Super Bowl picks

RogerDuke

Here are the NFL playoff teams.

Pick who you think will win the Super Bowl and who you think they'll beat. Pick one team from each of the two conferences. You're picking who you THINK will win, not necessarily who you WANT to win. If you'd like, put a little side note in there with who you WANT to win.

National Football Conference

Packers

49ers

Vikings

Falcons

Seahawks

Redskins

American Football Conference

Colts

Patriots

Texans

Ravens

Broncos

Bengals

ROGER DUKE PICKS THE FALCONS TO BEAT THE TEXANS IN THE SUPER BOWL

GO ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think will win? Dang Roger this is a hard question...

I hate to say this, but I think the Packers will win another Super Bowl over the Texans maybe.

Who I want to win the Super Bowl (since sadly my Bears have no chance of winning...) is the 49ers to beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

And in case y'all are wondering...I picked the 49ers because that is Jeff Gordon's favorite NFL team. (Jr's favorite team is the Redskins and Kasey Kahne's favorite team is the Seahawks...)

I'm thinking it might be Falcons vs. Broncos. The Broncos have been on a long win streak. Perhaps Peyton will tie things up with his brother this year. I'm sort of hoping my 'hawks can squeak in there somehow and have another shot. I'm still not happy about the refs handing our Super Bowl to your Steelers, Rog. Grrr...

So far the Super Bowl predictions are:

Garrett with the Packers beating the Texans.

Me with the Falcons beating the Texans.

Meadowmufn with Falcons vs Broncos but undecided on the winner.

We'll accept guesses until kick off of the first playoff game on Saturday Jan 5th.

Come on K-Duke give us your best guess.

So far the Super Bowl predictions are:

Garrett with the Packers beating the Texans.

Me with the Falcons beating the Texans.

Meadowmufn with Falcons vs Broncos but undecided on the winner.

We'll accept guesses until kick off of the first playoff game on Saturday Jan 5th.

Come on K-Duke give us your best guess.

Hey Roger...any chance I can change my pick?

I have thought it over and I think I want my pick to be the 49ers over the Broncos...

Know that is who I want to win, but soon enough the team I want to win, has to win, right? Besides being a Bear fan, it is just wrong to be putting Packers by MY name. ;)

ANYBODY but the 49ers. LOL. Not a fan. :) My nephew seems pretty confident Russell Wilson can lead the Seahawks to the Super Bowl, so I'm going with the Seahawks over the Broncos. I'm not quite as confident as my nephew, however. LOL! Watch, I'll be out of this by the weekend...

My Bears are out...which means I really don't have a bid at all. The only reason I am going for the 49ers (don't laugh...:lol:) is because that is Jeff Gordon's favorite team. Your Seahawks is Kasey Kahne's favorite team (he is another NASCAR driver...that is on Gordon's team).

The only reason I am going for the 49ers (don't laugh...:lol:) is because that is Jeff Gordon's favorite team. .

If folks laugh at that they'll have to laugh at me too. I'm a Pittsburgh fan in all sports but the NBA where I like the Timberwolves. I do try to follow other teams though, although not very closely. In fact, I have a favorite team in each division. I like all the teams from Atlanta because of Hazzard County being near there.

I'm the type of person who can't watch any type of sporting event without rooting fo someone. Sometimes I have to find the silliest, most meaningless reason to pick a team but the game is just too boring without rooting.

You and MM will be happy to hear that the Seahawks and Bulls are my favorite teams in their divisions!

If folks laugh at that they'll have to laugh at me too. I'm a Pittsburgh fan in all sports but the NBA where I like the Timberwolves. I do try to follow other teams though, although not very closely. In fact, I have a favorite team in each division. I like all the teams from Atlanta because of Hazzard County being near there.

I'm the type of person who can't watch any type of sporting event without rooting fo someone. Sometimes I have to find the silliest, most meaningless reason to pick a team but the game is just too boring without rooting.

You and MM will be happy to hear that the Seahawks and Bulls are my favorite teams in their divisions!

Thanks Roger. Does make me feel better. I have always liked the Cubs...well since I was four or so. Cause they are the closest team to me...I like the Bears because they are in Chicago...as well as the Bulls.

I have to have a team or driver to follow as well otherwise I have a hard time following the sport/game. If I have no one to go for, well I have little interest in it. No matter how hard I try.

Do think of the Dukes of Hazzard with the Atlanta teams as well....

YAY another Bulls fan. :) At least you have good taste in basketball and TV shows. Gotta work on your baseball and football teams though...LOL. (GO CUBS, GO BEARS, GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO JEFF GORDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL)

The Colts and Vikings have been eliminated.

The Colts lost to the Ravens 24-9.

The Vikings lost to the Packers 24-10.

The Broncos will play the Ravens next weekend.

The 49ers will face the Packers.

The Texans will face the Patriots.

The Falcons will play the winner of the Seahawks/Redskins game which has 7 minutes left with the Seahawks leading 21-14 after trailing 0-14 early on.

In the Super Bowl predictions....

Garrett has 49ers over Broncos.

I have Falcons over Texans.

Meadowmufn has Falcons VS Broncos

None of us lost any of our picks over the weekend.....

Of course all of these teams except the Texans had the weekend off because of byes so I had the only real win. (couldn't resist bragging)

Congratulations to Meadowmufn for the Seahawks win.

Actually, Roger, I went for the Seahawks to beat the Broncos. (Check a few posts above). Sorry to see RGIII out from injury. Much respect to him. I hope he comes back stronger next year.

Woops, sorry. I was going by post #4 but you're absolutely right. You changed it later on post #9. That's weird, 4 and 9. I thought you didn't like the 49ers.

The 49ers just beat the Packers 45-31. They will play the winner of the Falcons / Seahawks game.

As Garrett reported the Ravens beat the Broncos (38-35 in OT). They will play the winner of the Texans / Patriots game.

Meadowmufn and Garrett both lost the Broncos today (Sat).

Hopefully both my teams (Falcons and Texans) will survive tomorrow (Sun)

I am now hoping for a 49ers vs Patriots Super Bowl game...LOL.

(Only because Jeff Gordon likes the 49ers and Donnie Wahlberg (New Kids on the Block member as well as on my other favorite TV show, "Blue Bloods") likes the Patriots.)

Awesome reasons to pick a team, I know, but without the Bears I really don't have a team to go for. . .