I'm Back!!

CDoherty95

Hey y'all!!

I don't know if many of y'all have noticed but I haven't been around for a while. I went off to the Gaeltacht (Irish college) for a week, I was meant to be there for three weeks but I only managed one week. I'm doing basic Irish in school, and while I'm good at it when I went away I was completely lost and could barely manage a conversation with anyone. So I had to pull out after a week.

When I got home I began clearing out the accumulated bikes and scrap parts I had in my garden and garage. I'm now down to my last pile of junk, and have finally got things organized in my garage.

559259de.jpg

I had about 13 bike frames that I bought just to strip and salvage, two dozen or so tires that couldn't be used, sixteen wheels of various sizes, and an old swing set frame that i intended to use in some way. When I brought everything to the scrap yard I got about €70, which I've put aside for future bike projects.

I've also come up with a few new bike plans, and can hopefully try them out when I finish the current projects.

The first one is something I've named "The Rollover Bike".

df39b9cc.jpg

It is basically a bicycle with a large steel circle welded to it, which allows it to roll. I don't have the machinery to bend metal, so I've decided to use a trampoline frame instead. Annoyingly we had a trampoline until April, when we sent it to the dump. If only I had the foresight to save it...

This next one was suggested to me by HossC a while ago.

4066583b.jpg

I haven't got a push mower lying around, but I'm keeping my eye out for one. I have got a bike... Well mostly one. I have a grey bike lying in my scrap bike waiting to go to the scrap yard, but unfortunately it doesn't have any forks (where the front wheel goes), wheels, handlebars, seat, pedals and it has a pretty serious bend in the frame.

I've also been busy working on the lawnmower bike, Fall Guy bike and another bike that I'll dedicate another thread to.

As for the other two bikes, well I'll update the threads with the progress.