Dukes of Hazzard Diecast Models

HossC

On 1/4/2019 at 11:58 PM, HossC said:

GreenLight Collectibles have some upcoming 1:18 releases which may interest people here. Firstly, out now, is their 1977 Plymouth Fury in Hazzard livery:

Greenlight1.jpg

Our non-essential stores only reopened yesterday, and today I treated myself to one of these. Unfortunately, the model is encased in polystyrene, so it can't be displayed in the box. They also had a 1975 Coronet in Hazzard livery, but they're not cheap over here and I couldn't justify buying both!

As I mentioned above, the Plymouth Fury is completely surrounded by polystyrene and that's within a cardboard box with no windows. I usually keep my models "mint in box", but I decided to carefully open the box just to make sure that the car was in perfect condition.

The light bar is wrapped separately in the top of the box, with the car inside the main packaging. It's quite a weighty model and feels substantial, but it's not up to the detail level of some of my previous purchases. Only the front doors open, so no opening hood with engine, and no trunk. The tires are plastic rather than rubber, and the front wheels don't steer. The graphics look good (although there are no license plates), but I was rather surprised to find the body painted in an off-white. I would even go as far as to say that it's light beige. I was expecting brilliant white. Finally, the window surrounds are painted silver rather than chrome.

Overall, I'd probably give it 7/10. It's the closest diecast replica of Rosco's car that's available in 1:18 scale, but it could've been better (I guess my Authentics General Lee gave me higher expectations). I'm glad that I've added this one to my collection, although I probably won't now be buying the 1975 Coronet.

BTW. There's no mention of the Dukes of Hazzard or Warner Bros. on the box, so you have to look carefully to make sure you have the right model!