The Dukes of Washington D.C.

RogerDuke

I just saw something really cool. I was watching CNN just after 4:00 EST and they were talking about Obamacare. (I'll be really careful to not bring up politics since that's against the rules). Boss, Rosco and Flash have made it into the hallowed halls of the United States Congress. Republican Phil Gingrey from the great state of (you guessed it) Georgia had two huge posters of Boss and Rosco w/Flash while he was talking about health care. Also, CNN ran footage of an episode with Boss....the scene where he was getting sprayed with red paint (by Bo as I recall) in his chop shop. It would be nice if one of you folks with computer skills could post a link with this. It would be nice if we could share a picture of the two posters with everybody. But remember folks....no talking about politics. We wouldn't want to ruin the best website on the internet!

Thanks Hoss. I wish I could make out what the poster with Rosco and Flash says but maybe it's Best that we can't (James Best...pun intended).

I sure hope the moderators are patient with this thread. I am in no way endorsing any political sides by starting this post. I'm simply sticking with the theme here since this certainly is the "Latest News".

I hope folks here avoid the temptation of bringing politics into this thread so it doesn't get dropped by the moderators. It's not every day that the Dukes of Hazzard gets mentioned in the United States Congress.

I made a call to the office of Phil Gingrey to ask what will happen to the posters and they said they'll be saved and won't be autioned off or anything. Shucks.

Hmmm, I wonder if this guy has Ben Jones' old job.

Ya know, I think Sorrell Booke would have gotten a chuckle over this. After all these years, Boss Hogg is finally moving up the political ladder.

ROFL That's a good one Brian. I never looked at it from that perspective.

Boss did get a lot of attention in the national spotlight when a governor got compared to him earlier this year. For some reason I was thinking it was Haley Barbour of Louisiana. Boss was on CNN more than once and also in USA Today when that happened. I know it's mentioned on a thread that's laying around here somewhere.

Being in D.C. would be a big thrill to Boss. He always did have his eye on the White House. It matched all his suits and his Cadillac.

HNet has kidded around with Dukes of Hazzard campaign posters for years. This year we might just see real campaign posters with Dukes characters on them.

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Maybe we should have an election to see who everybody's favorite character is. Well, since it would be a two man race how 'bout this....one contest to vote for Bo vs Luke and another one to vote for the other characters.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm, sounds interesting. Maybe we should have an election to see who everybody's favorite character is. Well, since it would be a two man race how 'bout this....one contest to vote for Bo vs Luke and another one to vote for the other characters.

Well, the Bo vs. Luke thing would bring out the fangirls, that's for sure. You've got a good idea though. The political season is a pain in the keester in this country, let's have elections that we can have fun with.

I'm thinkin' we need to get through the shindig season first, as there's still a lot of events coming up, and then we'll start our own political fracas up this fall.

• 2 weeks later...