Post Christmas Blues

RogerDuke

Oh no, people are starting to take down their Christmas decorations. And there are evil people out there who have already taken ALL of their decorations down. Why are they not considering the feelings of poor folks like me who suffer post-Christmas blues? Where is their compassion? *uncontrollable sobbing commences*

Hey, Roger, you could become like Andy Park, aka. Mr. Christmas. He celebrated Christmas every day from 1993 for 23 years. I think he may still be doing it - he vowed to quit after December 2015 (he was overweight and broke), but only lasted two weeks before restarting his celebrations. From Wikipedia:

He claims that each day he eats breakfast (turkey sandwich and mince pies), then goes to work, until returning around at lunchtime to eat a full roast turkey dinner before watching a recording of the Queen's Christmas speech, sherry in hand.

In an interview published in 2006, Park was quoted as saying that, over the previous 13 years, he had consumed 4,380 turkeys (one a day), 87,600 mince pies (20 a day), 2,190 pints of gravy (half a pint a day), 26,280 roast potatoes (six a day), 30,660 stuffing balls, 219,000 mushy peas, 4,380 bottles of champagne, 4,380 bottles of sherry and 5,000 bottles of wine.

And more from the Daily Express in 2016:

Mr Park's celebrations means he buys himself, friends and family presents every day, sends a card to his own house every 24 hours and has a Christmas tree and decorations up all year round.

The electrician started his celebrations in 1993 and in more than twenty years he's spent £800,000 on gifts, £650,000 on food, £109,000 on champagne, £80,000 on crackers, £7,000 on trees and £35,000 on decorations.

But his obsession has proved a turn-off for potential girlfriends and he is often forced to eat his Christmas dinner alone.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2013 at 10:20 AM, RogerDuke said:

I'm already starting to make progress in curing my post Christmas blues. I deleted the Christmas shows off the DVR (I have the best ones on VHS in case of emergencies) Also, my wife's starting to put stuff away and so far it hasn't bummed me out.

I'm still celebrating though. Last night we were out and I was sure loving all the lights still out. Also, I'm listening to Christmas music (Elvis) as I type this. A friend of mine celebrates Russian Crhristmas so I asked to be invited over this weekend. He accepted but we were both joking since I wouldn't intrude on his family celebration. He knows how much I get the blues this time of year because he's a lot like me. Go ahead and say it......I'm so pathetic!!!

I was just looking these over and it sounds like I could have written this 2013 post today. Today is Russian Christmas so my friend is home celebrating right now....lucky bum. 

Also, I'm listening to Christmas music (Elvis) as I type this. ..

Was it...I'll have a Bloooo Christmas without yoooo!! ???

Go ahead and say it......I'm so pathetic!!! ...

No way! You're a good guy and good  friend and a fellow Hazzardite! ANYBODY who loves Hazzard as much as you do has GOT to be great! :) 

Edited by Hobie Harkins

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like Christmas is officially over. Tonight we watched the last Christmas movie that we had recorded, John Schneider's Poinsettias for Christmas. I guess it's time to move on. January will be over soon which means NASCAR ain't too far behind. But I still am catching myself with an occasional Christmas song in my head when it snows.