Tom Wopat on Longmire 7/22/12

I watch the A&E show Longmnire and last night 7/22/12 Tom Wopat was guest star. He played a sheriff from a neighboring county. He was only in a couple of scenes.

I am surprised this wasn't mentioned here earlier to give everyone a heads up that he was going to be on TV. Maybe I missed it though.

I'm gone

Darrell

I am surprised this wasn't mentioned here earlier to give everyone a heads up that he was going to be on TV. Maybe I missed it though.

I've never heard of the show, and can't find a UK or Irish air date for it. When I did a quick search I found that neither the A&E Longmire website nor IMDb mentioned his appearance. Tom's website and Facebook both have posts on June 13th that say "Tom recently filmed a guest role on AETV's show "Longmire" - stay tuned for the air date!" - no updates are given. I'm guessing that very few people knew when his episode was on, hence the date not being posted here.

For the record, it seems to be episode 8: "An Incredibly Beautiful Thing". You may be able to watch it here. Unfortunately I just get a message saying it's not available in my region.

Well it did air last night - Eastern Standard Time @ 1000PM.

I wasn't doubting you, Darrell - just pointing out how little information there is online. I wanted to make sure I was posting a link to the right episode and eventually found confirmation of Tom's appearance in a review.

Not sure if you get A&E over the pond and if you do it might have different programming. not sure how that works.

We don't get A&E. Generally all the channels are completely different here. Even if one of our channels has a similar name to one of yours it doesn't mean it will carry the same programming. We do get a large number of US shows, but two shows that are shown on the same channel for you may be on different channels for us eg. 'The Simpsons', 'Family Guy' and 'The Cleveland Show' are all on Fox in the US, yet they're on three different channels here (the channels showing The Simpsons' and 'The Cleveland Show' are part of the same group). We also seem to run a few months behind you guys when a new show comes out, which has probably always been the case, but is more noticeable since the internet became popular. I know it works both ways and that you guys get some UK shows a few months after they're shown here.

Hoss - sorry that definitely wasn't meant to sound that way. I just happened to start off the my sentence that way and didn't think that it could be taken in another context. My apologies.

A little off topic but there was one British show I really enjoyed, MI5 or as it was called in the UK "Spooks". It was shown here on either A&E or Bravo about 5 or 6 years ago and rather sporadically too.

I'm gone

Darrell

Tom was great in what little there was of his part in the show. I would say he was on total of a minute and forty-five seconds to two minutes. It was nice to see him on TV again. The big Broadway star that he is these days. They should have put the date up sooner on the FB site for him. Someone slacked on the job a bit. Just my opinion.

• 3 months later...

I stumbled on this thread again earlier and tracked down a site where I could watch the episode online. As previous posters have said, Tom doesn't get a lot of screen time, but it was interesting to see him playing a slightly uncooperative sheriff from a neighboring county - how times change :). The IMDb page has now been updated to include Tom in the credits.

TomLongmire.jpg

TomLongmire2.jpg

TomLongmire3.jpg