Mighty Oak

Valerie Strate

"LOOK OUT!!" Ian yelled as he ran down the courthouse steps and across the square. He dove at the brunette woman, the two of them rolling down the front porch steps just as the lightening struck the big oak tree with the orange X on it. It split in two, one half of the thick trunk came crashing down, taking out Chance's porch with it as it fell.

Ian lifted his head and looked over his shoulder, watching as the big funnel cloud dropped down from the sky. The tornado came barrelling towards both of them, tossing cars like toys, blowing out windows and swirling debris around like leaves. Ian watched it coming closer and swallowed hard.

"Oh my God! We've got to get out of here!" He got to his feet and grabbed the young woman by the arm pulling her up. The wind blew so strong it almost shoved them both back down. The two of them headed toward the bank as fast as they could.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile...

About an hour earlier, Vicki had left Boss & Lulu's house to head back to Chickasaw County. But something in the back of her mind was telling her to get back to Hazzard. Something didn't seem right when the redhead left.

"There's rain on the way, honey," said Lulu into the CB mike then added, "Maybe you should stay here for a while."

"I can't Lulu," said Vicki hestiantly then added, "I have business that I need to attend to in Chickasaw. I only came here when you told me what JD was planning to do to that tree."

"You can't run out now, there's a thunderstorm on the way," said Bo into the CB mike. He was overhearing Lulu's & Vicki's conversation.

Thunder rumbled overhead outside Vicki's mustang.

"Bo, I'm only about 30 minutes out of town. I'm close to my parent's old place. Maybe I'll stay there until the thunderstorm passes over," Vicki said into the CB mike.

"Just be careful, honey. If you're heading this away be sure to call me," Bo said into the CB mike. "Luke & I are heading towards the Courthouse."

"Don't worry, Bo. I will," Vicki said worriedly into the CB mike.

She was noticing that the sky was turning a dark churning gray color. She also saw that erratic raindrops were starting to come down in a downpour.

The wind started to howl. Crackling and snarling in a fit of a temper, it threw all manner of objects towards her: limbs of trees, sheets of corrugated metal that could have come from a moonshine still or something from miles away.

"Oh...my...gosh!" Vicki screamed as she slamed on the brakes.

**CUE WHOEVER IS READY TO ADD** :wink:

Ian heard the tornado tearing through the square as he and the brunette woman ran. He risked a peek over his shoudler at the destruction behind him, seeing the bits of torn up houses and broken glass litering the street behind him as they made it to the bank. The doors were locked and he pounded on them with his fist.

"Open up!"

Finally a young woman cracked open the door.

"Dang fools out in a tornado! Get in here!"

She pulled both of them inside and slammed the door closed once more.

**NOTE: Hi, y'all. I'm going to add now while I can. This is the only time that I will be on-line until sometime Tomorrow. This won't be much, but just enough. This story reminds me of the tornado movie that had John in it. It's really good so far! Take Care & Have a Great Night.** :)

BALLADEER: "This doesn't look too good, does it y'all?? Let's see what is going on just outside of Hazzard..."

From WHOGG radio: "The National Weather Service in Atlanta has issued a Tornado Warning effective this afternoon for Hazzard County in Northern Georgia. A Tornado on the Ground has been sighted about 1 mile south of Hazzard heading northeast at 30m.p.h.. The town of Hazzard is in the path of this damaging tornado. Straight-line 90m.p.h. winds with severe damage has been reported in Chickasaw in the last hour. Please go to the lowest level in a facility or a basement or safe room for safety. We'll keep you advised..."

"Yeah, yeah. I know all about it," muttered Vicki worriedly as she watched the rolling ominous clouds in front of her.

Just outside of Hazzard Town Limits, "Oh...my...gosh! That funnel cloud in front of me is trying to dip down!" Vicki exclaimed as she slammed on the brakes in her mustang as she saw a black funnel cloud trying to dip down in front of her.

She knew that it was a tornado because of the funny roaring that it made like a freight train.

She knew that she had to stay behind it to stay out of its path.

"Oh...please Lord, please let everyone be all right..." thought the redhead as she was driving slowly towards Hazzard.

**CUE: WHOEVER WANTS TO ADD** :wink:

Meanwhile out on Mill Pawn Road O'l Bo and Luke was trying to get to the Farm before the Storm hits but unfortunetly i don't think the boys is gonna make it meanwhile Luke was trying to relax after Bo had told him their ain't nothing to worry about unfortunetly Luke hasn't been through something like this before so he is scared out of his wits Bo looked over at Luke who has this horror Look on his face he put a hand on Luke's shoulder he said " it's okay Luke were going to make it home in time if we don't will find shelter somewhere, Luke replied " Bo I don't know what to do I'm scared to death I don't want to die . Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse the wind started to pick up started shaking the General around like a toy where it was gonna land how it's gonna land is anybody guess will this be the Boys last ride or will the General land back on all fours so a few minutes later the Tornado turns the General upside down the boys faces are white as ghosts then the General lands sorry to say it lands with the hood on the ground and the wheels are in the air. For Anybody to add

Cully had seen the lightening split the big oak tree in half and he ran like hell to avoid being hit by the side of tree that ended up taking out Dr. Walker's porch. He headed straight for the post office,,jumping through the already broken window, breaking a few more pieces of glass and crashing to the floor.

"AAAHHH!!!" Miz Tizdale screamed, having watched the man come flying through the window from where she was cowered in the back room of the post office. Cully instinctively curled himself up on the floor, covering his head, figuring something was flying through the window after him, thus the woman's scream. But nothing came in after him and he uncurled and looked to see where the scream had come from.

"Rosco Coltrane! What are you doin' jumpin' through my windows!"

Cully couldn't help but chuckled as he crawled to the doorway leading to the back room of the post office. "I ain't Rosco," Cully said. Emma was about to protest when he held his hand up. "I know, I know, I look like him. I'm his cousin, and he claims he's the better lookin' of the two of us. My name is Cully Dawson and I picked a rotten day to come to Hazzard to visit my kin." He looked at the postmistress for a moment. "Are you okay, ma'am?"

"I'll be better when the storm is over!"

"I think we all will be..." Cully ventured a look back to the broken windows and then turned to Miz Tizdale again. He took a moment to brush any glass and debris out of his hair, his hat having long since been lost with the strong gusts of wind.

"Damn, another hat lost..." he muttered. When he brought his right hand up to brush through the right side of his head, Miz Tizdale gasped.

He looked at her. "Your arm," she said.

Cully looked at his arm. Yep, he was wounded. The piece of glass from the window he took out in turn took out the sleeve of his denim jacket, his shirt and left a good gash on his arm, that was now bleeding through his shirt and jacket.

"Well," he said, not surprised. "Ain't the first time...."

Daney watched Ian and Min run. She turned to stroll over to Doc’s house. A dark haired man bumped into her. “Nate!†She gasped in surprise. “What are you doin' here in Hazzard?†Green brown hazel eyes stared into the light green eyes.

His attire of silk shirt and jeans clung tightly to a muscular six-foot frame. “I signed papers to turn the music store into my new law office.â€

“That's nice," Daney commented.

“You want a tour?†He asked.

“Right now? There was just a tornado and another one could hit,†Daney paused. “I really should go check on folks.â€

“You could check on me first,†He smiled.

Daney felt uncomfortable.

“C’mon,†Nate urged. "It’ll just take a few minutes."

“I don’t know,†Daney hesitated. She really should be searching her kin, friends/accquiatnaces like Chance and Val.

Nate’s response was to plant a kiss on her mouth. "Say you will," he whispered.

“I need to make sure my cousins and friends are ok.†She hurried away.

When she reached Doc Walker’s house, a frown came to her lips as she saw the damage to Chance’s property. “Poor C, lost her porch.†Realizing that she couldn’t exactly use the front door to go in and see how the Doc was, she took a hazardous path to the back door.

(Cue Chance)

Meanwhile in the basement of the courthouse down near the jail cells...

Val was curled in a ball with the pet carrier next to her. She could hear the winds whistle and blow, the thunder clapping, the rain beating down on the courthouse walls. She murmered to herself a prayer that all would be safe and this storm would soon pass.

Soon the sounds of the storm settled and a calm was heard. The Game Warden along with all of those who feld to the courthouse, stood up, out of their balled positions. Val walked to the steps and to the door leading up into the halls of the courthouse. She placed her hand on the door knob to turn it, and the ball fell off in her hand. She then pushed on the door and it was jammed shut.

She paled as she looked at the knob in her hand and then the door. All who were with her were trapped. She swallowed hard. Her day was not going well. First the oldest tree in Hazzard was suppose to be cut down, then a storm comes and prevents her from doing her duties, and now she was trapped in the courthouse basement. She bit her lower lip and the door knob slowly rolled out of her palm and dropped to the steps.

"Yeah, Val... today, just ain't it for ya, is it..." she whispered to herself.

BALLADEER: "Things don't look too good for anyone, does it??"

Meanwhile, just outside of Hazzard...

As the twister goes back up in the wall cloud just north of her,

Vicki emerged out of her parent's old storm cellar.

She look around the property, and everything seemed okay & unhurt. It also seemed too peaceful, which is very unusual for this time of year.

Luckily, her parents were out in Oklahoma at Vicki's sisters' house, and they didn't know that a tornado had hit. Vicki had tried the phone inside the house, but the phone line was dead.

*Vicki's mom & dad had moved back to Oklahoma a couple of years earlier to help Pam run her horse ranch, and a friend of Vicki's from Oklahoma had moved into the old house to run an clinic in Chickasaw. At the time, Vicki couldn't afford to take over payment on the house. So when Sarah had moved back to Texas about a year ago, Vicki had told her parents that she would keep an eye on things and to take care of the house. She had moved back into the house, despite her working in Chickasaw County.*

Vicki started to get worried as she looked around. *I've got to get a hold of everyone to tell them that another tornado is heading towards town* thought the redhead.

She then walked out of the house to survey the area for any damage. Vicki looked around until she walked to where her car was parked inside her dad's barn. She was going to try again on the CB to tell everyone about the twister.

As Vicki walked towards her car, she gasped in shock when she saw 2 huge tree limbs just sitting on top of her trunk of her car. *This is weird...* thought Vicki as she was moving the tree limbs off the car then added, *We don't have any trees in the yard. Where did they come from??*

Vicki looked up and saw another black-grayish cloud overhead. *Oh...no! Another wall cloud!* thought Vicki worriedly. She also saw that a small funnel was trying to dip down just north of her in the direction of Hazzard...

Vicki rushed over to her battered-tornado damaged mustang and picked up the CB mike. She turned the CB receiver onto the Hazzard County Emergency Channel.

"If anyone on Hazzardnet is listening, This is Chickasaw Redhead calling from my parents old house on Old Mill Road. There is another twister heading towards Hazzard! Y'all get out of the way of it and be careful! I'm gone!"

**CUE: WHOEVER WANTS TO ADD** :wink:

Meanwhile back at On Mill Pawn Road luckliy Bo didn't get hurt as bad as Luke did unfortunetly Luke had hit his head hard on the Rollbar when the General landed upside down he is still out like a light he has a cut on his forehead , he has two brusies on the end of his eyebrows and some broken ribs. The only injuries that Bo got out of the accident is a Sore Shoulder, strained wrist , and a twisted ankle hopfully someone will come by soon meanwhile back in the General Luke is trying to wake up but he keeps falling back to a deep sleep unfortunetly Luke is having some blood loss The boys are in bad shape with another twister heading this way unfortunetly with the way Luke's injuries are Bo may end up living the rest of his life with Regret that he couldn't save his beloved Cousin.

For Anybod to Add****

With the storm passed, momentarily, Cully had crawled out of the post office window again, figuring to find something to wrap his arm with temporarily. As he walked down the debris littered street toward the courthouse, he saw a man in a dark grey trench coat, standing over someone else who was fallen upon the stairs. Cully saw the blue shirt and knew immediately who it was...

"Hey! HEY!!!!!" Cully started running toward the courthouse.

Cully saw the man slip into the courthouse and didn't bother going in after him. Either the man hadn't been the one to put Rosco on the ground, or he had no clue he just ran into the county courthouse in his flight. Cully mentally shrugged it off and stopped to check on Rosco first.

If Rosco was wounded in anyway it wasn't immediately noticeable. There appeared to be no cuts or abrasions on his face or head but that didn't mean some other part of him took a direct hit. "Ain't we two peas in a pod..." Cully whispered softly, looking at Rosco as he lay unconcious on the stairs. "Rosco? Rosco, can you hear me? Are you awright?'

The Sheriff didn't stir.

"$#@&!" Cully looked up around the square to see if his car was still intact. Although it was still where he had parked it, it had taken a direct hit from flying debris, destoying the windshield. It would have to do....

Cully's arm was really hurting him by this point, but he ignored it and ran across the street to the square. A large tree limb was impaled in the windshield, like a stick in an eye. He grabbed the limb and pulled it out of the windshield, sprinkling glass across the hood.

The square was disturbingly still. Although the sky was still grey and the winds had died down, Cully didn't trust it. He knew this kind of weather. He knew his time was limited. Another twister could pop up at any time.

Miz Tizdale had ventured out of the post office and a few other citizens had begun to emerge from buildings. Cully worked to brush the glass off the seats of his car and removed what he could of the rest of the windshield before he moved the Grand Prix over to the courthouse.

He came back to Rosco's side and took a deep breath, trying to figure how to pick up his cousin into a carry without hurting Rosco and himself any more than they already were. He decided he was going to have to continue to ignore the awful pain that was shooting from his arm and use it for what it was worth.

Cully slipped his injured arm underneath Rosco's head and neck and placed Rosco's left arm around his shoulders and then lifted the Sheriff into a sitting position. It was then that Rosco came to life.

"AAHHH!"

Startled, Cully stopped what he was doing and gently laid Rosco back down upon the stairs. "Rosco? Where ya hurt?"

The Sheriff opened his eyes and looked at Cully. "Cully??"

Cully smiled. "Yeah."

"I dunno what happened," Rosco said. "But I got hit right here..." Rosco pointed to the right side of his ribs. "I think I scuffed somethin'..."

"Do you think you can stand up and get to a car?"

Rosco looked unsure. "Prolly hurt a lot..."

"Yeah...but I don't think you can wait here for a doctor, Rosco. And frankly I can't either."

"What do you mean?"

"The arm your laying on I damn near ripped off going through a window."

Rosco grin was weak. "Yer...a stunt man. You ain't supposed...to git hurt."

"Ha. I'll tell ya all my war stories later. For now tho'...." Cully pulled Rosco back up to sitting again, the Sheriff groaning in pain. Cully paused a moment, giving Rosco a chance to recover.

"Why didn't you tell me you were gonna do that?" Rosco asked.

"I didn't think it would matter. Awright, on three yer gonna stand up...one....two....three!" Cully balanced Rosco and the two cousins stood up. Rosco lurched a little and Cully held on, but it was clear Rosco was hurtin'. Bad.

"Awright..just gotta make it down to the car there." It was a slow walk down the remainder of the stairs and across the sidewalk to the Grand Prix. While Cully took a moment to open the passenger door, Rosco looked at the battered Pontiac.

"I feel the way your car looks."

"That makes two of us..." Cully helped Rosco get into the car and once he was settled into the seat, Cully shut the door and hurried around to the driver's side. He fired the Grand Prix up and drove out of the square.

Meanwhile, out at the Duke farm, Jesse was becoming worried. No matter how much he called for his kin on the CB, he was getting no answer. And the more minutes that passed that he received no answer, the more time his big toe had to really start hurting.

"Shepherd to Lost Sheep and Bo Peep!"

The silence bothered him. But he could only hope that the boys and Daisy had found shelter before the storm hit. He more than hoped....he prayed....

At the same time, on Mill Pond Road, Deputy Cletus Hogg was trying to hurry to get back to town. He had seen the twister touch down in the direction of Hazzard as he was doing his patrol and he had hung back purposely to not get too close to it. He hoped that the funnel had not touched down too close to town, but as he turned the corner he realized very quickly he was wrong.

Seeing the General Lee overturned caused Cletus to slam the brakes. "Buzzards on a buzz saw!!!" The deputy lept from his patrol car and ran to the Charger. He found the boys inside, Luke unconcious, but Bo was awake.

"Cletus!"

"You awright, Bo?"

"I think I busted my shoulder. Luke's worse for wear tho'." Bo looked over at his cousin.

"Sit tight," Cletus said, "I'm gonna see if I can get Tri-County on the radio."

Bo nodded and Cletus ran back to his patrol car. He leaned in, grabbed the mike and started his call. "This is Deputy Cletus Hogg callin' the Tri-County Hospital. I've got an overturned vehicle on Mill Pond Road, two injured."

The hospital responed with acknowledgment and rescue units would be in route from Cedar City. Cletus thanked them and tossed the mike back in the car, going back to the General.

"Ambulance is coming, Bo. Y'all are gonna be awright..."

(I have recieved permission to use Nate Irving)

Val watched the door knob roll down the steps. It made

a thud noise as it hit each step on the way down. She

leaned against the door. After pounding on it for a

good fifteen minutes and not a soul had answered her.

Feelings of dispare started to fill her mind. Was this

storm so awful that it wiped out the entire Hazzard

population? She felt her eyes moisten. Some type of

dread was starting to cluster in her gut as she waited

for a rescue.

She let out a sigh as her finger tips touched the

flaking white paint of the door. "Would someone please

rescue me?" she whinned in a retorcal manner.

Nate heard the low voice of a young woman as he walked

down the hall that lead to the basement. A frown

crossed his face seeing the door knob on the floor. He

picked it up and walked to the door. "Hello, is

anywhere on the other side." He said after a soft

knock.

Val's eyes widened and she sat up look at the door,

"Um, Yes... I need help. It's Val..." She didn't

reconize the voice on the other side but at least it

was someone.

"Ok, Val. Do you happen to see where the other half of

the door knob is?" He asked. Nate figured it was

better than trying to get the hinges off with a knife.

She paled. The knob was now at the base of the steps.

She stood up and answered the person on the other

side, "It's at the base of the steps. I dropped it

when I tried to open the door. Hang on a sec..."

She then walked down the steps to find the door knob

lying on the concrete floor. She picked it up and

rushed back up the steps to the door, "I got it! Now

what?"

"Place it back where it belongs," Nate suggested

politely. He put the other half of the knob in its

slot.

Val placed the knob back in the hole of the door and

held it there gently so it could turn, "Ok... it's

in."

Nate slowly turned the knob until he heard the metal

rod that held the two pieces together lock in place.

He stepped away from the door. "Try turning it now,

Val." He said gently.

She gently turned the knob and gently pushed the door

open. She there stood before a gentleman who looked

slightly younger than herself. She smiled at him with

relife, "Thank you... I don't believe we've met. I'm

Val Strate the County Game Warden."

She then offered her hand in a shake to him.

“Your welcome, Miss Strate." Nate took her hand in

both of his and brought it up to his lips. He planted

a small, innocent kiss on her hand and let go of it.

"The name is Nate Irving. I'm a defense attorney." He

smiled at the older woman and put his hands in his

pockets. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I think so... I went to the basement for

shelter. The next thing I know I can't get out after

it's over... Um, how is it outside?" she asked grimly.

"Well, why don't we go take a look." Nate removed one

of his hands from a pocket and offered it to her.

"Oh! Thanks..." She replied and took his arm and

walked down the hallway to the courthouse doors. She

could see that the courthouse was pretty well

intacted, what awaited her outside was another matter.

They went out the doors to see the town square a wreck

before them.

Val stepped down the steps to see the Mighty Oak she

wished to help save along with the town had been

destoryed. It now rested on the smashed porch of the

good Doctor Chance Walker.

A cocktail of emotions flooded her mind. She could see

trees and devistation around her but the thing that

was burning in her focus was the Mighty Oak.

Nate slipped his hand out of hers and wrapped his arm

around her neck and pulled her close in a hug. Light

green eyes held sadness, as Val's head came to rest on

his shoulder. He reached his other hand up and wiped

her teary grey eyes.

She broke at the man's guesture of kindness. She

sobbed softly into his shoulder, "It's gone... It's

gone..." Some how the light in her eyes was dwilling

and her hopes were crushed at the sight. If she didn't

lose her battle to Mr. Hogg and the industrial

likeness of mankind, she would loss it to mother

nature. She couldn't fight fate. This realization

formed a lump in the Strate's throat as she sobbed to

this stranger.

Nate ran one hand along her cheek and into her

brunette hair. His other hand rubbed the back of her

neck. He knew there was nothing he could say to make

Val feel better. He placed his chin on top of her head

and sighed. He silently thanked God that so far it was

just trees, buildings and cars that had been lost, not

human beings.

Val looked into his eyes and seen the caring look in

which she needed right now. At that moment she

embraced the stranger in a hug a whisper gently in his

ear, "Thank you..."

Meanwhile back on Mill Pond Road Luke was still out like a dead fish he wasn't moving or making a peep for that matter Bo was getting more and more worried by the minute Bo started wondering if those rescue units would be arriving soon so he asked Cletus if they would be here soon Cletus said " Bo their coming from Cedar City so it will probably be another 15 minutes before they get here sorry boys, Bo replied " It's alright Cletus but could you help me out so them people won't have trouble getting me out of the General that way they can concentrate on Luke who needs more medical attention then I do. So Cletus pulled Bo out of the General being very careful as to not hit his sore Shoulder finally Bo was standing outside of the General waiting for the Ambulance and those Rescue units to show up they better get here quick before Luke gets any worse. Luckliy about 20 minutes later they Ambulance and they rescue units show up one of the Ambulance attendents asked what happenend here Bo replied " Well you see my Cousin Luke and I was driving back to our Farm when this Twister came along turned are Car upside down my Cousin Luke is still trapped inside the Car he has some pretty bad injuries I think he may have fractured his Neck some also he is bleeding , his breathing is a little shallow so I think he may have broken some ribs he looks like he suffered some blood loss , and he is unconicious he hasn't come around yet. Then the Nurse relayed on the news about Luke's condition to the man who is the head of the Ambulance attendents he said " Okay lets get that boy over to the Hospital , so then some of the Ambulance , rescue unit people walked over to the General one of the Ambulance people unfortunetly had to break one of the Generals windows to get Luke out then Dr. Shawn Winters asked Sharon to go get a strecher , Neck Brace, so she went over she got the Strecher a neck brace then they slowly put Luke on the Strecher then gently moved his neck in order put it in the neck brace one of them said " This Boy is in pretty bad shape , before they loaded him into the back of the ambulance one of them wanted to check his blood pressure so they did when they saw it was low the man said " I want an IV started on him he is in low level shock he probably has a Concussion on account he has some brusies on his forehead he has a 15 percent chance of falling into a Coma.

Once Luke was placed in the ambulance and on his way to the hospital, Cletus and Bo followed in Cletus's patrol car.

"Can I use your radio Cletus? I'm gonna call Uncle Jesse."

"Yeah, sure."

Bo picked up the mike and changed to the channel to the one the Dukes used. "Lost Sheep callin' Shepherd, Lost Sheep callin' Shepherd are you out there Uncle Jesse?"

"I'm here Bo. Where are you, are you awright??"

"Not completely. Me and Luke got caught in the twister and it overturned the General. Luke's hurt pretty bad. I'm with Cletus right now, we're following the ambulance to Tri-County."

"Awright, I'll meet you there. Have you heard from Daisy?"

"No, sir. Last I knew tho' she was in town. I'm sure she's awright."

"I sure hope so, Bo. The phone lines are down so I can't call into town."

Cletus gestured to Bo for him to hand him the mike. Bo did. "If you want Uncle Jesse," Cletus said, "I can radio to Rosco and Enos have them find Daisy and let her know what's going on."

"I'd appreciate that, Cletus. Bo, I'll see you at Tri-County."

Cletus handed the mike back to Bo. "Ten four, Uncle Jesse." Bo changed the channel back to the police frequency and handed the mike to Cletus.

"Deputy Cletus Hogg callin' Sheriff Rosco, come back."

The radio was quiet. Cletus glanced at Bo, not liking the quiet...

Cletus repeated his calls for Rosco or Enos.

"Enos, you got your ears on?"

Back in town, Miz Tizdale was standing near what had once been Rosco's patrol car. The white Fury had been picked up and thrown like a marshmellow against the trunk of a tree, wrapping the passenger door around the tree. The tree still stood amazingly, but the car was totalled. However, the radio still squawked.

"Enos! Enos, it's Cletus on the radio!!"

Deputy Enos Strate had been surveying the damage in the square and heard Miz Tizdale hollar for him. He hurried over to the car and reached through the driver window and grabbed the radio mike.

"This is Enos. Where are you Cletus?"

Cletus explained his situation and asked Enos to find Daisy and let her know what was going on.

"Okay, Cletus, I'll let her know. Hey, Cletus, have you seen or heard from Sheriff Rosco?"

"Naw I ain't. He's not in town?"

"No. Thing is tho', he was here before the storm hit..."

There was a pause. "Enos, you ain't thinkin' he got picked up by the storm do ya?"

"You know you can't predict what will happen with a twister---"

"No, Enos!" Miz Tizdale said. "Rosco was laying on the stairs of the courthouse. I seen 'em! That man that looks like him, helped him to a car and they drove away."

Bo and Cletus had heard Miz Tizdale through the radio. "Man that looks like him?" Bo wondered.

Enos said the same thing.

"Spittin' image," Miz Tizdale said. "I thought it was Rosco that came crashing through my post office window but it was this fella. He cut his arm. Rosco looked pretty badly hurt too."

"You know this fellas name?" Enos asked.

"Cully....something. Said he was kin."

Enos looked at the radio mike. "Did you hear all that Cletus?"

"Yeah. I didn't know the Sheriff had any identical kin."

"I didn't either," Enos said. "But it sounds like Sheriff Rosco's on his way to the same place y'all are."

Enos ended his conversation with Cletus, then turned to Ms. Tizdale, "I guess we gotta find Daisy now. I'd also like to find where my sister is at. I haven't talked to her all day."

"Enos, ya don't have to look far..." Ms. Tizdale replied and pointed to a man and woman that were holding each other by the Doctor's office.

He recongized the woman imedately, but the man looked strange to him. When he seen the two embrace he quickly raced over to the spot and shouted to his sister, "Val! Val!"

Valerie looked up and seen her brother runing to them and calling her name. She gently let go of Nate and looked to Enos, "Enos!"

The brother and sister quickly hugged each other then regrouped with Nate to evaluate the situation. Ms Tizdale had joined them.

"I've been worried sick about ya! I called your office before the storm started and there was no answer! Where have been?" Enos asked her.

"I went to the basement of the courthouse. But I got stuck down there and that's when this kind gentleman let me out. Enos, this is Nate Irving. Nate this is my twin brother Enos." Val explained.

Enos shook Nate's hand and grinned at the man, "Thank you for saving my sister."

"Well, that's great that we're all here and safe. But we're forgettin' someone!" Ms Tizdale sqawked.

"Who? Oh! How are the Dukes? And where's Rosco? How's Boss?" Val asked in a frantic tone.

"Jesse Duke is fine he's back at his place. The boys are going to Tri-County along with the Sheriff. Seems they were all hurt in the storm Val." Enos replied with a serious face.

"Bad?" his sister asked.

"I don't know."

"Daisy?!" Val asked again.

Enos's face frowned when his sister asked the question, "We haven't found her yet. So we..."

"Don't know.... Oh, 'E' I'm sorry." His sister replied and gave him a quick hug.

"Well, folks lets quit lolly gagin' and start lookin' for Miss Daisy!" Ms. Tizdale comanded, "Through rain, sleet, or snow... no one stops the US postal service!"

(cue whoever)

Ian opened the bank door and peeked outside, seeing that things had calmed down for now. He walked down the steps with Min following close behind him.

"Everything over with?"

"For now anyway." Ian answered as he spotted the gang of people in front of the Courthouse, they looked a bit frantic and the couple went over to them.

"What's going on?"

"Daisy, we dont know where Daisy is!" Enos answered, his voice climbing higher in pitch as he wrung his hands together nervously.

Ian put a hand on Enos' shoulder. "Now just calm down, lets look at this logically. If she was in the courthouse or some place else in town that survived the twister we would have heard from her by now."

"But what if shes NOT someplace that survived the twister--" Min whispered as she looked across the square at the flattened remains of

Doctor Walker's front porch. "What if she went inside the house?"

"Oh no--" Ian and Min both ran across the square over to the doctor's house, seeing the huge half of the tree.

"We can't move this thing its too big. Let's try the back to get inside."

They both ran around the back of the house and tried the door but it was locked.

"Daisy! Daisy are you in there?"

"Here let me see what I can do." Nate suddenly appeared behind Min and Ian, they both backed off from the door and watched as he gathered up the back of his leather trenchcoat and kicked at the back door, the wood splintering. He did it again and the door burst open, the three wasted no time and went inside.

The house was a wreck, shelves and furniture knocked over, books and knick knacks littered the floor. Finally Ian spotted a supine figure on the floor of the living room.

"Daisy!" Min too saw the dark haired figure and went over to her cousin, rolling her over onto her back. "She's unconscious."

"Here let me get her." Nate squatted down and put one hand under Daisy's neck, the other under her knees and lifted her up, cradling her against his chest.

"Come on let's get out of here." Nate carried Daisy outside with Ian and Min following him.

"We can take Darlin' its parked on the next street over."

The three people walked over to the next block, spotting Min's cherry red 1966 Mustang. She pulled the keys from her pocket and unlocked the doors.

"Nate just lay Daisy out on the back seat."

"Dont worry about your cousin Min, I'll take care of her." Nate said with a smile as he carefully climbed into the backseat.

Ian pushed the passenger seat back down and got into the car. "Tri County is the closest, we'll take her there."

"Right." Min started up her mustang and headed out of the square. She picked up the CB mike and turned it to the channel the Dukes used.

"Li'l Darlin' calling Shepherd, do you read me Shepherd?"

"I hear ya Darlin', Min are you all right?"

"I'm fine Uncle Jesse but Daisy's not. She was in the doc's house when the tree hit it, I dont know how bad she's hurt but we're taking her to Tri County right now."

"She won't be the only Duke there Min, Bo and Luke are on their way too."

Min's heart froze in her chest. "Are they all right?"

"The General got rolled, they're hurt pretty good but alive."

"Thank God for that, I'll meet you there Shepherd, Darlin' out."

BALLADEER: "Things couldn't get any worse y'all, could it? Let's see what is going on elsewhere around the county..."

Meanwhile...

After surveying her property for damages from the 2nd devastating tornado, Vicki sighs loudly as she looks at the demolished barn.

This barn was built by her father after they had moved to Hazzard when Vicki was 16 years old. That was nearly 10 years ago.

This was once an hideout for Vicki when she was a wild teenager who would sometimes hid Bo & Luke out from Rosco on occasion.

Closing her eyes, fighting back a tear as she remembered her past, Vicki takes a deep breath as she looks at the barn. In the middle of the barn, Vicki glares wide-eyed at the remains of a huge tree. *This is just like a nightmare. It couldn't get much worse...* thought Vicki as she shivered.

Walking back over to her tree-damaged black mustang, Vicki got into her car and turned the iginition. The car started right up. Taking a deep breath, Vicki turned on the radio.

There was only static on the Hazzard station, so she turned it onto the Chickasaw country music radio station, CHIX radio.

As soon as Vicki turned on the radio to the Chickasaw station, a weather bulletin came on:

"ATTENTION! The national weather service in Atlanta has issued a Tornado Warning effective immediately for Northern Hazzard County in Northern Georgia. At 3p.m., a 2nd F-3 tornado on the ground was approximately 7 miles north of Hazzard moving northeast at 30m.p.h. Capital City and Finchburg County in southeastn Tennessee is in the path of this storm.

Severe damage from an F-3 tornado has been reported in Hazzard by the Georgia State Police Department. We'll keep you advised..."

"An F-3 Tornado," laughed Vicki hysterically as she looked at the demolished barn then added, "You've got to be kidding. This is a lot worse than a F-3 tornado. Luckily it missed my house."

"And the farm too, Vicki," replied Jesse worriedly as he walked into the redhead's front yard then added, "But we're lucky compared to what happened to the rest of the family. Can you give me a ride to Tri-County Hospital and I'll tell you what happened along the way from what I found out..."

Vicki smiled at Jesse, but was in severe shock. She knew that something bad has happened. "Of course. Tell me that it didn't get any worse," replied the redhead worriedly as she watched Jesse get into the front seat of her black mustang.

"I wish that I could tell you that, honey," said Jesse worriedly.

"Why don't you tell me now what happened, Jesse," said Vicki as she turned onto the highway that led towards Capital City.

"Well...since you're driving, honey. I'm not going to tell you much, except that Bo and Luke were found unconscious in a ditch less than a mile from your house. And according to Daisy, the General got a little banged up rolling on its side," Jesse said, placing a hand on Vicki's shoulder. Looking at the shocked expression on the redhead's face he added, "Will you be all right, honey? I know that you and Bo had some difficulties lately, but I do know that Bo cared about you to try to beat the tornado enough to protect you from it."

Hiding a tear, Vicki smiled at Jesse. "I'll be all right, when we're at the hospital with everyone that was brought in."

As Vicki continued to drive towards Tr-County Medical Center, All she could see in front of her was a wall cloud.

BALLADEER: "It looks like some people might have been lucky, but is everyone else lucky too? Let's take a look..." :-?

**CUE: WHOEVER WANTS TO ADD** :)

"The National Weather Service in Atlanta has an update for the Tornado warning issued earlier. Apparently the storm has dissipated and no more tornadoes are expected for Northern Hazzard County or any of the surrounding areas."

"Well thank goodness THAT'S over." Min sighed in relief as she turned off her radio and pulled up to the Tri County hospital. Uncle Jesse stood by the entrance and closed his pocket watch, his face relieved.

"Come on let's get Daisy inside and see about the boys!" He hurried up the hospital ramp as Ian, Min and Nate still holding Daisy, went inside the emergency entrance.

Back in Hazzard Square...

Val and Enos evaluated the damage done to Hazzard Square.

"I can't believe that tree is gone. Just when we go to try and save it... Mother Nature says otherwise." Val replied as she walked with Enos sifting through the debris.

"Yeah, well we never know when it's our time Val. I just hope Daisy and the boy's are alright." Enos replied.

Val looked to her brother, "I hope so too... speaking of people being alright. Have you seen the Sheriff, Mr. Hogg, Dr. Walker, Daney or Brian?"

“The Sheriff was taken to Tri-County as well by some fella that’s kind of his, named Cully. I haven’t seen hide nor hair of Mr. Hogg, Chance, Daney or Brian. I’m sorry Val.” Enos replied, “Maybe they are in her office?”

Val turned to him with widened eyes, “Do you think…?”

The brother knew what she was thinking instantly, “ I don’t know Val. We should probably go look.”

With that the twins approached the fallen oak tree and the Doctor’s Office.

“Is there a back door?” Enos asked his sister.

“I think so…” Val walked around behind the house to the back door.

(Cue whoever)