MOONSHINE RUN!

1hellraiser

Ok, Lets see how this works. Please respond with crit.

How they got caught

(spring 1977), The boys are at still site 3, with Cooter. When Jesse pulls up. “Bo, Luke you boys get ready for the run, and Cooter will go back to the garage.â€, Cooter leaves as the boys begin to box up the shine. “Hey Luke we gotta go to Marietta, then all way to mobileâ€, Bo explains. “yeah I know it’s a hard run, after were done, we’ll stay in mobile overnight and sleep, we got at least a good 7 hour driveâ€, Luke describes. The last jug is boxed, for the 30 gallon run. They walk back to the house. “You boys ready, I got a bag filled with sandwiches, 2 jugs of coffee, and, 3 packs of cigarettes for Jeb. Now Jeb, gonna run block, in his car. Daisy is loading the car, in case of trouble, take the rifle.†Jesse tells them. About an hour later, Jeb pulls up in a 1971 camaro. As he spins in the driveway, Bo, and Luke, come storming out of the house. They all exclaim, what in the hell is that? “Afternoon gentlemen, how do like it, (not giving them a chance to talk), it is a 1971 camaro, with a small block 350, 4 speed racing tranny†Jebs says excitedly. Jesse asks “where did you get that, and how did you pay for itâ€? “I, been taking runs myself, for J.D.â€, he explains, “I know his operation inside and out, his distributors, buyers, runners, sites the whole 9 yardsâ€, Jesse cuts him off, “Why in the hell, would you run for him, he don’t pay, he has cut-rate whiskey, and he is putting other moon shiners out of business, by forcing them out. HE then takes their supply, and mixes it with his, and sells it to the syndicate, my god boy, he has a file 2 inches with the ATF, not that it stuckâ€. Jeb drops his head to light a cigarette, and says “for 10% of the revenue, I average 3 or 4 local runs a night, at 3000.00 a run for him, that gives me 300.00 a run, so for 1000.00 a night, 3 nights a week not bad.â€, he announces in a greedy voice. Bo and Luke shake their head in disbelief. “Also heard tell of trouble on the road tonight, the ATF, are staking out on Copper Ridge, and they have go thru there to leave the main road to get to Huckabee’s road house in Mariettaâ€, he tells them. Bo, chimes in “How did you get this tip?â€, Jeb with a grin, “word gets aroundâ€.

Jesse is now thinking, if he tells Jeb, to stay back, he will definitely make sure that the run don’t happen, but if he goes, I can’t be sure. With Bo, just out of school, and Luke home from the war, neither of them needs to be in prison. Can’t send Daisy, because he will know there is something up, If she follows, and gets caught up, then she is gone to. Can’t alert Rosco, because he has no tolerance for bootleggers, Coy, and Vance are in Atlanta, and I have to tend the still. I have no other choice, he has to run block, I hope he don’t sell out his family. Jesse, tells Jeb, “ok, we will work this out later, but if you anything to bring this family trouble, don’t come around again†“I would never do anything to hurt my family, I’m greedy because I wanted the car, but I haven’t taken a run for hogg, in a week. I’ve been holed up in Chicopee county, next to the sheriffs office, building the car, plus Hogg is getting raided tonight. The reason I know this, is because a girl named Vicki, who is a deputy for sheriff little, she and I had been seeing each other†Jeb, tells everyone. Jesse seems appeased, then Daisy pulls around in a 1967 Chevelle, (they didn’t have the General yet), “Ok boys she’s loaded and gassed up†Daisy says as she hugs Bo and Luke goodbye. Bo, jumps in the drivers seat, tells “Jeb to stay on channel 7, and no funny stuff.†Luke gets in, and tells Bo, “I don’t trust him, a man that works for Hogg is trouble. Stay back, a bit if we get nailed, were doneâ€. “Planned to cuz, you know I been thinking, this car is a good car, but I saw a ‘69 charger at Dewey’s, we should buy it, then you drive this, and I’ll drive that, and we can split the deliveries, and we pay the farm off quickerâ€, “that’s the first good idea you’ve had in years I’m impressed, just then the cb keyed up, “ bo peep, and lost sheep, how the vocal cords?â€, “were fine, ok were coming up on Copper Ridge, Hey Jeb, were passing the ridge, no smokies, no nets. Jeb my friend you were wrong†Bo exclaims. “maybe so, lets watch it thoughâ€, Jeb grunts. Just then Jeb’s car stalls out, Bo and Luke come upon it, and pull over. As they get out of the car, Jeb walks up them, ok boys the run is over, he pulls out a gun and ATF badge, now up against the car. Bo and luck are laughing, “nice joke lets goâ€, Luke chuckles. Jeb shoots in the air “I ‘m not joking, against the carâ€. In shock they comply, as they are handcuffed and lead to the camaro, Jebs radios in for a tow truck. Bo, begs for a explanation,

“well cousin, I got tired of seeing you boys race all over, and break every driving law in the book, so I became a cop, while Luke was in, Vietnam. You see I told Jesse that I was going to Atlanta for college. Well , I went to the academy, then I pulled some strings, and I became an agent, with the intent of shutting down the whisky trade in hazzard. If your wondering, I’m not going to turn Jesse in, or Hogg. Jesse took me in as a child, and Hogg, paid for the schooling, so I owe them both. All, I owe you two, is your rightsâ€, Jeb coldly explained. As Cooter pulled up in the tow truck, Jeb made sure that Cooter wouldn’t do anything. “Davenport, see this paper here, it is the deed to the garage, the farm, and the Duke farm, any games, and it is all seizedâ€, Jeb yelled out.. Cooter had no choice. He hooked the Chevelle to the truck, and drove back to hazzard. Jeb drove his car back to the sheriffs office in hazzard. He radioed in, Rosco was standing at the curb waiting , as he pulled up. Jeb grabbed Bo, and Rosco grabbed Luke. They were led into the station house, after the prints and mug shots were taken, they were led in the cell. Bo, looks at Luke, “what are we going to do, you know that 30 gallons of liquor means 3 yrs for each of us.†“We’ll call Jesse, and see what he can do, until then we waitâ€. The morning arrives, and Hogg already called Jesse, “your boys are in my jail, the federal judge will coming later today,. It looks like Jeb, is an agent, he already took off to Atlanta to file the paperworkâ€. “oh, God JD, they are where, I’ll be down to sort this outâ€, Jesse cries out. “Don’t come into town, I have orders that Rosco, will arrest you on sight if you leave your house, Jesse I may be low down, but family becoming agents is more than I can stomach. But there is nothing I can do, because when they stopped they were over the county line, which makes it a state issue, so the boys in Atlanta are in control, which means that it is a federal matter. All I, can do is make sure they are treated fair by us.†Hogg tells him. “JD, do your best please, I’ll do anything. And tell them I love themâ€, Jesse says in a controlled sob. “all right, I’ll call you when they get transferred, I’ll send Enos, out for their suits. They’ll need them for court†Boss tells him. “Thanks JD, I’ll have them ready. By now Bo and Luke were strip searched and given jail issues. “Boys I sure hate to do this, but I got toâ€, Enos explains. “We ain’t fond of it either, just be gentle, says Boâ€. Later That afternoon, The judge had showed up. He had read the file given to him by Jeb, and decided that they were to be transferred to the Maricopa county jail to await trial. As they were led out of the station, Boss Hogg, drives by. He grabs the radio, “Jesse get to the police station, the boys are being transferred, From the look of the car it is to Atlanta, which means Maricopa county jail.†Jesse speeds off, to town and picks up Boss. Just then Rosco, coming in the other direction see Boss in Jesse’s truck. Boss, radios back “coltrane, stay out of itâ€, Rosco, drops back. “Jess, we’ve been through a lot together, and I’ll pay for the legal fees, if you’d like, all I ask is that daisy works at the boars nest to pay it back, she can keep her tips.â€, “Well JD, I’ll take you up on that offer†They pull into the parking lot of the jail. Jesse says â€I’m here to see Bo and Luke Dukeâ€, “They are being interrogated right now, they should be in their cell in an hour.†Meanwhile the federal da, comes out and greets Jesse. “Mr. Duke, I have an offer, if you promise in writing, that you will produce no more legal alcohol, I will turn them over to the authorities in Hazzardâ€. The da explains. “well sir we have been producing, since the 1700’s, but if keeps my boys from prison then ok.†Jesse shakes his hand and signs the paperwork. The boys are turned over to Boss, and Rosco. After coming back to hazzard. The boys changed into their suits, and were lead to the courthouse in shackles. The judge in hazzard has always been Boss Hogg, he started the proceedings with this, “attention the Dukes are not producing any moonshine, there fore I will, since there have no feasible income, other than the farm, and Jesse has no way to pay farmhands, I will give them each years probation, on the following conditions. They will not leave the county, without the express written permission of myself, and no firearms, if they plead guilty. If they go to trial and found guilty 3 years each on the county road crew. Bo and Luke, what is your decision†They huddled around Jesse, Bo started, “guiltyâ€, then Luke “guiltyâ€. With those words history was set, no more moonshine for the Dukes. In the meantime, the chevelle they had was kept by the ATF. As they left the courthouse Bo and Luke, were shaken knowing that they could end up in prison, on just the whim of Boss Hogg.