Have ya'll seen tis?

JRC99

It's virtually the same as the Ertl Authentics one that came out a couple of years ago (they're using the same die-cast molds). I think they've just tweaked the decals and the wheels and made the CB aerial longer. If you have one of the older models then this is a great improvement. There's a huge amount of details including seatbelts and opening headlights. I was going to get one, but decided it wasn't sufficiently different to my Authentics one to make it worthwhile.

If only they'd bring out a '77/'78 Plymouth Fury or Dodge Monaco with the correct AeroDynic lightbar. I've never been tempted to buy the inaccurate model they pass off as a Hazzard Sheriff's car. I'm sure they could use the same mold for plenty of other police liveries.

Thanks for posting this Dixie.

Hey Hoss, you're good at posting links. Any chance you could put up something where we could get more information on this? My ERTL doesn't have an antenna so I suspect it's not the same ERTL you mentioned. I'd consider buying one if it's a big improvement. Thanks

Hey Hoss, you're good at posting links. Any chance you could put up something where we could get more information on this?

Here you go Roger - it's model #AMM964:

1969 Dodge Charger "General Lee" (Improved)

To borrow from that link, the "improvements" are:

1) Improved placement and look of roof graphics.

2) Improved placement and look of door graphics.

3) Improved finish applied to Vector wheels.

4) Removed Charger & R/T emblems in grille.

5) Removed R/T emblem from taillight panel.

6) Removed Charger emblem from c-pillars.

7) Removed front and rear side marker lights.

8) Removed chrome wheel opening moldings.

9) Removed headrests.

10) Removed spare tire and jack.

11) Removed cruise control equipment under the hood.

12) 383 engine (not 426 or 440 as in past releases).

13) Removed padding/insulation detail from underside of hood.

14) Longer antenna made of a thinner material to better replicate the "whip" antenna.

15) Added primer to chassis with gloss black Mopar overspray. Idea is to hint at the General Lee's origins as a black 1969 Dodge Charger as seen in the Dukes of Hazzard "Happy Birthday General Lee" episode.

Here's an Ebay search:

Ebay search for Autoworld General Lee

They're currently going for about $65 + P&P. I'm not sure if this is a limited release; the Ertl Authentics was limited to 5000 (I think) so they were trading for several times their original price before this one came out.