Cheap General Lee, 1968 Charger

The Buy it Now price on ebay is $12,999.99, and the seller is considering offers. All the offers to date have been refused by the seller; something like 14 offers have come in so far. The car is on ebay for 5 more days as of the time of this post.

This General Lee runs, has had some work done, but there's more to go. Check out all the photos on ebay. At first glance this General doesn't look too bad, but as you look through all the pictures you get a better idea of what you're dealing with. The photo I posted here is the best of the bunch, but don't let it fool you.

401633019.jpg

I clicked on the link and it said that the listing has been removed or is no longer available. Since Brian just posted it today I wonder if it was just removed hours ago.

As far as I know the only difference in the 1968 and 1969 is the taillights. Are there any other differences that anyone knows of? The 1969 is unique because in 1970 they changed the front end.

I clicked on the link and it said that the listing has been removed or is no longer available.

I got the same message. The car is still there, so try this link. Looks like it needs some bodywork, plus the wheels and "01" on the doors are not correct.

If that's still too expensive, how about a Mazda Miata General Lee? - it's about half the price :)

Thanks for the link Hoss.

That General Lee needs a lot of work. Looking at the pictures, it is definitely a project car in need of a very solid restoration. A lot of rust bubbles in the paint in the pictures and it looks like it neesds a new interior. I am sure there are tons more work that will be needed.

I'm gone

Darrell

Hoss, thanks for posting a working link. I shouldn't post stuff at 2 and 3 a.m. because I botch it half the time.

Ya know, with gas prices going the way they are, I'm afraid we're gonna see more rough n' tumble classic cars hitting the market at lower prices.

The good news is, it could be a good time to pick up a classic car on the cheap. The bad news is, I'm afraid more of them will become sacrificed for parts, if there's more money to be made in selling the pieces rather than the whole vehicle.

As far as I know the only difference in the 1968 and 1969 is the taillights. Are there any other differences that anyone knows of? The 1969 is unique because in 1970 they changed the front end.

Sorry Roger, I forgot to answer this question. The '68 does not have the center divider in the grille that you'll see on General Lee (and other '69s). Also the '68 has small, circular side markers instead of the rectangular ones seen on the '69.

800px-1968_Dodge_Charger.jpg

differences of 68 to 69, the door locks, 68 placed at the bottom of the door. In 69 20cm below.

Also the upholstered seats.

The SE 68 has a front brake drum, the 69 SE front discs.

Backup light in 68 between position and brake below 69 charger rear bumper.

The center console shifter: 68 simil metal, wood simile 69.

Mask also instrumental differences.

Word "charger" and "R / T" or Sinbol "SE" front grill in different place-

greetings.

Thanks for the info on the differences between the different year Chargers.

Has anyone seen the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial with the Orange Charger pulling into the drive-thru? I only saw it once and I wish I would have paid a little more attention but it's front end shows that it's a 1970 or newer.

Has anyone seen the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial with the Orange Charger pulling into the drive-thru? I only saw it once and I wish I would have paid a little more attention but it's front end shows that it's a 1970 or newer.

It's a 1970, and if the badges are correct it's an R/T with after-market wheels:

KFCCharger.jpg

If you want to see the commercial it's here.