Post Christmas Blues

RogerDuke

Optimism is always a good thing MM. I suspect my post Christmas blues will start to kick in Monday but I've been fine lately. I'm still listening to Christmas music. In fact Dean Martin is singing as I type this. Happy New Year!

I love Dean Martin. :) We still have our Christmas tree up (artificial). I suppose we should probably take it down soon. I think our record is still having it up on Valentine's Day. LOL!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 11:52 PM, RogerDuke said:

Now its really official. I just deleted the 8 hours of Christmas music I had on the dvr from Sirius satellite radio on Dish Network. I feel good. Now I have to wait for the snow to melt so I can get the dirt bike going again.

It's not February yet and just like this time last year I deleted my music and am officially cured. It took me a whole month again. 

It finally feels like winter here again with temps in the 20s & 30's and snow on the ground :) . We set a record here for one of the top 5 warmest January's and a new record for most consecutive days above freezing, 9, almost made it to 10 straight but the 10th day's low was 30. Also had one of the rainiest January's, nearly 4 inches of rain when the normal is around 1 inch of rain. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Roth Potter said:

Wait... After Christmas day, Christmas is done over there.?

Most folks celebrate Christmas until Jan 2 so I don't know why the radio station stops celebrating so soon. It's a classic rock station and I only listen to classic country so I only listen to it for the month they play Christmas music. 

Taking the tree down and all the decorations always makes the house feel empty.  We leave the decorations up till mid January but it still feels empty after they are put away.  We put the tree up on November 17th every year.  It's a tradition and it's nice having a decorated Christmas tree up for Thanksgiving.

6 hours ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

Taking the tree down and all the decorations always makes the house feel empty.  We leave the decorations up till mid January but it still feels empty after they are put away.  We put the tree up on November 17th every year.  It's a tradition and it's nice having a decorated Christmas tree up for Thanksgiving.

It's nice to know somebody else out there feels like I do. I still have Christmas songs in my head way after Christmas. My wife takes the tree down a week into January. She knows I don't like doing it. 

23 hours ago, Meadowmufn said:

My sister takes the tree down the day after Christmas. We leave ours up at least halfway through January. I don't like it to end either, Roger.

It's always funny how everybody says Christmas comes earlier and earlier but it seems like right after they say that it is over already. I guess time seems to go faster when you get older.