Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

Thanks Roger. :)

9686717433_914007865f_o.jpg

Rosco imitating Abe Lincoln? I don't believe i've seen him wearing this suit on screen driving that car.

9686717249_f4b6b882eb_o.jpg

Coy. some people really don't like Coy and Vance, but I liked their characters. Some people say Coy and Vance were just copies of Bo and Luke, but for me Coy was better with the ladies then Bo and Chris was really smart, sometimes smarter then Luke. Always when Bo and Luke return in season 5 I miss Coy and Vance.

9686717275_b2572e4ef2_o.jpg

This seems to be a screenshot, but I don't remember Flash hanging outside the window with Bo driving. Could have happened of course. Anyway, I still love this picture.

9689956014_57fac27500_o.jpg

You've got to hand it to him... If you don't. He'll take it anyway. :p

9693699933_f6f24ebdda_o.jpg

this is from john Schneider's Back Home special. I'm not sure if I posted this one already yes or no. If I did I believe it had a watermark of some sort.

9693699921_a32f879dab_o.jpg

At the Hazzard Square gazebo.

9693699949_d5aca5a723_o.jpg

Here you can easily see that the roof isn't closed. This is to add lighting.

9696927398_72f33060c4_o.jpg

I believe they are sneaking into Rhuebottoms after Boss foreclosed on it.

9705071728_c1c77181e2_o.jpg

I've got no idea what event this would be.

The picture's from Getty Images. They list it as being from "Celebrity Challenge of the Sexes" (makes sense with the logo on Cathy's shirt), and date it as 22nd March, 1980. IMDb doesn't list the 1980 event, but I found the whole lineup on TCM.com. I also found and advert for the show (below) on pmsimon.com.

CelebrityChallenge.jpg

There's a load more of the Getty pictures of Cathy, including a few more from the same event, here (you'll need to scroll down). There's hundreds of pictures of Tom here, and pictures of John here. There aren't many of Sorrell, but I like the one below (NB. unless you buy them, all Getty Images have the info panel on the right):

SorrellBankShot.jpg

1974: Actors George C. Scott and Sorrell Booke in a scene from the movie 'Bank Shot' in 1974. (Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images)

I don't think I have those Ila. the only thing which is a little bit like that is a promotional for a 1 hour time block about Dukes in bloopers, I don't know if I have posted that one.

9710013067_a41d4712ee_o.jpg

this is most definitely from 'The Big Heist', they are standing next to the Hazzard Drug store (opposite the Bank).

9713249834_c9fb6f15fb_o.jpg

Behind the scenes of 'Undercover Dukes'? I don't think so as I see a real brand on the woman's coverall.

9713249860_31b352960f_o.jpg

John and Catherine at a March of Dimes event.

9710013017_14a2e7a43a_o.jpg

Looking at this picture I see this is in the Jungle area on the Warner Bros. backlot, I don't know the name of the set beside that it is just north of Laramie street I believe.

also Rosco is holding a bag. I assume it is a bag containing money from the bank, but as money has been took a lot from the bank I don't know at all from which episode this could be.

9713249834_c9fb6f15fb_o.jpg

Behind the scenes of 'Undercover Dukes'? I don't think so as I see a real brand on the woman's coverall.

Getty Images again. Caption says:

LONG BEACH,CA - MARCH 14: Actors Jenilee Harrison and John Schneider attend the Fifth Annual Toyota Pro/Celebrity Grand Prix on March 14, 1981 at the Long Beach Street Circuit in Long Beach, California. (Photo by Ron Galella/WireImage)

I don't know Jenilee Harrison, but according to Wikipedia, she was "the replacement 'dumb blonde' roommate Cindy Snow on the hit sitcom Three's Company, between 1980 and 1982. She went on to play Jamie Ewing in Dallas from 1984 to 1986."

As for your Rosco question, I'm not sure which episode/location that is - I'll look into it!

Again, I didn't get the picture from Getty as it doesn't have their signature. But thanks for the info Hoss, this would mean John Schneider was at the 1981 Toyota Grand Prix of the United States Qualifying rounds! :D :D :D

I'd never expected John Schneider to visit a Formula One race.

I'd never heard from Jenilee Harrison either, I was searching for Jenifer Harrison as I couldn't read it clearly.

I'm very curious to find out the name of the backlot Jungle set.

Again, I didn't get the picture from Getty as it doesn't have their signature. But thanks for the info Hoss, this would mean John Schneider was at the 1981 Toyota Grand Prix of the United States Qualifying rounds! :D :D :D

I'd never expected John Schneider to visit a Formula One race.

I'd never heard from Jenilee Harrison either, I was searching for Jenifer Harrison as I couldn't read it clearly.

There's more info on the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race here. It's an annual charity event that's taken place since 1977. It used to have some association with the United States Grand Prix West (as the F1 race was known), and later with the IndyCar race. Here's Jenilee with the 1981 overall champion, Robert Hays ('Airplane' etc.).

RobertHays.jpg

The later seasons of 'CHiPs' often used Long Beach as a filming location, and you can see the grand prix barriers in some episodes. Coincidentally, Olympic decathlon gold medalist Bruce Jenner, who replaced Erik Estrada in six episodes of 'CHiPs' during a contract dispute, won the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race in 1979. This year's winner was TopGear U.S. co-host Rutledge Wood.

I'm very curious to find out the name of the backlot Jungle set.

According to my old backlot map, the set is called "Jungle and Wooded Area", although the area just north is called "Doonevan Flats".

Thanks a bunch Hoss! I love to learn about WB backlot names. What was capitol city/chicasaw county called again? New York street?

9717762725_83cd67d8a5_o.jpg

Looking at the pillars i'd say this is Midwest Street Hazzard Police, but I haven't seen the darker part with the door itself closely enough to see if it is there.

9720992234_727b250d48_o.jpg

From 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke'. There are so many picture of Cathy with this dress.

9717762559_35f1d3c2bd_o.gif

Yup, from Catherine's own website. but why would she post the picture in .gif format? you lose so much quality with that.

9717762483_b45f52dfe7_o.jpg

:D Can't be anything else then 'The Great Santa clause Chase'.

Thanks a bunch Hoss! I love to learn about WB backlot names. What was capitol city/chicasaw county called again? New York street?

Both New York Street and French Street were used for Chickasw and Capitol City. French Street backs onto the courthouse building, and New York Street is the roughly triangular street just north of that. My old map shows the north-eastern end of French street labeled as New Orleans Street, but I think it was a car park by the time Dukes was filmed. For completeness, the street of three and four story buildings used in 'Big Brothers, Duke', 'The Dukes in Hollywood' and 'Hazzard in Hollywood' was originally Tenement Street, but later renamed Hennesy Street. Finally there's Brownstone Street, which I think only appeared during the bicycle chase in 'The Dukes in Hollywood'.

BTW. In the picture of Cathy, I think Dixie is parked outside the church (not visible to the left of the picture). It must be an early shot because it still has the "Dixie" decals on the doors. It's about the spot where C.J. Holmes presented it to Daisy.

I knew it was also ones on French Street, thats why i called it Capitol City/Chicasaw.

About the Jeep, I thought at first it was closer to Cooter's but your right. I can see Miz Emma Tisdale's house in the background.

9724549767_dbdbebd136_o.jpg

A promotional pic.

9724549799_6c03e691b3_o.jpg

Boss Behind Bars. :p I don't know it it was actually from that episode.

9727778572_c77c134b76_o.jpg

The background is too unclear to determine where the picture was took.

9724549753_6155fddaa3_o.jpg

I can't read all of it but I believe it was signed for Julie Dick by Sonny Shroyer.

The picture itself has been taken in front of the Police station. also, note the horses. I don't remember seeing an episode with Rosco riding a horse which doesn't have a siren.

Between Friday and Saturday my pictures may not be visible! Flickr will be getting an update.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1058&d=1272231201

I have posted a lot of Behind the scenes pictures from this photo shoot but I never saw this treasure. And it was stored right on our favorite family site!

I figured I should post it as it is hard to find.

9731315755_6d4dcdc54b_o.jpg

I guess this was shot during season 7. I don't know if it is trash in the background but if it is it was probably at the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch car storage.

9734543322_9318a7307b_o.jpg

Beside the pink I quite like the picture.

9731315729_e36ba768c8_o.jpg

I am very sure Cathy wore this top atleast one time on Dukes, I believe she wore black Daisy dukes with it. However I don't know the episode name.

What is this type of top actually called? it's not a tank top I believe.

I found this 40 minute video on youtube today while looking for pictures via google, it can only be viewed if you have the link. which I do. :-P It is originally a VHS and later a DVD, I don't believe you can buy it in europe so here is the video. It is about John Schneider with a video camera behind the scenes at the 1997 Reunion movie. There is even behind the scenes of how they create the in-car shots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weXpWSaoMY

It's quite funny they encourage you to call the number but in very big letter also saying DON'T CALL. :wink:

Edited by Roth Potter
typos removed + added info

I found this 40 minute video on youtube today while looking for pictures via google, it can only be viewed if you have the link. which I do. :-P It is originally a VHS and later a DVD, I don't believe you can buy it in europe so here is the video. It is about John Schneider with a video camera behind the scenes at the 1997 Reunion movie. There is even behind the scenes of how they create the in-car shots!

It's quite funny they encourage you to call the number but in very big letter also saying DON'T CALL. :wink:

Thanks Roth. I didn't even know the video existed, let alone that it was on YouTube. I wonder why John felt the need to do his intro while driving on the freeway? If cell phone use while driving is supposed to be as dangerous as drink-driving, surely recording a video to several cameras can't be that safe.

I'm surprised that John didn't make some of the products (T-Shirts, photos etc.) available again for the release of this video.

PS. I liked the driver who tried to pull in behind John when he was doing his piece to camera near the end. The guy drives in, realizes that they're filming, and reverses out quickly!

9731315729_e36ba768c8_o.jpg

I am very sure Cathy wore this top atleast one time on Dukes, I believe she wore black Daisy dukes with it. However I don't know the episode name.

What is this type of top actually called? it's not a tank top I believe.

It's from "Find Loretta Lynn"

She wears the top with dark blue shorts.

Thanks Roth. I didn't even know the video existed, let alone that it was on YouTube. I wonder why John felt the need to do his intro while driving on the freeway? If cell phone use while driving is supposed to be as dangerous as drink-driving, surely recording a video to several cameras can't be that safe.

I'm surprised that John didn't make some of the products (T-Shirts, photos etc.) available again for the release of this video.

PS. I liked the driver who tried to pull in behind John when he was doing his piece to camera near the end. The guy drives in, realizes that they're filming, and reverses out quickly!

Maybe he had someone holding the camera for him. The products probably can't be made available as the source material is probably gone, unfortunately. I didn't see the guy reversing though. :-?

I wanted to see that today but the video has been removed by the user. :$%:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm thinking of going to register to the dutch Dukes of Hazzard forum where I found it to tell them to re-upload it.

It's from "Find Loretta Lynn"She wears the top with dark blue shorts.

Thanks Ila! I still don't understand why I confuse blue with black and red with yellow sometimes...

9738514844_0043dcfb5a_o.jpg

Definitely from 'Double Sting' Looking at the brown background I'd say this is near the cabin in the 'Jungle and Wooded Area', but there is by far not enough background to confirm this. Why do I think its near the cabin? It's the only place beside inside the Duke farm she didn't wear her coat.

9735274637_ec9184481f_o.jpg

Another angle of the dukes of Hazzard shirt.

9738514744_d0eb0030b0_o.jpg

I see a kind of fake looking background and a white beam underneath so i'm gonna say this is inside a soundstage with an exterior of the Duke farm.

9738514738_0cb94c22e8_o.jpg

Hunks like us (episode name of Perfect strangers). Definitely at the duke farm, and looking at their age and the ground i'd say this is Valencia Oaks.

9777507863_98762fb087_o.jpg

It says SuperTeen, I guess this would mean it was a poster and that this was/is a magazine but I can't find much about it.

this is Catherine's most photographed dress as their are at least more then 7 images of it, she wore it 'And in this corner... Luke Duke!'.

9777507833_db0a172c72_o.jpg

Coy and Vance at the Hazzard square gazebo.

9777430536_a48bc35ed3_o.jpg

Definitely inside the gazebo. I guess it was taking during the episode 'Peoples choice' where Thelma Claire tried to become Hazzard County Administrator which included probation officer. Emery was in this episode. :D :D :D One of my favorite episodes.

9777244292_a87be5b51a_o.jpg

Not the best episode in my opinion but Deputy dukes was certainly something nice to see.

9777507863_98762fb087_o.jpg

It says SuperTeen, I guess this would mean it was a poster and that this was/is a magazine but I can't find much about it.

I found this cover of an issue of SuperTeen magazine that features Cathy, but it don't know if it's the same issue that your picture comes from. The website dates it as 3/82. It looks like there's also something about John in the magazine.

CathySuperTeen.jpg~original

ztams.wpengine.com

Hoss, thanks for finding that front. but I don't think that this is the one with that image as it is about grease 2. I think it was just a poster randomly in the magazine.

No problem Ila. :) Ill post some more Enos pictures soon. :D

9790074073_9a9306bc8f_o.jpg

Great picture from GettyImages. :D

9790019806_255db81670_o.jpg

I think this is from the program 'Battle of the Network Stars'.

9790019906_7098c23dfa_o.jpg

Deputy Dukes together with a small (fake) Price.

9790007634_6b82d0ffa8_o.jpg

I have the feeling that I've posted this picture before, but checking 48 pages of photos is a bit to much.