, the car is not orange but is red oxide primer. This is Rich Sephton (left) and AJ Thrasher (right) and they are in the process of building the Wheelstander General Lee, which was planned to be used in the very last episode of the Dukes. The producers did not like the fact that you could see a supercharged 440 behind the driver, so they canned the whole idea of using the car and it was never on the Dukes. Rich Sephton purchased the car from WB shortly after the Dukes were finished. Then goes the story of Rich losing the car in a nasty divorce, got it back, lost it again, and so on. AJ Thrasher went on to build roll cages and special effects parts for the 2005 Dukes movie and is now semi-retired.

Justin

"CornDog"

These aren't really rare of behind the scenes, but I got a couple of screen caps I found on my hard drive, and wanted to share.

These 2 are from the season 6 episode "Ransom of Hazzard County", it's the scene where Bo and Luke jump the General Lee out of the impound yard. When they take off and do a 180 to get the distance needed for the jump, you can see they pass by a white '68 Dodge Charger, I'm guessing waiting its turn to be transformed into a TV star. Just thought it was cool to catch a glimpse of a Charger in that scene.

PDVD_008_zpsfe14e330.png

PDVD_007_zpsba680172.png

Next one is from a TV show in the early-mid 80's that starred William Shatner. The name of the show was "TJ Hooker". Well anyways check out this snap....look in the background, it appears Cooter's yellow tow truck is passing in the background, hauling a General Lee.

tjgltt_zps3828dc35.jpg

Jason

Thanks CornDog for the info! I love reading information like this and how I can be wrong.:tup:

Thanks Jason for for those screengrabs. I never noticed the 68 Charger standing there, but did you notice this impound lot was just in the pain open. Not even in some corner. Hoss has described it here very well.

Hobie, You know Cooter and his woman broke up before Nancylou was even born? That way it makes more sense.

I personally did enjoy the episode of her realizing how different Hazzard actually is from where she lives.

11937163514_fcb92ab0f3_o.jpg

Ben at Saugus, atleast I think it is there.

11936715275_a6bb7e3130_o.jpg

Another picture of the shoot same from my last post, though this time without Boss.

11937163924_759a785fdc_o.jpg

Rosco's trademark smile. :) Khee khee!