The FLAG IS STAYING!!!!

TimDuke

Well We won!!! Warner Brothers is now saying the Confederate flag is going to STAY on the General Lee and saying the original story was"inaccurate" about banning the flag from future model kits or Die cast. Sounds to me they are just covering their arse from a potential big boycott and loss of possible revenue judging from the outcry on the net IMO.

Well We won!!! Warner Brothers is now saying the Confederate flag is going to STAY on the General Lee and saying the original story was"inaccurate" about banning the flag from future model kits or Die cast. Sounds to me they are just covering their arse from a potential big boycott and loss of possible revenue judging from the outcry on the net IMO.

I'd say you're right, Tim! From what Ben was saying it sounds like WB had made the decision to remove the flag, even came close to admitting it to one of the news media, but then upon finding the depth of the hue and cry decided to leave the General Lee alone.

I have no doubt that if Dukes fans had NOT reacted loudly, that WB would have gotten away with removing the flag. By the time we would have noticed it was missing from die casts, or that new diecasts weren't coming out at all, it would have been too late.

A big SAL-UTE goes out to all Dukes fans who spoke up on this one. Together as a fandom, between our message boards, websites, facebook pages, tweets, emails and what have ya, we spoke with one voice.

I also think that we have an onus to put our money where our mouth is...since money talks and WB listens to it. As long as fans are buying General Lee diecasts, model kits, and the DVD sets, WB will probably keep approving the products. If nobody was buying the stuff there wouldn't even be a debate about the flag being on the products...there just wouldn't be products.

Few and far between are the TV shows with this kind of staying power. The fact that the Dukes can survive, in the face of the ongoing rebel flag controversy, is a powerful statement to the strength of the fan base.

Now if only we could get CMT, or somebody, to put the show back on the air. One battle at a time, eh?

is a big win against human stupidity !

I love this quote. Thank you Carlos.

And thank you Brian and everyone else who helped convince Warner Brothers.

And thank you Warner Brothers. It's like I said in post #10 of the first thread that exposed this story, we sure appreciate all you've done to bring us the best television show in history.

• 3 weeks later...

I just went to the local fair in my area and was walking through the model car section and a General Lee caught my eye. It was a homemade version and I couldn't touch it but it looked like it was made out of wood.

For some reason all it got was an honorable mention. If I was a judge I would have given it the big blue three tailed ribbon but I guess it's good that I'm not a judge because favoritism (in a case like that) really wouldn't be fair.

I will give the folks in charge credit. The car wasn't banned because of the flag. It sure is nice to see that there's still folks out there who believe in the Constitution.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's what I think! A great book that tells how it has NOTHING to do with racism, etc., is " The Uncivil War". You ought to check it out!

Been a long time since I been here, and fell behind on a lot, when I saw the news on Fb about the stripping of the General Lee, I nearly had a canary fit.....

Been reading up a bit, seen this topic and was relieved to see the duke fans won.:) Love all your statements on how appalled you all were about WB's idiot ideas, glad the flag stays!

• 9 months later...

Any Goober with half a brain, knows that the war was about a strong local government vs. a weak central government. Well, the winner writes the history and that's why you have everybody believing that those terrible people down south, fought over slavery! That's because the Yankees won! Look at how out of control the Big Brother central government is and how things are now, and tell me the south was wrong!! The truth always comes out sooner or later!!

Edited by Hobie Harkins

This is great news! Glad to hear that everything is staying the way it SHOULD.