One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure

CDoherty95

Hey y'all!!

Most of you probably figured out that I know a thing or two about bikes,and you're probably thinking to yourself "oh no here's another thread about a bike CDoherty's just built".

Well you'd be right!! Except this time instead of building a bike to work on roads and trails,I've built one to work on snow and ice.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the ski bike!!

ed2718f0.jpg

This bike started life 12 years ago as my uncles college bike.For years it got him to and from college. But then with college over and a steady job and income,the bike was left in his garden to slowly rust away.

Last summer he and his wife were moving house, and whilst unloading the moving van at the new house the bike was run over by one of the moving vans.

My uncle salvaged what he could off it and left the rest to me.

Here's what it looked like when I got it

64b36d5c.jpg

As you can see it was basically scrap,but I came up with the idea

to mount a skateboard to it,and use it during our annual snow(which hasn't come yet)

e9e81d75.jpg

In this next picture you can see how badly the frame was bent,but hopefully it is still strong enough to support my weight

26415555.jpg

Unfortunately I failed to mesure the size of the wooden mounts I would need,and as a result I had to yank out the pedals and cut into te frame to allow for ground clearance

48852850.jpg

I know it's hard to tell,but hopefully you can see how bad the bend is in this next picture

84021902.jpg

Sorry for clogging up the forums with more bike pictures,but I'm done for now :)

• 5 months later...

Well it's July and I'm still waiting for the snow...

I had a set of forks off a small kids bike I got a few weeks ago, and decided to fit it to the back of the Ski Bike. I had to bend the top of the forks a little so a saddle would for on the bike. I also added a bell, horn, some baubles and a duck.

cb3c7e1a.jpg

1adc7e0e.jpg

d57ac3db.jpg

Nice job!

So am I correct in assuming that you didn't paint it orange because it never snows in Hazzard?

By the way, when you're ready to take it down a steep hill and need someone to be on the back seat, I've love to....

recommend Hoss....especially since he lives on the same end of Hazzard Pond that you do.