First Job

K-Duke15

So I just got home from being at our local ammusment park. We went there to get mine and my mom's ID's for work. This is my first job which I'm excited for. I'm a Gopher which means I will take people's places when they need to use the bathroom or go to their breaks. I'm going to be working all fall and I'm at our kids area.

This makes me wonder what everyone's first jobs were.

It's not really an official job but I've been making money for the past few years fixing, restoring, selling and scrapping bikes.

I've also done a few background extra roles when the opportunity came around. I'd love to try out for bigger roles, but unfortunately I don't have the time with school.

I guess that is a first job. But I don't really have anything during school that's on the weekend. I'm just that boring in school. :)

Not counting things like mowing yards and doing all kinds of odd jobs, my first real job was skinning muskrats.

That's an interesting job. I'm just glad that I can work someplace that will be fun, since it will be around little kids and a lot of them are in costumes so that will be even more fun to see.

I think everything's gonna sound dull compared to Roger's first job :). My first regular paid job was delivering a weekly newspaper. When I was 16 I got a Saturday job in a local store selling TVs, VCRs, CDs and other abbreviations. Back then it was common for the stereos to come with a record player, but CD players were still an optional extra!

. And I agree, everything will be dull compared to his. :lol:

Trust me on this one. It was dull. You stood on your feet all day and all week doing the same thing. Even though it was boring it paid well....10 cents a muskrat. As long as your knife wasn't dull and you were willing to work fast you could make out pretty well It's how I bought my first car.

Keep us posted on how it's going K-Duke

Trust me on this one. It was dull. You stood on your feet all day and all week doing the same thing. Even though it was boring it paid well....10 cents a muskrat. As long as your knife wasn't dull and you were willing to work fast you could make out pretty well It's how I bought my first car.

Keep us posted on how it's going K-Duke

That all sounds interesting.

Well I'll say that I'm going to a needed orientation tomorrow morning at 9. Then I'll go to my section orientation sometime in September. But im goin' to my outfit fitting on Monday. I'm goin' to be a farmer. Can't wait to see what I look like.:p

• 4 weeks later...

So today I had orientation. It was good. We are in our updated water park this year. It going to be sunny. I'll put up pics next week of what my uniform looks like. Just a pink plaid shirt, overalls, and a straw hat with a sun flower on it. My first work weekend is next week end. Tomorrow will be my last sleep-in day for a month. Can't wait for everything.

This is the map of the park so you can see where it is I'm working. Soak City is where the Howl-O-Palooza is and there is Trick or Treat with the Dinosaurs at Dinosaurs Alive all the way on the other of the park from Soak City.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm finally back on. I've been done with work for a few weeks now. It was fun.

Here's a pic of what I had to wear for work. And this is me and my best friend who visited me one weekend.

487001_429909817065344_1357109627_n.jpg

We had some interesting weather. And in the picture, you can see that I didn't need to wear my fleece pull over.

Overall, I had fun and I'm just waiting to do it again.

• 1 month later...

Well, so far, my first job was actually a community service project for staying in school. :roll: but turns out, I come to take a likin' to working with the police department. But the first official like job that I took to was no more than simple....photography! Matter of fact, I just got my professional camera for Christmas. And what better than a Canon "Rebel" camera? ;) Gotta love the name just as well as the photos it takes! Matter of fact, Took this little photo with the complicated/advanced camera!

post-6642-143050814734_thumb.jpg

Well, so far, my first job was actually a community service project for staying in school. :roll: but turns out, I come to take a likin' to working with the police department. But the first official like job that I took to was no more than simple....photography! Matter of fact, I just got my professional camera for Christmas. And what better than a Canon "Rebel" camera? ;) Gotta love the name just as well as the photos it takes! Matter of fact, Took this little photo with the complicated/advanced camera!

That's a pretty picture. I'm hoping to take photography in college. But I will think my first on-going job will be after I graduate. That will be at a salon. I'm going to go to our vocational school next year for cosmetology.

But who knows if I'll find a part time job before I graduate.