Post Christmas Blues

RogerDuke

I'm already starting to make progress in curing my post Christmas blues. I deleted the Christmas shows off the DVR (I have the best ones on VHS in case of emergencies) Also, my wife's starting to put stuff away and so far it hasn't bummed me out.

I'm still celebrating though. Last night we were out and I was sure loving all the lights still out. Also, I'm listening to Christmas music (Elvis) as I type this. A friend of mine celebrates Russian Crhristmas so I asked to be invited over this weekend. He accepted but we were both joking since I wouldn't intrude on his family celebration. He knows how much I get the blues this time of year because he's a lot like me. Go ahead and say it......I'm so pathetic!!!

To me it didn't feel like Christmas this year...especially since we didn't have have snow, well at least pretty snow for Christmas. There was some but it was just blah. Then Christmas eve came and it was dinner with the family at my Grandmas. It felt like Christmas when all the kids were opening presents, but it just seem to go by in a flash and I swear I blinked and the night was over. Then it was Christmas day and it just went by so quick...I keep thinking Christmas is still coming up...but it isn't...well it is...in 355ish days!! We still have our tree up...even though this year it is only about 2 and a half feet tall!! :p It was really cute..I will have to post a picture of it! lol There were a few years when I was just a wee lil squirt the tree stayed up for I think it was 4 years straight...No lie, we just really enjoyed having it up, and it was really pretty, so we never took it down. So I got the blues too!!

I always end up singing Christmas songs in my head

I actually started singing them out loud the other day when me, my little cousin, my mama and grandma were putting a puzzle together..I do believe it was The Little Drummer Boy and Jingle Bells...They looked at me like I was nuts...but then my Grandma started singing along... 8)

"You're only young once but you can be immature forever."

Hahahahaha Roger, I like that…reminds me of me and all my friends….

Just a quick note on my post before…

Here is out little baby tree this year!! We kinda went Charlie Brown… 8)

23kylhu.jpg

I thought he was cute! This is a picture off my phone so it isn’t very clear…

And look…Mr. Moose (Yes I am aware this is a white tail deer and not a moose!) even gets in the Christmas spirit….

1puxw3.jpg

Well actually this is at my grandma’s and this was a few years ago. She won’t let me decorate him anymore. Her cat loves to tear down Christmas decorations. Buddy (the cat) would have had a ball with this…And she didn’t want the deer coming off the wall! Buddy actually basically destroyed her tree this year (again). He knocked it over and broke a bunch of the ornaments while she was gone. Mama and I had to take the whole thing apart, redo, and redecorate it. But we somewhat reprettified….Here is a picture of it also!!

t8rjls.jpg

Sadly I completely forgot to take a picture while it had all the presents under it...this was afterward!! lol

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey, it's October 1st.

That means that Christmas ads will start popping up in one month.

Actually, my wife has already gotten a couple Christmas advertisements in the mail.

Roger, you're GREAT, LOL.

I also LOVE Christmas, and I love winter because of Christmas!!

I'm going to post some pictures of Firenze... ehm... I mean Florence in Christmas. Be patient :)

I think this isthe best picture I took.

post-5122-143050815078_thumb.jpg

You can see the Christmas tree. And behind the tree... the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore, with the Brunelleschi's famous dome. Here the inside of the dome:

post-5122-143050815098_thumb.jpg

I like the Christmas tree near Santa maria del Fiore, even now, lloking at this picture, I'm smiling. :) (click on the pictures to see them larger).

Here some various other pictures:

post-5122-143050815184_thumb.jpg

post-5122-14305081512_thumb.jpg

post-5122-14305081515_thumb.jpg

Hahahahaha Roger, I like that…reminds me of me and all my friends….

Just a quick note on my post before…

Here is out little baby tree this year!! We kinda went Charlie Brown… 8)

23kylhu.jpg

I thought he was cute! This is a picture off my phone so it isn’t very clear…

And look…Mr. Moose (Yes I am aware this is a white tail deer and not a moose!) even gets in the Christmas spirit….

1puxw3.jpg

Well actually this is at my grandma’s and this was a few years ago. She won’t let me decorate him anymore. Her cat loves to tear down Christmas decorations. Buddy (the cat) would have had a ball with this…And she didn’t want the deer coming off the wall! Buddy actually basically destroyed her tree this year (again). He knocked it over and broke a bunch of the ornaments while she was gone. Mama and I had to take the whole thing apart, redo, and redecorate it. But we somewhat reprettified….Here is a picture of it also!!

t8rjls.jpg

Sadly I completely forgot to take a picture while it had all the presents under it...this was afterward!! lol

Ha! Ha!! That deer looks like something off Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck jokes! I love it!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I am highly sad that Christmas is here and over already...New Year's tomorrow. And back to work on Monday. Yuck. I like my job...just not ready to get up to the stupid alarm at three fifteen in the morning again. Oh well. Don't worry about me...I'll be fine in seven more weeks when NASCAR starts back up again. Seven long weeks...