Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

Thanks Hoss. Why does the english language have so much 'dutch' in it's language?

The English language is a sponge for words from other languages, and with the Netherlands being so close to England, it's hardly surprising that some words come across. After posting the Malcolm McLaren video I looked up "Double Dutch" as it also means a language that can't be understood. According to this article it was originally a slur on the Germans and refers to High Dutch. Amongst the 'Dutch' references it mentions are: Dutch cheese; Dutch barns; Dutch ovens; Dutch courage; Dutch treat; Hollandaise sause. We do have phrases that include other nationalities eg. French fries and French toast, but there are a lot of phrases with "Dutch" in them, and for that I have no answer. BTW I noticed a few English words creeping into the commentary on the F1 video you posted ("hairpin", "oversteer" etc.) - are there many English words used in Dutch?

I am also an F1 fan, so I would love to go to Hockenheimring as well. Is your number one location driving the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring?

BTW I noticed a few English words creeping into the commentary on the F1 video you posted ("hairpin", "oversteer" etc.) - are there many English words used in Dutch?

We say 'overstuur' it's a dutch word sounding very english like. :p BTW, the person you hear speaking a lot is Tom Coronel.

We don't use a lot of english words beside some racing terms, most dutch word don't sound like English at all. Though there are some english words we use like Race, finish and start.

I am also an F1 fan, so I would love to go to Hockenheimring as well. Is your number one location driving the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring?

I've already been on the Nordschleife while my dad was driving the car, but for some reason I am not a fan of the Nürburgring.

My Nr.1 location id love the visit is the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch, nowadays known as Lyon Canyon Ranch near Santa Clarita, California.

9440484444_c7bfb5f1db_o.jpg

John in California Georgia.

9437700801_675f2b472e_o.jpg

Sheriff Little during one of his awesome appearances. I forgot the episode. :-?

9440484426_c87758e57a_o.jpg

Don Pedro Colley visiting the film set of the first Reunion movie.

9440484420_9199ace60c_o.jpg

Lucas Duke, anyone remember when he was wearing this coverall?

9201652430_0367db3e2a_o.jpg

I wonder why the mic was just hanging there. I always though some guy was holding it but outside filmig I don't see why anyone would do that.

Remember this question from about ten pages back? Well I've just come across the picture below which shows the filming of the 1946 movie 'The Best Years of Our Lives'. It shows the type of wheeled mic stand that I was trying to describe.

MicrophoneBoom.jpg

The full sized original picture can be found on www.doctormacro.com.

Thank you Hoss, now I understand it. though I thought most things were filmed without using a stand.

9455109634_5a844a4bea_o.jpg

Bo on his Cousin's dirt bike.

9452328301_d8d9712392_o.jpg

Uncle Jesse in front of the Hazzard Theatre.

9455109626_48dc210974_o.jpg

Reunion GL2 on the streets of LA.

9455109624_f6bb0b45ef_o.jpg

Original from the CBS Photo Archive.

Looking at the building i'd say this is Laramie Street or Western Street.

9440484426_c87758e57a_o.jpg

Don Pedro Colley visiting the film set of the first Reunion movie.

Correction Roth, this would be the second reunion movie. Just look at Tom. He didn't have facial hair in the first reunion movie.

9440484420_9199ace60c_o.jpg

Lucas Duke, anyone remember when he was wearing this coverall?

This would be from "Luke's Love Story." I only know this because I watched the episode when I rented the first season to watch while I recovered from my wisdom teeth removal.

P.S.- I'm now editing the videos of the Family Feuds and getting them uploaded on Youtube.

Correction Roth, this would be the second reunion movie. Just look at Tom. He didn't have facial hair in the first reunion movie.

Ah yes, i was misled by the forest in the background, this would mean is was during filming of the campsite in Reunion 2.

This would be from "Luke's Love Story." I only know this because I watched the episode when I rented the first season to watch while I recovered from my wisdom teeth removal.

Thanks K-Duke.

9459505123_0bc8b48c7f_o.jpg

Ben Jones in a promotional shoot for Reunion Movie 2: Hazzard in Hollywood.

9462285532_4694429e45_o.jpg

This photo must have been taken just before the Bow at the end of Reunion 1. They have that look in their eye, anxious to get started.

9462285516_8bab61c26d_o.jpg

This seems to be made after Dukes, it's say this is between 1988 and 1995. The guy in green is John Schneider, but I can't rightly say if the man is black is Tom Wopat.

9462285520_4c5d8fd208_o.jpg

I think this is taken just before they see General Lee and Double Zero come back onto the square.

9462285516_8bab61c26d_o.jpg

This seems to be made after Dukes, it's say this is between 1988 and 1995. The guy in green is John Schneider, but I can't rightly say if the man is black is Tom Wopat.

I've seen this picture and another one close to it around. It is Tom in the black and I think this was right before the first reunion movie, That is my opinion though.

With my own Behind the Scenes stuff. I have most of the Family Feuds uploaded on Youtube. I just need the Heroes vs Villians with Tom and Jimmy on it to download. But for now, here are the episodes that have the cast.

The Jeffersons vs Dukes of Hazzard Part 1

The Jeffersons vs Dukes of Hazzard Part 2

Dukes of Hazzard vs The Waltons Part 1

Dukes of Hazzard vs The Waltons Part 2

Thanks for the Family Feud videos, K-Duke. I've seen the one with the Waltons before, but I think the other two are new to me (I knew they existed, but have never seen them).

Now I've seen Richard Dawson again it makes me want to watch some Hogan's Heroes :).

Thanks for the Family Feud videos, K-Duke. I've seen the one with the Waltons before, but I think the other two are new to me (I knew they existed, but have never seen them).

Now I've seen Richard Dawson again it makes me want to watch some Hogan's Heroes :).

Haha. No problem Hoss. I knew the Waltons one is on Youtube but I felt like completing the whole series. I've almost got the Heroes vs Villains complete but one of them are taking forever to process. I probably post those tomorrow.

I also think Hogan's Heroes was one of the families. I'll check and if I'm right, I'll get a video of them playing just for you :D.

Thank K-Duke for posting the family feud films.:D Unfortunately I don't have time to watch them atm. :-?

9466201691_1b57713807_o.jpg

Original from Imagecollect.

Cathy has been in these clothes on 2 more shots I have posted. I wonder what episode she wore it in.

9468983690_d2fd33d900_o.jpg

Cathy and John. They seems to be a some party, from what I can see this must be during Season 2, 3 or 4. Behind them seems to be Ben Jones or someone who looks a little bit like him.

9468983722_a122118e15_o.jpg

From the same photoshoot as Cathy's 'Dukes of Hazzard' T-shirt.

9468983682_a580e60eb6_o.jpg

I love cats. :D I can't find any background information about this picture though. :-?

I CAN'T stopping to thank you for these GREAT pictures!!! :)

Few Sonny's pictures (I wonder why there are so few pictures of him, it seems there are more pictures of Rick than Sonny), unfortunately, but GREAT pictures of any other character, especially the beautiful Daisy-Cathy. :wink:

Thank you i1976, I really appreciate it. :D :D :D

9475650362_f45e9466f1_o.jpg

I believe this is from the episode with the very expensive vase the Dukes bought of a wide which turned out to be very pricey. The vase is under the flowers.

9472859843_5e3a68de1b_o.jpg

I remember Cathy wore this outfit ones on the Dukes, that's why I included it here. My best guess is that this is a promotional picture.

9475650308_cb2faf21ee_o.jpg

I don't know why, but this is Cathy's second most photographed dress.

9475650296_a5dce09b69_o.jpg

One Daisy with multiple hearts.

These aren't exactly "behind the scenes" pictures, but they are quite rare. They're a couple of pictures of Lurene Tuttle (aka. Granny Annie) that I found in the USC Digital Library. On the right is Lurene's 18-year-old daughter, Barbara Ruick. Barbara was also an actress; she appeared in several movies and TV shows in the '50s and '60s including 'Carousel' in 1956. Barbara was married to composer John Williams until her premature death in 1974.

The caption says: "Contract approval, 28 August 1951. Lurene Tuttle (mother); Barbara Ruick -- 18 years (actress)."

LureneTuttle1.jpg

LureneTuttle2.jpg

Larger versions available at USC Digital Library.

Here's another picture of Lurene from around the same time. I posted it recently in the trivia thread:

MysteryGuest6.jpg

Hoss, you seem to be having a soft spot for her. :)

9495486083_b064ebaa16_o.jpg

Original from Imagecollect.com

I think this was just after Reunion 1.

9498285172_2df9e84f11_o.jpg

John, Cathy and Tom with Reunion GL2.

9495486029_3af9af754a_o.jpg

Season 5 or 6 promotional shot. can't be season 7 as the General didn't have a diagonal bar in the roll bar in season 7.

9498285264_bc56756cb3_o.jpg

Seems to be from 'Go west, Young dukes' looking at John. but it can't be as Denver doesn't have red hair.

Hoss, you seem to be having a soft spot for her. :)

She's got a lovely smile and a blonde 18-year-old daughter - what's not to like ;).

9495486083_b064ebaa16_o.jpg

I think this was just after Reunion 1.

The TV Guide they're holding is May 1-7 1982, but I'd agree with you that the image looks later than that. Here's the cover and an inside page that I've tweaked from images I found on Ebay. Notice that the jump image is from 'Granny Annie' - I just can't get away from that woman :).

1982TVGuide1.jpg

1982TVGuide2.jpg

9506303914_7d16363df3_o.jpg

uhm... Part one of 'Carnival of Thrills'?

Two things make me think that this wasn't for 'Carnival of Thrills'. Firstly, there's a reference to "J.R. Ruined?" which I'm guessing refers to Dallas, which used to follow Dukes on a Friday night in the US. 'Carnival of Thrills' was shown as a two-hour special on September 16, 1980, and there was no episode of Dallas shown that night (or even that month). Secondly, it says "New Time! Brand New!". According to 'The Dukes of Hazzard: The Unofficial Companion', the time slot changed midway through season 4. I can't find exactly when the time changed, but 'Dukescam Scam' is roughly midway and was shown on January 1, 1982, which seems like a good time for a new schedule. Having said that, while it fits with "Dukes Duped!", the description "Boss Hogg to wreck General Lee?" doesn't really fit that episode. Maybe it was 'Goodbye, General Lee', which aired on December 4, 1981. The Dallas episode that night was 'Five Dollars a Barrel'. IMDb.com gives the summary as "J.R. finds himself in financial hot water and must broker an extension of his loan. Cliff takes advantage of J.R.'s hot spot to get some concessions.", which could fit with the tagline above.

Here's another Dukes related TV Guide listing that I found on Ebay:

1982TVGuide3.jpg

This one's obviously from during season 5 as Coy and Vance are in the picture. Other adverts in the same issue include new seasons/episodes of Cheers, Knight Rider, Matt Houston, and Tales of the Gold Monkey, amongst others.

Thanks Hoss. :D People really seem to sell everything they don't need anymore. Though it's nice to see guides with Dukes.

9513306406_f1ec1e1170_o.jpg

From filming of High Octane.

9513306470_8340d46d7a_o.jpg

From the everything Dukes of Hazzard Related Tribute Page on Facebook.

You already knew this, no?

9510517849_e16fa772fe_o.jpg

From the everything Dukes of Hazzard Related Tribute Page on Facebook, photo from Cindy Willis.

Anyone recognizes one or more of the persons in the photo?

9513306366_fc7f1ee31c_o.jpg

Again, from the everything Dukes of Hazzard Related Tribute Page on Facebook. Photo from Cindy Willis.

A t-shirt? and no, I did not draw the left part of the picture.