Go chicago bears :)

Garrett Duke

Sorry to see the Steelers lost in London, Roger. I watched some of the first hour before the NASCAR race started, and I'm still none the wiser :spin:. At least they got to sing 'God Save the Queen' after 'The Star Spangled Banner' :). Next month Wembley hosts Jacksonville Jaguars v San Francisco 49ers.

On the British coverage they only take commercial breaks every 15-20 minutes. That meant that they went back to the studio fairly frequently. One of the guys in the studio was Merril Hoge, who I'm sure is familiar to Garrett and Roger. I don't know if the US broadcast covered it, but they also showed footage from earlier this week when Ben Roethlisberger met his namesake bell, Big Ben.

999486_10151606363726263_2037968825_n.jpg

Big Ben by Big Ben. That's funny!

The Steelers are 0-4 for the first time in 45 years.....ouch.

Sorry about your Bears losing Garrett.

Sorry about bragging here but I was in three baseball fantasy leagues and finished first in two and third in the other. Since I'm doing so bad in fantasy NASCAR I have to find something to boost my self esteem.

Wow Garrett, you must be going crazy.

Did you see the final score of our fantasy football match up?

I beat you 153.84 to 153.58

For you folks who don't know how fantasy football works, the way our league is set up, the average victory is by 20-30 points. One person even got beat by 100 points a couple weeks ago (no, it wasn't me or Garrett)

In the last game Sunday (Falcons vs Patriots) Garrett's player (Roddy White of the Falcons) just missed a TD pass that would have given Garrett the win. Neither one of us have anyone playing in Monday night's game so the score is final.....although on a rare occasion they do a "stat correction" because of a technicality so there's still hope for you Garrett. Check the score in the morning just in case.

This is a classic example of why I'm giving up on fantasy sports. I was rooting for the Falcons. So half of me wanted Roddy to catch the pass and the other half didn't. It just takes the fun out of the game.

I have a favorite team in every division and the Seahawks are my favorite in that one. Unfortunately my other 7 teams are doing terrible. Both my fantasy teams are tied for first place and I just beat Garrett so things aren't all bad.

The Steelers being 0-4 for the first time in 45 years isn't good but the Pirates are leading 5-1 in the sixth inning of their first playoff game in over two decades.

Woops, I almost forgot. This is a Chicago Bears thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Know that this is a Chicago Bears thread and Adrian Peterson may not be a Bears player...but right now I believe the world of the NFL and it's fans is pretty shaken by the latest news.

Adrian's two year old son was choked and beaten last night and was found with no brain activity. His son died of his injuries as of a couple of hours ago. The man accused of beating this innocent child is the mother's 27 year old live in boyfriend.

My heart aches for that child, Adrian Peterson, and his family. Will never understand how anyone could hurt a child like that...what a sad world we live in when an innocent child is hurt this badly by someone he lives with. :( Just so horribly sad, sickening...and depressing.

My thoughts and prayers are with AP and his family during this difficult time.

• 2 months later...

Congrats MM on your Seahawks winning today!!!!!!! So, did you have a huge party to watch the game and to celebrate the win??? :banana: Will you if they make it to the Super Bowl? My football season ends when my Bear's football season ends, so needless to say, I didn't watch the game, but I was going for them for you...and well, for Kasey Kahne. He is a big Seahawks fan and I know he was excited about the game the other day when I heard him being interviewed...he said that if the Panthers beat the 49ers tomorrow and the Seahawks play the Panthers in Seattle next week that he will go to the game.

As I said my Bears are not in it so I am not watching much football...but the Panthers are my second favorite team, so I am pulling for them to win tomorrow. I am a big Cam Newton fan...their QB. I have had him as my fantasy football QB ever since he has made it pro and he has yet to let me down...LOL. Though if they do happen to lose, I will be happy for the 49ers as well. . .seeing on how they are Gordon's favorite team. LOL.

See what NASCAR's off season has led me to? Going for my driver's favorite teams...(JJ likes the Chargers and the Panthers...while Dale Jr is a HUGE Redskins fan.) :popcorn: C'mon Daytona...43 more days and counting down...

We didn't have a party, but the hubby and I had some snacks and watched the game. We're excited for the Seahawks, hoping they go all the way this year. We're rooting for the Panthers tomorrow because I can't stand the 49ers. Of the teams that are left, the only ones that I will be upset if they win the Super Bowl are the Patriots and the 49ers. LOL. I'm sort of hoping that Denver wins tomorrow and then takes out the Patriots the following week. A Denver vs. Seattle Super Bowl would be nice. :) We have one more game to win until we get there and I hope we do!

Well my Bears didn't make it this year...and my second team, the Panthers got beat out of it...as did Jeff Gordon's 49ers. So I really don't have a call in it...but my aunt is from Colorado and likes the Broncos.

And I know this isn't a NASCAR thread nor are we talking NASCAR...

Kasey Kahne likes the Seahawks...and Kyle Busch likes the Broncos. They have a bet going on where who ever's team loses they will have to wear the winning team's jersey and hat during speed weeks next month. LOL.

That story about the Seahawk player that is completely deaf (is it Derrick Coleman?) is really touching. About the deaf twins writing him and Derrick writing him back. Sounds like a great guy.

Wish you the best of luck to your Seahawks MM...hope they win for you. Do believe they have their work cut out for them with the Broncos...but they seem to have done great too to make it this far.

I'm going for the Seahawks.

They've never won it and besides, Meadowmufn's awesome!

I'll be thinking about you during the game MM

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Rog. We're pretty excited here. On the one hand, I want the Seahawks to win because they've never won. On the other hand, I want Peyton to win another one. I suppose I'll be happy no matter who wins, but I'll probably be a little happier if the Seahawks win. This is going to be the best Super Bowl EVER! :) It's like I can't lose!

I saw that a few days ago. Yeah, spellcheck is your friend. LOL!

So glad my Seahawks won, but I feel bad for Peyton and the Broncos losing so badly. I had NO idea our guys would dominate so much. If you had told me the final score before the game, I would've thought you were crazy. I expected it to be much closer. It's going to be crazy at work in downtown Seattle tomorrow.