New guy

stonewall52

I already posted twice, but nothing showed up. I'm a 46 year old male originally from West Virginia, but currently reside in Ukraine. Watched the DOH from the very beginning. Dreamed of owning a General Lee, but closest I ever came was an '81 Mirada which I rebuilt myself. It was painted Rustoleum Deep Purple Metallic. Almost Plum Crazy. Still want to know if anyone else saw the pilot episode with the '66-67 Charger General Lee? :lol:

Not as far as I know. Don't ever remember hearing about Moonrunners until I found this sight. The pilot episode I saw in WV had a '66-67 Charger that was painted just like General Lee. When I tuned in next week, it had switched to a '69. Maybe the producers figured it would be easier to find '68-69 parts and cars. Only other movie I ever saw like the DOH was some late night movie on CBS that had a moonshiner with a black hot rod of some kind. It was an R rated movie. Maybe I'm just crazy like Cooter, and imagined it. I do have 15 years training and experience as security though. I like to believe I have a good memory.8-)

Welcome to HNet stonewall. Like the others I have never seen a '66/'67 Charger in Dukes as the General Lee. I was just thinking how different the show would have been if Dodge had gone with their 1964 concept for the Charger - I think the only feature that survived was the 'Charger' emblem. Imagine if the General had no roof to put a flag on :(.

1964DodgeChargerConcept.jpg

This would be the first I've ever heard of a 66 or 67 being used. Are you sure you heard that right?

Keep in mind the difference between the 66-67 style Charger and the 68-70 was pretty hard to miss...

resize.asp?image=3311lf34.JPG&size=800

as opposed to

1968-dodge-charger-pic.jpg

I didn't hear, I saw it. It was just like your first picture. There was a guy in my neighborhood who had one that was Garnet Red. Before they came out with the models of General Lee, I built one using a '68 Barracuda model. Like I say, I was 14 or 15 at the time. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to HNet stonewall. Like the others I have never seen a '66/'67 Charger in Dukes as the General Lee. I was just thinking how different the show would have been if Dodge had gone with their 1964 concept for the Charger - I think the only feature that survived was the 'Charger' emblem. Imagine if the General had no roof to put a flag on :(.

1964DodgeChargerConcept.jpg

It looks like Rosco stole the concept General and drove it under a drain pipie.

• 8 years later...