Season 6 - Night scenes?

Calderone

I've just finished season 6 , last episode "Cooter's confesions" i noticed that

and some other episodes before this i noticed that some of the scenes looks like they were filmed at night or maybe recreation of the sets with different lightning

There are some scenes where they show the general on the streets and

Cooter's garage that are kinda different with a night vibe to it but they were supposedly happening on the day.

There are quite a few scenes that were filmed at night, and it started in the very first episode. Take a listen to John and Cathy's commentary to 'One Armed Bandits' on the DVD. At the end of the chase around the Boar's Nest car park where Rosco's car (driven by Daisy) gets hit by a piano, John says:

"Now this is night time. Look how dark the top of the car is. This means that we worked past sunset and now it's night time, 'cause those lights are really bright."

NightTime0101.jpg

There's quite a few night scenes in seven seasons but only one scene in the whole series where you see stars but I don't think they're real.

It's when the alien is going home at the end of "Strange Visitor To Hazzard" from season 7.

(sorry, I know you were asking about the sixth season but I just thought I'd add this)

• 1 year later...

Odd - I finally sign up to the forums after browsing them for several years, and two of the first posts I comment on are "night scenes in the series". :lol: Nevermind the General's best jumps, Daisy's most attractive costume or anything like that, discussion of night scenes seems to be where it's at!! :rofl:

There are quite a few scenes in episodes that I've picked up on over the years where shots where quite clearly done late in the day. Occasionally this even leads to continuity problems, as the shadows are longer (though not too often, as clever lighting usually got around this being too obvious). In particularly to look out for are close up shots, in street scenes, where the sequence has been filmed during the day, but some close up "pick up" or reaction shots were needed, and it's apparent (after watching the episode for the 27th time!!) that they were filmed much later, with the lighting tweaked to try and match the daytime.