Forum Upgrade

Meadowmufn

Folks, we'll be upgrading the forum software within the next week. The forum will look quite a bit different and might take some getting used to, but it can't be helped. Our current software will soon no longer be supported and the new software is supposed to be more secure. We appreciate your patience as we transition to the new forum. I'll post specific dates/times when we're ready for the upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so the forum upgrade didn't happen, obviously. LOL. I had a lot more bills this month than expected, so the upgrade purchase was put on hold for the time being.

However, if any of you would like to contribute to the forum upgrade, I've put a ChipIn widget on the home page (upper left side) where you can contribute via PayPal. We will, of course, recognize all those who contribute and thank you profusely.

The new software has some great new features that I'm looking forward to playing around with once we purchase the upgrade. I'm going to do a trial of the new software in the next week and I'll post a list of some of the cooler things here after I do.

-Mufn

• 4 weeks later...

An update on the forum upgrade...

One of the new features is the ability to login via your Facebook account. Obviously, this won't affect those of you without Facebook accounts. You can login like you normally do. However, I posted a poll on our FB page asking if would make people more likely to post on our forums if they had to the option to login via Facebook. So far, it looks like a big yes. So, the new forum upgrade could potentially liven up the forums quite a bit.

So far, four people have contributed to our forum upgrade. Thanks! I will be putting together a special thank you page for them. If you can spare a few dollars and would like to chip in, there is a ChipIn widget near the top of the homepage where you can contribute via PayPal.

I expect the forum upgrade will happen around end of March/early April. I am following the development of version 5 of the software and will soon make a decision whether to intermediately upgrade to 4 and then upgrade to 5 when it looks ready or whether to just go with version 5. The upgrade purchase entitles HNet to both versions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am planning the forum upgrade for this Sunday, April 14th, at midnight Pacific. The site shouldn't be down more than a few hours.

I won't be upgrading to the latest version (5), as there are still several issues with it, but I will be upgrading to the most recent version 4.

If anyone would still like to contribute to help me pay for the upgrade, you can do so here: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/9SHfc

Ok, forum software upgrade has been purchased. Found a $25 off coupon too. Yay! Still, it was pricey. Fortunately, though, I don't think I'll have to purchase another upgrade for quite some time.

Thanks to all who've contributed. I'll put the thank you page up when I do the forum upgrade.

Of course, if you haven't already donated and would like to, please feel free.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/9SHfc

With the upgrade will come a change to the look of the forums. I'll try my best to make the changes minimal, but you will definitely see some difference.

The forum upgrade is complete. Now, there's just the matter of tweaking the colors a bit more, as some backgrounds are white, making the text unreadable. I will get to that later today. Right now, however, I'm going to bed, as I pulled an all-nighter on this.

If you encounter any bugs other than something to do with the colors/layout of the site (i.e. posting, logging in, PMing, etc), please PM or email me.