Season 2 Peoples Choice

So i was watching this episode today along with arrest jesse duke and I was wondering if it was ever explained how boss hogg got his postion back as county commissioner when he lost it to Thelma (I think thats her name) just wondering. Thanks

The simple answer is "No". Thelma Claire (T.C.) Rogers was never heard of again, and Boss resumed responsibilty for the Duke Boys probation.

If you double check you'll find that it wasn't the position of "County Commissioner" that Boss lost. It was a different title. I can't remember exactly what it was called but since it's never mentioned again in the series we can assume Boss either got it back or abolished it and just took over the duties that the position entailed.

• 10 months later...

One of the fun (or sometimes, one of the semi annoying) things about the series, is how many of Boss's powers and positions would change from episode to episode. For example, sometimes he would be able to pull off huge plots with no trouble as it was 'in his power' to do so, but on other occasions he really had to scheme and hussle to get them through. It was very much down to who was writing the episode that week. :lol:

Also, the series does have a habit of effectively pressing the reset button after most episodes, as in the events in one episode very seldom have a (direct) affect on any other episode. In one way this was always fun, but on the other hand, especially during the last couple of seasons, began to limit the show and prevent it from developing any further, which didn't help it's increasingly formulaic nature and might be argued was ultimately part of it's demise. I believe I've heard Ben Jones and a couple of other cast members air similar thoughts to this.

• 6 years later...
On 4/19/2013 at 11:38 PM, RogerDuke said:

If you double check you'll find that it wasn't the position of "County Commissioner" that Boss lost. It was a different title. I can't remember exactly what it was called but since it's never mentioned again in the series we can assume Boss either got it back or abolished it and just took over the duties that the position entailed.

Cousin Roger... It's Supervisory Administrator