Happy Sadie Hogg Day!

Happy Sadie Hogg Day Everyone! In locals other than Hazzard, I would also like to wish everyone a happy APRIL FOOLS DAY!

But seriously, in Hazzard, as per the TV series, today is Sadie Hogg Day... This is the day that the men take the day off and the women take over. Anyone want to paint the patrol cars Pink? Purple? Anyone?

But seriously, in Hazzard, as per the TV series, today is Sadie Hogg Day... This is the day that the men take the day off and the women take over. Anyone want to paint the patrol cars Pink? Purple? Anyone?

Every day at HazzardNet is Sadie Hogg Day! Mufn and MaryAnne really run the place; I'm just the talking sock puppet.

Hmm. Sock Puppet Day....

• 1 year later...

:previous:

"April 1 is April Fools' Day most everywhere else. But in Hazzard it's Sadie Hogg Day. That's when the women take over the Hazzard government. So, the day before, when women draw straws to see who does what, every man in Hazzard with half a hormone shows up to watch government in action."

As Boss says, Sadie Hogg Day is "A day named in honor of my very own great-great-grandma. The very first woman in the South to have her own cotton gin."

• 5 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2012 at 8:08 PM, countrygirl1986 said:

LOL. Hoss, today is the first of the month, the night the monthly chat is scheduled, right? I have been sitting in the chat for an hour and no one has shown up.

This reminds me ….why don't we start another watch party....you know, set up a day, time etc. with a week's notice and then everybody should have a chance to see it. Somebody determine what shows to watch and when and we all get on here and watch the pre-determined episode while on the site with everyone else.  

17 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Remember that the folks across the pond go to bed a lot earlier than we do.

That's because we get up a lot earlier than you do!

Due to my early starts these days, I'm usually in bed by 6pm Eastern Time (11pm UK), so may I suggest a weekend.

BTW. There's currently no chat room on HNet (and you need to be a Supreme Superior Commander to add one), so we might just have to start a new thread and post comments there while we watch.

•  
22 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Remember that the folks across the pond go to bed a lot earlier than we do.

BTW. There's currently no chat room on HNet (and you need to be a Supreme Superior Commander to add one), so we might just have to start a new thread and post comments there while we watch.

This is what I was thinking. We just all get in one room and start the episode on our own DVD at a certain time, day etc.  We won't need the Muffin for that....by the way, I hope you're ok Muffin...don't be a stranger! ( We get worried when we don't hear from you......We love you SO much!  :)  ) Then we watch it and comment on it, on the computer, in the room, as it unfolds! How's this?

1. We all start the program at 7:00 p.m. central time every Sat.

2. We all meet in Hazzard Net Family on the board.

3. We make comments, observations, etc. on the board as the show goes on , talking about the show and talking to each other( unlike face to face, we will still be able to hear the show with no problem  because when we " talk"  [ notice the quotes], it will be on here and not verbally. ) So....let's start it like this:

Hazzard Movie Night:    Saturday, 7:00 p.m., October 26, 2019......S1 E1  " One Armed Bandits"

* If this isn't good for you guys, let me know. I just thought  it would be a good time for us and our brethren across the pond and why not just start at the beginning with S1 ( season 1) E 1 ( Episode 1) ?  If this is all good for everybody, then we will be here every Sat. at 7:00 p.m. central time  and go forward from S1 E1, S1 E2, S1 E3, etc., etc.  

6 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

How's this?

1. We all start the program at 7:00 p.m. central time every Sat.

I just thought  it would be a good time for us and our brethren across the pond ...

7.00pm Central is 1.00am in the UK/Ireland and 2.00am for Roth in the Netherlands. For me, that's too late, even at a weekend.

Sadie Hogg Day is "A day named in honor of my very own great-great-grandma. The very first woman in the South to have her own cAsAs Boss says, Sadie Hogg Day is "A day named in honor of my very own great-great-grandma. The very first woman in the South to have her own cotton gin." Boss says, Sadie Hogg Day is "A day named in honor of my very own great-great-grandma. The very first woman in the South to have her own cotton gin."otton gin."sAs Boss says, Sadie Hogg Day is "A day named in honor of my very own great-great-grandma. The very first woman in the South to have her own cotton gin." Boss says, Sadie Hogg Day is "A day named in honor of my very own great-great-grandma. The very first woman in the South to have her own cotton gin."

Edited by Hobie Harkins

ok...fellow Hazzard County citizens ( both here in the South, North and those across the pond), we will see how it goes for the first meeting of the Hazzard County  Movie Club. Tomorrow, Sat. ( Oct. 26) at 11:00 A.M. Central Time,  here at Hazzard Net Family....we will be watching S1 E1, " One Armed Bandits" 

Edited by Hobie Harkins