Shattered

i1976

Los Angeles, the big city just spitted deputy Strate out after shattering him during his second experience there. After his coming back to Hazzard, Dukes, his best friends, will have to understand what happened to him.

Setting after the 7th series.

Just posted the prologue, a little preview of the up-coming story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9191817/1/Shattered

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1162

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Roth!!! I REALLY appreciate it.

Uh, well, if you're interested in COMPLETED stories, I wrote several stories about DOH (you can find them on my page on fanfiction.net... or here, scattered in the "Fanfic announcement page").

I can say the stories I'm most prideful of are "Snow", "Memories?" and "Reaching you" (written some years ago); and I'm pretty proud of the recent "Carry that weight".

But.. to be honest, I think I've lost something, after "Mamories?": a spirit, a joy in writing, a perspective, I don't know, but something changed from them. And I had also a bad crisis as I was writing "Carry that weight", to the point I was going to stop writing.

But at the end I've understood what the problem was: I was forgetting about the original show and the original characters, and I was focusing on something away from my sensitivity and idea of the show, forcing myself into a new path (a path not right for me). I broke my basic idea and my particulr perspective, and now I'm still recollecting the broken pieces.

And... do you know what helped me? Re-watch the original episodes, catching, again, the characters as they were, learning to write a story for the characters as they were and not the characters for a story as it has to be (a bit difficult to explain, I know, sorry, but it's something I'm still understanding and trying to nderstand better and better). And your pictures are helping me, too, 'cause I can feel the spirit of the original show, something I was unfortunately losing.

SO, I'm finally back to my old road (and to this Forum... a Forum I confess I abandoned a bit for a while): and be back means having closed some doors behind me, doors I don't want to open, never again. 'Cause I have the feeling that readers who usually followed me liked more my pevious stories: even if I know people are reading, and liking, "Shattered", my instict tells me that people want stories like "Memories?", from me, and I'm sad to know that, for sure, I've disappointed some readers.

It's why I'm so concerned about keep on writing such a dramatic story without losing the focus on Hazzard as it was: friendship, honesty, justice, love. :-))

Blah... blah... blah... sorry for my verbosity, LOL

Edited by i1976

It's good to write a different kind of story ones in a while.

The story Shattered shows us sides of Daisy and Enos we rarely see, but they suit their characters and those sides are sometimes seen during the original series. For example Daisy's caring for Enos and Enos not wanting Daisy to worry about him. You really play into these things very well which I really like. Also, Enos and Daisy say their usual great lines like "sugar" which together with their rarely seen side make me believe your story could be a script for a Dukes movie.

I haven't read your other stories yet but I am planning to do this very soon, but mostly when I have time to read anything I don't have internet. So if you don't mind I'll save them to my laptop so I can read them.

Edited by Roth Potter
mistyped words fixed

Thank you very much, Roth.

IF and WHEN you'll read my other stories (I don't want to force you), tell me if you like them, and what kind of stories you prefer.

I'm planning to open a poll on my page on fanfiction.net, asking readers what story they prefer the most. I think it could be helpful, for me... if someone answers the poll, LOL. Lately someone read with a GREAT attention "Memories?" and then "Reaching you" (re-reading every chapter), and sometimes I wonder WHY readers don't react. It's the same for you: there are a LOT of people watching your thread of rare pictures (trust me, a LOT of peole), but just few stop and say "Great, thanks Roth, you're doing a great job". A bit sad.

Ok, I'm going to create that poll ;-)

A new chapter is up.

Tonight, on the Dukes: A classic brawl at the Boar's Nest, Enos standing against Rosco and refusing to arrest Bo and Luke, and Dukes making a plan sitting around their kitchen's table.

Read "A newspaper and a report", and enjoy it. ;-)

Thank you.

OK, just posted chapter 11.

Dukes finally understood what happened to Enos (more or less... they're still missing a piece of the puzzle)... clever (and caring) Dukes.

The thorny topic of this story is totally revealed, now, so read what I wrote in the "Feedback-Shattered"-thread, please (if you haven't done it, yet).

Thank you. :-))

Hey i1976,

I've read your latest chapter and I can't say anything more then AMAZING. The depth and how you keep the stories real is just amazing, very good. The best is the scene at the house, I even felt like I was there. While reading the story I have the idea I am watching a two part episode of the Dukes.

I couldn't find a better way to describe it.

Hey i1976,

I've read your latest chapter and I can't say anything more then AMAZING. The depth and how you keep the stories real is just amazing, very good. The best is the scene at the house, I even felt like I was there. While reading the story I have the idea I am watching a two part episode of the Dukes.

I couldn't find a better way to describe it.

WOW. Thank you very much. It's a BIG compliment: being able to keep the story real but at the same time giving you the idea is Hazzard (as you're watching an episode)... it's what I'm trying to do, and I'm happy if I've managed to do it.

I like to write stories with more drama and angst than in the TV-show, but at the same time I don't want to be disrespectful to the show and its characters (any character); so, when I write, I try to remember how the characters interacted, how they talked, how they looked at each other... how they were in the show. I like to give Enos more depth and to show is serious side (the one seen in episodes like "Enos' last chance", for example), but at the same time I can't forget his funny, clumsy and naive side; and it's the same for the other characters... and for Hazzard in general (and when I think of Hazzard I can't help but thinking of a familiar, loving and friendly atmosphere; I can't help but thinking of Dukes as the best friends someone could have, loving their sense of justice, honesty, their family's values, and so on). I'm trying to "push" serious topics and dramatic plots into Hazzard, without "deforming" it, without transforming Hazzard and the characters in something totally different. I want to "add" and to "develop" without "changing" too much.

I'm really glad you're liking the story. :-))

Another great chapter! Thank you so much for making these stories i1976, I just love them.

although there are some spelling mistakes they are easy to read over. But i can not remember the dukes having a bathroom, I remember they have a big tin bath bucket,I do not know the correct word for it =S It can be seen during the episode 'High Octane'

9019610076_4a4d32aa6c_o.jpg

Another great chapter! Thank you so much for making these stories i1976, I just love them.

although there are some spelling mistakes they are easy to read over. But i can not remember the dukes having a bathroom, I remember they have a big tin bath bucket,I do not know the correct word for it =S It can be seen during the episode 'High Octane'

I remember the big tin bath bucket... but I also rememebr a bathroom with a bathtube. Or, at least, I remember Daisy complaining about Bo's hair in the bathtube (in "Officer Daisy Duke"?). I'm goin' to check... tomorrow... now gotta go to bed, LOL.

But i can not remember the dukes having a bathroom, I remember they have a big tin bath bucket, I do not know the correct word for it

I'd probably just call it a tin bath.

I remember the big tin bath bucket... but I also rememebr a bathroom with a bathtube. Or, at least, I remember Daisy complaining about Bo's hair in the bathtube (in "Officer Daisy Duke"?). I'm goin' to check... tomorrow... now gotta go to bed, LOL.

In 'Officer Daisy Duke', Bo and Luke are arguing in the kitchen when Luke says "Another thing, the bathtub ring is disgusting. And them blond hairs of yours in the drain don't do one thing...". A drain would suggest a bathroom.

I'd probably just call it a tin bath.

In 'Officer Daisy Duke', Bo and Luke are arguing in the kitchen when Luke says "Another thing, the bathtub ring is disgusting. And them blond hairs of yours in the drain don't do one thing...". A drain would suggest a bathroom.

Thank you, HossC. So, I was right about a bathroom and a bathtube, someway. Never shown, anyway.

Just posted the new chapter.

"Closed window"

It's a chapter really meaningful, to me, 'cause in this chapter there's MY idea of World and MY idealism (reflecting Enos' idealism) through uncle Jesse's words. It's the chapter that explains the REAL meaning of this story, it's WHY I'm writing this story.

After all, it's what my signature is about, writing is digging up myself. :-)) Writing fanfic, for me, it isn't just a simple writing a story and a simple keeping alive my favorite characters (yeah, in part I write because of it), but I write for digging up my values, emotions and... what's important to me, in life (and maybe it's why I write more slice-of-life stories than action stories).

Hope you enjoy it.

I mostly dislike reading books and stories but ding dang what a great chapter!

You can really feel the atmosphere like your in the story, like i said before this could very well be the script for a Dukes of Hazzard 2 episode tv special.

P.S. Sorry for taking so long to read it, I was really busy with my education but now I have 4 days off.