Shattered

i1976

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your kind words, Roth. I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you like it though you mostly dislike to read books and stories (whereas I'm a fanatic reader... I'm actually reading THREE books together... books are like a drug, for me).

OK, and now...

JUST posted a new chapter, "Hot milk". Do you like drinking hot milk in the night? Dukes for sure like it, really relaxing.

Hope you enjoy it (I mean... the chapter, beside hot milk, LOL).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your kind words, Roth. I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you like it though you mostly dislike to read books and stories (whereas I'm a fanatic reader... I'm actually reading THREE books together... books are like a drug, for me).

Whenever I read a book I get lost in my own imagination and have to search again where I was in that book. Especially large paragraphs, that always annoys me a lot. :(

JUST posted a new chapter, "Hot milk". Do you like drinking hot milk in the night? Dukes for sure like it, really relaxing.

I've never drunk hot milk in the night, I haven't drunk hot milk in 10 years. That is if hot chocolate doesn't count. But thank you for that , when I can't sleep i'll try the hot milk. I didn't know it was relaxing.

Hope you enjoy it (I mean... the chapter, beside hot milk, LOL).

Again, an awesome chapter. I can't say it enough, even though the quantity has gone up the quality is still just as great.

Also, thank you for making the paragraphs not so big.

The part with the salt got me really cracking up. :D (I don't know if it was the right word but i meant that I found it really funny and started laughing)

You really seem to take all the characteristics of the characters, explore them and add feelings to them in the way we expect people from hazzard to react. What I mean to say is that everything in 'Shattered' is something which could most definitively happened in Hazzard County.

Thank you for these stories, they are just really Great.

Just posted the new chapter.

"Strange fate".

Quick update but I had really fun in writing this chapter. I've always loved to write of Dukes and Hazzard using an "external" perspective (through the eyes of a new character, someone who doesn't know anything about Dukes and Hazzard).

So, now, image a L.A.'s reporter arriving to Hazzard and meeting Dukes and their "strange orange car", ROFL.

Hope you enjoy it. :wink:

It's a really nice chapter from a different perspective. I hope that's the right word. What I mean is That you involved Bo and Luke more into this chapter and adding Catherine too makes for a great story.

I have the idea this chapter was half as short as the others but I just looked through the others and they are the same length, I guess this one was just faster read.

It was really funny when Catherine referred to them not reading the Los Angeles times. :D

You refer to Luke as a dark man, i'm not English but I believe a dark man is someone with a dark skin. A blonde is right though, you can't have a blonde skin. :p I don't know if you can edit chapter but I would change it to dark haired man.

i1976, is Catherine Burns a reference to Catherine Bach and George Burns? I seem to remember vaguely they we're on a show together ones.

Yeah, I love writing using a different perspective (so imaging how a stranger could see Hazzard and Dukes). Funny.

I wrote of Bo as the blond man and Luke as the brown (not dark) one... I suppose "blond and brown man" means man with blond hair and man with brown hair. I'm not English, as you... so I'm confused :-? In italian there's no reason to say brown-haired man, 'cause brown is usually referred to hair and not to skin, as blond is referred to hair and not to skin...

Some English out there to solve this doubt??? LOL

I decided to call the reporter Catherine Burns thinking of Catherine Bach, yeah, you got it ;), but ... I wasn't thinking of George Burns. The surname Burns was... casual.

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you're enjoying.

Yeah, I love writing using a different perspective (so imaging how a stranger could see Hazzard and Dukes). Funny.

I wrote of Bo as the blond man and Luke as the brown (not dark) one...

Oops! I meant Brown instead of dark.

I just searched something in google. When I type Blonde, I see blonde haired men, when I type Brown man I find dark skin colored men and when I type Brown haired man I find wel... Brown haired men. :D

So i think it is wrong here to say Brown man.

I wrote of Bo as the blond man and Luke as the brown (not dark) one... I suppose "blond and brown man" means man with blond hair and man with brown hair. I'm not English, as you... so I'm confused :-? In italian there's no reason to say brown-haired man, 'cause brown is usually referred to hair and not to skin, as blond is referred to hair and not to skin...

Some English out there to solve this doubt??? LOL

Oops! I meant Brown instead of dark.

I just searched something in google. When I type Blonde, I see blonde haired men, when I type Brown man I find dark skin colored men and when I type Brown haired man I find wel... Brown haired men. :D

So i think it is wrong here to say Brown man.

This is my opinion as someone who has English as their first language. "Blonde" is a female with blonde hair, the male equivalent is "blond". I wouldn't use "brown" on its own to describe someone as it's likely to be taken as a not very politically correct reference to skin color. If you're wanting to refer to hair color, your choice is either "brown-haired" or "brunet"/"brunette" (male/female). Hope this helps. :)

i1976, is Catherine Burns a reference to Catherine Bach and George Burns? I seem to remember vaguely they we're on a show together ones.

I'd never heard of it before, but you're right. Catherine was a guest on George Burns' 1984 TV special, 'How to Live to be 100' (which he just managed). Here's the TV Guide for that week:

BachBurns.jpg

I found a short clip on YouTube. NB. The first live bit is about 48 seconds in, and the rest is a mixture of stills and blank screens. Cathy does aerobics with some cheerleaders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9McRxlkKXY

Oh.. YEAH.

Just posted a new chapter, "Between gestures and words".

Again, I liked to switch perspectives between Catherine Burns (the L.A.'s reporter), Daisy and Enos. I hope it isn't too much confusing, but I tried my best to show different POVs and feelings.

Hope you enjoy it.

And thank you for reading.

I finally had some time to read it. :D

Like always, another great chapter! It was really detailed which made it very good. I'm very curious about where he will talk privately. The police station? Enos' apartment?

Anyway, I can't thank you enough for writing something about Hazzard which isn't all about Hazzard and the Dukes, I really like that for a change.

It might just be me but when you are speaking about Catherine Burns I picture myself this woman.

9263186913_77c8baf3eb_o.jpg

She is the manager of Loretta Lynn in 'Find Loretta Lynn'.

Thank you very much, Roth :-))

Great image, I like how you pictured Catherine Burns, very fitting into my idea.

So, I gave her large glasses with black frame. You can read of their private talk at the Police Department in the new chapter.

"Walls", just posted.

Hope you enjoy it.

wow... just WOW! You stories are just immensely good. At first when I read 'between gestures and words' I thought the interview could have been included in it. But the interview is so long and amazing that It would have just made the chapter too long. It felt really like the show ones again. I don't know how to express it but the best way to say it is just by saying how it is. Enos hid behind 'Police business' which is what he always does if he doesn't wanna tell something. This makes your story very Hazzard like, I had the feeling I was reading a script for an episode, that's how good it was.

Also I like how you added in the glasses. :)

I can't tell you enough how AWESOME you stories really are.

Thank you Roth for your kind words. I REALLY appreciate it ;)

And, now, a new chapter: "A small notebook". Catherine, the journalist, is starting her "research" among Hazzard's folks.

Hope you enjoy it.

Just one question: I remember an episode where Enos' absence is explained as "he's in Capital City to visit some relatives"... or cousins... I don't remember. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 20 is up, "A thunder in the distance"

(Roth, you're goin' to have a lot to read, LOL).

Ok,in this chapter you'll meet, again, Elton, WHOGG Radio's speaker. Do you remember him, in "Enos' last chance episode"?

Well, I LOVE that episode for several reasons: I think it's the episode showing Enos' sense of duty in the best way (MY idea of Enos is in THAT episode) and I find interesting Elton's interviewing Enos and presenting him as "a self-made man, an example of success in Hazzard", and even more interesting and meaningful are Enos' words in that interview (deep and mature); moreover, I love how the whole town shows its respect for Enos and its rallying (being Dukes in frontline) in order to help him. I'm trying to use that "spirit" in this story, despite the rough and thorny topic (see the Feedback thread).

Hope you're enjoying it :-)

Chapter 20 is up, "A thunder in the distance"

(Roth, you're goin' to have a lot to read, LOL).

I know :D Last 2 day i was busy with my Hobby beside watching Dukes, but as I ran out of supplies for that I probably have some time this evening to read all 3.

Ok,in this chapter you'll meet, again, Elton, WHOGG Radio's speaker. Do you remember him, in "Enos' last chance episode"?

I wish WHOGG would have been in more then 2 episodes, loved that part of the show.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have much time to read them unfortunately. :-? I have some time Friday. :D :D :D

Don't worry. I'm glad you're interested to this story and you're reading it :)

You have ALL the time you need, 'cause I'm not going to delete it after I'll finish it, and it means the story will stay on the web for YEARS :innocent:

So, take your time. The best gift, for me, is to know there are people who enjoy my writing.

I hope you'll like it, and... if at some point you'll be bored or not interested anymore, well, I won't be offended :wink: (I don't want people feel obliged to read, or people feel obliged to read with MY time: the timing of my updates doesn't imply people have to read with that timing... any of us has his/her real life... job... family... and so on).

I just read your 5 newest chapters in one go. :D

Some moments I couldn't stop laughing and some moments I was about to cry for Enos. I've read way to much this late evening to sum up the best parts, though I hope the wait for the next chapter won't be so long as I absolutely loved the cliffhanger you put in your last chapter. Maybe a bit extreme, but the whole story is extreme so that's a good thing.

If i'm honest I hope the story will stay in Hazzard and not go to another county.

There were some typos in every chapter, though they were easy to read over. meaning there were no major typos.

I've placed them in a notepad file. If you want I can sum them up for you here.

The story is really Amazing, also Jesse's reaction to Boss about Catherine wanting to give the HPD money for an interview was genuine Dukes. There is just one thing I missed, where have Catherine's glasses gone?

This may sound a bit weird but would there be a possibility to have some sort of car chase soon? That's the only thing missing lately. Though it doesn't change how good the story is getting.

Keep up the good work Ila, the story Is getting better every chapter. I wish I had read them earlier, I had time before but I forgot the story. :-?:cry::mad:

THANK you Roth!!!!

I'm really HAPPY you're liking the story...though if a bit "extreme" (due to the thorny topic), but I hope not so extreme to deform Hazzard's spirit.

I hope other readers laughed and nearly cried as you, reading these chapters; I like to smooth drama with "light" and funny scenes.

And I loved writing the scene with uncle Jesse fighting Boss: I re-watched some episodes in order to catch their moves and way to talk (hope the scene is vivid).

OK, some preview: NO, the story'll stay in Hazzard. It's an Hazzard's story, and I'm not planning to move Enos in other Counties to follow the bomber. A lot of things are going to happen just in Hazzard (as it happened in the TV-show, where it seemed Dukes attracted troubles like honey attracts bees, LOL).

Car chases? Yeah, I think at some point you'll have a good car chase. :wink:

Catherine's glasses!!!! You're righ, I'm going to fix that little detail.

Typos :( I know, I'd appreciate if you showed me these typos (so I'm going to fix them and trying not to repeat them), maybe better by P.M. (in order not to transform this thread in LONG list of typos, LOL).