Happy Birthday MaryAnne!

Brian Coltrane

Out of self-preservation, I can't tell ya how old MaryAnne is. What I can honestly tell ya, is that between Mufn, MaryAnne, and myself, MaryAnne is the youngest. She wasn't 8 years old when HNet was built, but she was very young. Sweet, polite, and innocent.

I'm happy to report that we've all completely ruined her over the years. Gotta be careful who you hang around!

Out of self-preservation, I can't tell ya how old MaryAnne is. What I can honestly tell ya, is that between Mufn, MaryAnne, and myself, MaryAnne is the youngest. She wasn't 8 years old when HNet was built, but she was very young. Sweet, polite, and innocent.

I'm happy to report that we've all completely ruined her over the years. Gotta be careful who you hang around!

Between the 3 of us, we have well over a century of experience. Experience in loafing, tripping over the server power cords, accidentally deleting things, making inappropriate comments, harassing each other, hatching devious schemes, and other important skills you need to get through life.

Between the 3 of us, we have well over a century of experience. Experience in loafing, tripping over the server power cords, accidentally deleting things, making inappropriate comments, harassing each other, hatching devious schemes, and other important skills you need to get through life.

I believe it! If I remember correctly, someone trips over that there power cord pretty dang regularly. Have you guys taped it down yet or put a carpet over the stupid thing or something yet?

What accidentally got deleted? I don't recall that happenin'. Recall the rest, but not the accidental deletion.

I believe it! If I remember correctly, someone trips over that there power cord pretty dang regularly. Have you guys taped it down yet or put a carpet over the stupid thing or something yet?

See, that would be the smart thing to do, so we automatically ruled that idea out. I think that's one of our mottos. "Banishing common sense since 1999..."

What accidentally got deleted? I don't recall that happenin'. Recall the rest, but not the accidental deletion.

Oh, we've deleted whole people before. I hope their families don't miss them too much. They didn't contribute much here anyway, so it wasn't a big loss or anything. LOL. We've accidentally launched folks into the outer atmosphere when we simply meant to punt them out the door for a little bit. Of course, some of that happened before you got here, countrygirl. I recall a lot of interesting things happened when we switched forum software. Yeah, that was fun. It's a good thing I understand all the technical stuff, cuz if it was left up to Brian and MaryAnne, y'all would be using tin cans with strings to talk to each other. Really long strings. ;)

Oh I remember the software switch! LOL That was interesting... also remember the one and only time someone hacked the forums and everything had to be redone from scratch. That was a mess and a half. I personally didn't see the graffiti, but I seen the aftermath (believe me, I lost a few stories due to it).

When the software switch occurred, my join date went from Feb 4, 2002 to Feb 3, 2002.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. I've enjoyed this thread. Khee!

Yessiree, you can't find a more experienced staff on any website, anywhere. Khee!

See, that would be the smart thing to do, so we automatically ruled that idea out. I think that's one of our mottos. "Banishing common sense since 1999..."

Oh, we've deleted whole people before. I hope their families don't miss them too much. They didn't contribute much here anyway, so it wasn't a big loss or anything. LOL. We've accidentally launched folks into the outer atmosphere when we simply meant to punt them out the door for a little bit. Of course, some of that happened before you got here, countrygirl. I recall a lot of interesting things happened when we switched forum software. Yeah, that was fun. It's a good thing I understand all the technical stuff, cuz if it was left up to Brian and MaryAnne, y'all would be using tin cans with strings to talk to each other. Really long strings. ;)

This is true and the strings would be frayed. And then Brian would have to chime in with his frayed knot joke... :D

The things I've done on accident around this site, only pale in comparison to the things I've done on purpose.

But by being part of the staff, I don't have time for mischief anymore. Tho' I used to indulge myself by flushing people out of the chatroom once in awhile. I did that to Alex a few years ago, sprung the ol' "trap door surprise" but accidently wiped out the entire user profile so badly that it's like Mufn said, it was a virtual disintrigration. Took Mufn about 2 weeks to restore the affected user.

So if anybody wonders why Alex ain't around anymore, I reckon he took that whole thing kinda hard.

Oh I remember the software switch! LOL That was interesting... also remember the one and only time someone hacked the forums and everything had to be redone from scratch. That was a mess and a half. I personally didn't see the graffiti, but I seen the aftermath (believe me, I lost a few stories due to it).

When the software switch occurred, my join date went from Feb 4, 2002 to Feb 3, 2002.

We've been hacked a lot more than once. I must've caught it so quick that hardly anybody noticed. ;)