General Lee diecast question

Wich General Lee/Double 0/Police die-cast cars in terms of detail are the best to get ?

Assuming that you're talking about 1:18 scale models, I covered the recent releases in this thread. The Autoworld 'Silver Screen' General Lee is the most accurate so far, but will cost you $80-90. I have the previous one by Ertl (very similar detail), and it even has seat belts, accurate hood hinges and a wired up engine. The recently released patrol car is also the best so far because it has the correct lightbar for the first time. Conversely, the original Double Zero is slightly more accurate, but you'll have a hard time finding one of them now (they came with a 1:64 model in the same box and occasionally appear on Ebay for about $250). If you want a new Double Zero I'd get one quickly as they seem to be getting thinner on the ground.

DiecastGeneral.jpg

DiecastPatrolCar.jpg

DiecastDoubleZero.jpg

Assuming that you're talking about 1:18 scale models, I covered the recent releases in this thread. The Autoworld 'Silver Screen' General Lee is the most accurate so far, but will cost you $80-90. I have the previous one by Ertl (very similar detail), and it even has seat belts, accurate hood hinges and a wired up engine. The recently released patrol car is also the best so far because it has the correct lightbar for the first time. Conversely, the original Double Zero is slightly more accurate, but you'll have a hard time finding one of them now (they came with a 1:64 model in the same box and occasionally appear on Ebay for about $250). If you want a new Double Zero I'd get one quickly as they seem to be getting thinner on the ground.

DiecastGeneral.jpg

DiecastPatrolCar.jpg

DiecastDoubleZero.jpg

Wow those are some great looking cars ! How are the joyrid version and johnny lightning versions of the general and the others do you know ?

Wow those are some great looking cars ! How are the joyrid version and johnny lightning versions of the general and the others do you know ?

With the exception of the General Lee, all the new cars I mentioned are sold under the Johnny Lightning name, and use the old RC2/Ertl molds. They are mid-range in terms of price and detail. The Ertl Authentics/Autoworld Silver Screen General Lees share a mold. They are a level above the other cars (and other General Lees) in terms of detail, but you pay a premium price for that. You can also get a standard General Lee in 1:18 and 1:25, but don't expect the same quality. I found a comparison of three different releases here.