My Horse <3

RebelDukeSwaim

I gots myself a horse! Well sorta....I'm kinda sorta leasing him! He is a 5 year old Thoroughbred gelding. He's an ex-racehorse............in 6 races he never finished better than 8th but i love him anyway. His full name is Irish Eagle....I call him Eagle...but I might start calling hium Red...it fits him.

I think he might be kin to Maudine.....he's a bit of a brat. He blows his self up when you tighten the girth, he has tried to lay down when i tighten the girth, once while I was riding him, and he likes to take me under tree branches.

He didn't get the love and attention he deserves when he was at his owners house. But now he gets hugs and kisses all the time. One day i might get to call him my very own!! <3 :D8-)

(Tried to upload large pic but photobucket won't work fer me right now :()

post-6533-143050814723_thumb.jpg

It sounds like you did well to get an ex-racehorse. I see he's had problems with his breathing and sore shins in the past - is he OK now?

His full name is Irish Eagle....I call him Eagle...but I might start calling him Red...it fits him.

Why are you leaving the "Irish" out? Calling him "Red" may not be a good idea as his old stablemate was "Spitfire Red" - you wouldn't want to confuse your new horse would you? ;)

It sounds like you did well to get an ex-racehorse. I see he's had problems with his breathing and sore shins in the past - is he OK now?

Why are you leaving the "Irish" out? Calling him "Red" may not be a good idea as his old stablemate was "Spitfire Red" - you wouldn't want to confuse your new horse would you? ;)

He is doing great now. :) in case you found more info on him than i did....where did you find your info?

I leave Irish out just cuz its to long to call him and i just like Eagle better.

He is doing great now. :) in case you found more info on him than i did....where did you find your info?

I found a blog by the trainer. It's got pictures, videos, and some information. You can see it here.

I leave Irish out just cuz its to long to call him and i just like Eagle better.

I was only asking because the people where I live might not like you leaving the "Irish" out ;). People get quite creative with horse names; I think one of my favorites is "Hoof Hearted". If you don't get the joke,

a short piece of commentary that should make it clear.