Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

I love these old TV Guide pictures. I have a bunch of the originals saved with my Dukes stuff.

I sure wish the Enos spinoff series would become available.

Would you be able to scan them and post them?

Yeah, I wished Enos would be on DVD too. I can't find out if it was on TV in europe so I don't know if there would ever come a European version.

9321035716_2c6f9f311a_o.jpg

Abraham Lincoln Hogg, Daisy Mae Duke and Rosco Purvis Coltrane. I think they enjoyed seeing Sorrell play a better person. :)

9318245117_f21d86873e_o.jpg

Original from Generallee.nl

This is from filming at Saugus Speedway, but I can't figure out from which episode.

9318245103_76524a7f12_o.jpg

Original from Imagecollect.com

I guess this is during rehearsal, I think he has a stuffed dog so a real flash doesn't have to be held in Rosco's arms all the time.

9321035752_65f09465a8_o.jpg

I found some covers of what seems to be an old Dukes of hazzard annual Magazine, did anyone ever hear of it?

9324831076_17340820e7_o.jpg

Win a trip to California... Including airfare, hotel & spending money!

I wish you'd posted this just over 31 years ago so I could enter the competition. Don't try to use excuses like you hadn't been born or that the World Wide Web wouldn't exist for another seven years :).

I have 5 out of the 6 Annuals that you posted. The one that I'm missing is the upper left one. They were made in England and they're not really magazines because they have hard covers.

And no, I can't scan stuff. At least I don't think I can. I'd have to ask my wife since my computer skills are nearly non existent.

I just love this thread! Thanks again for everything.

I wish you'd posted this just over 31 years ago so I could enter the competition. Don't try to use excuses like you hadn't been born or that the World Wide Web wouldn't exist for another seven years :).

Because Hills wasnt in europe. :p

I have 5 out of the 6 Annuals that you posted. The one that I'm missing is the upper left one. They were made in England and they're not really magazines because they have hard covers.

And no, I can't scan stuff. At least I don't think I can. I'd have to ask my wife since my computer skills are nearly non existent.

I just love this thread! Thanks again for everything.

Roger, what was in these Annuals? I can't find anything about it.

9324433833_495c776302_o.jpg

From the Everything Dukes of Hazzard Related Tribute Page.

In Georgia during Filming of 'high Octane'.

9327228460_385ec011b5_o.jpg

Daisy and her Jeep CJ-7 'Dixie'

9324433855_3333430af1_o.jpg

A jump done on Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch.

9327228404_04b69679f0_o.jpg

Styx River.

I'll let Roger tell you what's inside, because I don't have any of them, but they do come up for sale quite regularly on Ebay in the UK (I checked the Dutch Ebay, but they were all UK sellers):

Ebay UK search for "dukes of hazzard annual" (NB. this is a link to a search, so results will vary)

The Annuals were published by two different companies depending on the year, Purnell or Grandreams.

The first ones weren't very good. They just had role play stories with bad comic book illustrations to go with them. They had very few real pictures of the stars. After that they got real good real fast. They were loaded with info about the stars, trivia, jokes, games, role plays southern recipes and stories about southern culture (which was important because these books were apparently better sellers in Europe than America). They also had info about American muscle cars, NASCAR and other southern culture trivia. The nice thing about them was the awesome pictures. They were loaded with them! Back in those days VCRs weren't available so you could only see the Dukes once a week. That meant that pictures of the Dukes were valuable commodities to folks like me who couldn't get enough of anything related to Hazzard County.

The Annuals were published by two different companies depending on the year, Purnell or Grandreams.

The first ones weren't very good. They just had role play stories with bad comic book illustrations to go with them. They had very few real pictures of the stars. After that they got real good real fast. They were loaded with info about the stars, trivia, jokes, games, role plays southern recipes and stories about southern culture (which was important because these books were apparently better sellers in Europe than America). They also had info about American muscle cars, NASCAR and other southern culture trivia. The nice thing about them was the awesome pictures. They were loaded with them! Back in those days VCRs weren't available so you could only see the Dukes once a week. That meant that pictures of the Dukes were valuable commodities to folks like me who couldn't get enough of anything related to Hazzard County.

Thank you for all that info Roger. :D

9339200944_e0d4367127_o.jpg

Catherine on the photoshoot of Coy, Vance, Bo and Luke.

9336412009_9ab2666abe_o.jpg

Clearly not outside.

9339200836_7d3f210e2e_o.jpg

Must be from early on looking at the General Lee lettering.

9339200738_70ae05024f_o.jpg

Beautiful shot of the General. :p

GREAT pictures, as ALWAYS :-))

Thank You. :D

9342950713_7e8cc5a92a_o.jpg

I've got no idea what FJM means.

I think this picture is from one of the Georgia episode as the police car looks to be a Dodge Monaco.

9342950797_2bcff2bacd_o.jpg

Original from ebay user Hollywoodlandphotoz.

This must be in Boss his office, but as this was early on looking at Luke's jack it was still Rosco's office.

9342951043_1abca4c70f_o.jpg

From a season one photoshoot, the stuntmen hated the AMC's.

9342967157_724bc23e80_o.jpg

You might know this picture, but as it was so big I just had to post it.

9342950713_7e8cc5a92a_o.jpg

I've got no idea what FJM means.

I think this picture is from one of the Georgia episode as the police car looks to be a Dodge Monaco.

I'd guess that FJM is just the name of an Ebay seller.

The outfits are the same as this well-known image:

DukesTrio.jpg

I say "well-known" because it used to be part of the old HNet header:

HNetOldHeader.jpg

Another picture of Daisy on her own, again in the same outfit, shows the General without the door number, so I'd agree that this is an early photoshoot.

DukesDaisy.jpg

By the pattern on Daisy's belt, I'd say that your picture has been mirrored.

BTW. Your last image doesn't show up for me, and tells me that it contains errors when I try to load it directly.

you should try to view it via my flickr profile. http://www.flickr.com/photos/96183273@N07/sets/72157633593796677/ click the link and scroll down. the picture is 5000 pixels wide.

Thanks for the link. It looks like it's a Firefox issue because the image displays fine in Explorer and Chrome. I'll have to do some more investigating unless anyone knows of a solution.

:D

9348209833_a4f3b362f7_o.jpg

:-P

9350990622_102ba98317_o.jpg

I really got no idea what Abe and Rosco are trying to do in the image.

9348209717_110e2954c5_o.jpg

My best guess is that this is part of a promotional photoshoot for 'Lulu's Gone Away', but it could also just a random photoshoot to promote the show.

9348209647_1dffa8dfe2_o.jpg

My guess is that they are measuring JD's first fat suit, in the first few episodes he didn't have one.