1978 Dukes Belt Buckle

I just inherited a Belt Buckle that says Dukes of Hazzard 1978, it has the confederate flag and is stamped Napoleon on the back. My grandfather worked on the show and was given this. I have searched the internet and can not find any info on this buckle. If you have any I would appreciate it.

I just inherited a Belt Buckle that says Dukes of Hazzard 1978, it has the confederate flag and is stamped Napoleon on the back. My grandfather worked on the show and was given this. I have searched the internet and can not find any info on this buckle. If you have any I would appreciate it.

Howdy Thomas -

Never heard of it, but that doesn't mean this isn't legit. Do you have a photo of the front and back that you could share with us?

I found something similar on Ebay and grabbed the pictures before they disappear. It looks like they just changed the date each year.

CrewBuckle1.jpg

CrewBuckle2.jpg

From the Ebay description:

This is a very rare, original "The Dukes of Hazzard" cast & crew member pewter belt buckle from the 1984 film season. Warner Bros. Studios presented the cast & crew members with one of these for each season they worked on "The Dukes of Hazzard" show. This one is in excellent condition.

The heavy pewter belt buckle measures: 3 1/8" wide x 2 1/4" tall. It is very well made, with an enameled rebel flag background.

Since these were only presented by Warner Bros. Studios to "The Dukes of Hazzard" cast & crew members, nearly thirty years ago, they are very tough to locate. These have sold for upwards of $500 in the past.

This one was owned by actor Mike Genovese who played "Nervous Norman Willis" in "Close Call For Daisy". It sold for $199 at the start of June this year. You can read a short article about it here.

Wow! I would have given $200 bucks for that with a promise of legitimacy.

I really would like to get a momento of Denver Pyle's but don't know how to go about it. I contacted his son in California and he suggested to contact Denver's third wife who controlled his estate. He said he wasn't permitted to give any information on her whereabouts and I never found her. Ray Kohn owns the doorknob to Jesse's bedroom from the Georgia episodes but it's not for sale.

• 1 month later...