John Schneider in Monticello, Iowa

Brian Coltrane

Just a reminder, ol' "Bo Duke" himself will be at the Rod & Custom car show in Monticellow, Iowa this coming weekend, Feb 25 & 26! Monticello is maybe a half-hour or so out of Dubuque. You can see the shindig details here.

We also did a write-up for it on our home page.

Personally, I think it's cool that John and Tom are both doing a car show this year. I know Ben has one coming up in March, and Jimmie and Sonny have one in March as well. We'll be promoting those very soon, and I thank everybody who's been posting about them on the Forums.

That's not even counting Hazzard Homecoming and the fall appearances that are lining up. As always, we'll do our best to keep ya'll informed! If you hear of a new appearance, always feel welcome to post about it!

Pfft I already got this announcement via the HazzardNet app :D

Thanks to Mufn,Brian and MaryAnne for creating the app,its now the 3rd most used app on my iPod (next to BrianColtrane's youtube and Facebook :) )

Pfft ?! Smarty pants! But I'm glad you're enjoying HazzardNet. I just never know what door people are coming through so I gotta cover all the bases.

Gaah, which reminds me, I'm behind on the FB site! 'Scuze me while I go over there.

It is about time John comes back to Iowa! Last time he was here, I didn't hear about it until the Monday afterwards...and by then, well, it was too late. :mad:

I am really looking forward / excited to see John Schneider...Bo Duke himself. Am sure will take plenty of pictures if anyone would be interested to see them...that is if I remember to recharge it's battery! Am guessing will not be able to do the whole Hazzard Homecoming again...so this is as close to the Dukes, I think, I'll be getting this year. :D

Am excited for this weekend...Bo Duke on Saturday...and Daytona 500 on Sunday. It don't get better than this!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

I had fun time meeting John but He charges $20.00 for any autographs(including) anything you bring and $20.00 bucks extra for a pic with him im not saying not to go see him but bring some extra doe!

Thanks for the tip, Chrisr01! We'd heard that John was charging quite a bit more than the rest of the cast, at Hazzard Homecoming last year. Whatever he's gonna charge at this car show, it ain't been publicized.

Garrett, we would truly appreciate any pics you can share! Hope you have a great time!

Thanks for the heads up about the money. That does seem like quite a bit...did get some money out, but looks like I might be needing some more...

:( Ah well, sure it will be worth it.

That is if I get to go...

Just read on my Facebook page (through John's page) that he is currently stuck in Minneappolis - though wants to get to his peeps in Iowa. Well at least I am one of his peeps, but still will be highly disappointed if he gets snowed out. Bad enough we got all that yucky white stuff and now it is threatening something I've been excited about for awhile now.

Though unless I hear otherwise, I still plan on going. Am refusing to give up hope about tomorrow.

Will make sure to take as much pictures as possible and post the best ones of John. Thanks for the interest. :)

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you Garrett.

This drama is getting exciting.

Hopefully it will end happily like all the episodes do.

Keep us posted.

Exciting? I guess to some it could be exciting, but to me, it is worrisome. I guess what is to be, will be and I will have to make the best of it. All the same, am really hoping to see John tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes and the crossed fingers. I am not giving up hope and until John says otherwise, I am going to see Bo Duke tomorrow afternoon. ;) I will definately keep you posted on whether or not I will go...but hopefullly will be posting with pictures. :) And yeah...perhaps John could call in some of them happy endings he uses in the show for real life.

Thanks Roger.

Well I haven't read or saw as of yet if John made it to Iowa or is still in Minneappolis, but since there is nothing saying otherwise on the events' page or Johns' page, I am going to assume that he is in Iowa...and will be there in TWO HOURS! Am sooo excited right now to meet my all time favorite character on the Dukes of Hazzard...again. Would love another hug from him, but just to see him would make my day...my weekend.

I am now off to get ready to meet my friend to start heading up that way...I will let you know either tonight or tomorrow sometime whether or not he was there and how it went. Hoping to bring longs of pictures! :lol:

Well y'all I am now back from from seeing John Schneider...Bo Duke himself. I was sooo glad that he made it to Iowa after his report of saying he was stuck in Minneappolis...though I think he just said that to worry me. ;) Had a great day. Just went by way too fast!

Anyway by the time we got there he had been there for like forty minutes so go figure we had to stand in line...for over two and a half hours. I am definately NOT complaining, it was time well spent talking to a friend and looking at the cars. (Sadly there was only two General Lees. And only one was inside for display...). Besides at Dukefest in '07 I stood in line for five and a half hours...by myself -well not exactly by myself since I was in line, but didn't know anyone or have anyone to talk to then...

And both times, John made it worth the wait. :D:popcorn: He is such a nice person. I wore my '08 Duke fest shirt that I had ordered to me since I didn't go that year...it was under my Jeff Gordon coat which was unbuttoned. He noticed and pointed out and said that's from the '08 Dukefest. :) Got several pictures plus my picture taken with him. As for prices...it was forty dollars for a combined set (I bought two pics so I don't know how much he would have costed if I had him sign my shirt or my flyer I had thought of him signing.) An autograph alone was fifteen dollars and a pic alone was twenty-five dollars. I had him sign two pictures though and he didn't charge me any more for the second picture...

Am still on cloud nine after today's meeting with John. I couldn't even remember whether or not he shook my hand or not...think he did. LOL.

Here is a few of the pictures I had taken of John and one of the lone General inside the arena.

post-2840-143050814141_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814153_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814167_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814181_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garrett Duke

Thanks Alex. I had a great time yesterday. Was great to have a chance to meet John as well as get my picture taken with him. Am so glad that he still does this and keeps the Dukes alive. :D

Here is some more pictures from yesterday...a couple of John and a couple of The General Lee. Surprisingly they only had two General Lees...only one inside.

Thanks everyone for your interest in my pictures. :D

post-2840-14305081419_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814206_thumb.jpg

post-2840-14305081422_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814233_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814247_thumb.jpg

Garrett,

Your photos are very good! I love the car General Lee and John Schneider! :D

Thank you very much!

Good Ol' Boys!

Just good ol' boys

Never meaning no harm

Beats all you never saw

Been in trouble with the law

Since the day they was born

Straightenin' the curves

Flattenin' the hills

Someday the mountain might get 'em

But the law never will

Making their way

The only way they know how

That's just a little bit more

Than the law will allow

Making their way

The only way they know how, yeah

That's just a little bit more

Than the law will allow

I'm a good ol' boy

You know my mama loved me

But she don't understand

They keep showin' my pants

And not my face on TV

YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice pictures Garrett - did you ask John if he's planning a visit to Ireland so I can get to meet him?. :)

Alex, although I found one lyrics site with your version I think you'll find that the last verse is:

I'm a good ol' boy

You know my mama loved me

But she don't understand

They keep showin' my hands

And not my face on TV

I'm so happy for you Garrett that I can't stop smiling.

I know waiting in line that long can be a hassle but the bright side of it is this...

it proves that the Dukes of Hazzard is just as popular now it was 30 years ago and it shows you that it will still be this popular 30 years from now. (Bo will be 81 then by the way).

Congratulation Garrett!

You're an awesome person and I'm glad you had fun.

.....and I'm still smiling!

I'm so happy for you Garrett that I can't stop smiling.

I know waiting in line that long can be a hassle but the bright side of it is this...

it proves that the Dukes of Hazzard is just as popular now it was 30 years ago and it shows you that it will still be this popular 30 years from now. (Bo will be 81 then by the way).

Congratulation Garrett!

You're an awesome person and I'm glad you had fun.

.....and I'm still smiling!

Thank-you Roger. :) It was great listening to other Duke fans while standing in line. John made it worth the wait. :)

Thanks...I can't smiling either. :D

• 1 month later...