Bo and Luke's knives

I know their knives get used quite a bit, but the first scene I remembered was Luke digging out Daisy's bullets from behind the target in 'Officer Daisy Duke'. The screengrab below is the best I could get - I didn't get to see the handle. If you look at the inset picture (where I've tweaked the levels a bit), it appears that the knife is made by Buck. Looking at their website the closest current product I could find is a model called 'Ranger' - check it out here.

I'm going to be away from my DVDs for a few days, so won't be able to look for any more until the start of next week. Maybe someone else will post pics in the meantime.

LukeKnife0217.jpg

I've always been interested in their knives too Sissy.

Great job with that screengrab Hoss. I own the biggest knife Buck makes. It's NOT a folding kniife like the one pictures. It's called the General...no kidding...it really is. I don't think it was named after our favorite car though.

According to my trusty notebook Luke's knife isn't a Buck. It's a Barlow. He's a country boy so I'm sure he has more than one...LOL

I found out it was a Barlow by using the closed captioning on the episode "Jude Emery"

I've always been interested in their knives too Sissy.

Great job with that screengrab Hoss. I own the biggest knife Buck makes. It's NOT a folding kniife like the one pictures. It's called the General...no kidding...it really is. I don't think it was named after our favorite car though.

According to my trusty notebook Luke's knife isn't a Buck. It's a Barlow. He's a country boy so I'm sure he has more than one...LOL

I found out it was a Barlow by using the closed captioning on the episode "Jude Emery"

Cool Roger. I collect pocket knives......most of mine are the Rough Riders.

Wow the General, that's so cool....now I'm gonna look it up and see what it looks like!

Now before I start at One Armed Bandits again I gotta watch Jude Emery just fer the heck of it and to check out about Luke's knife! :D

By the way ever been to the Smoky Mountain Knife Works (known as the knife factory in my family) in Sevierville Tennessee....we go every year when we go to TN fer winter break. IT'S KNIFE GALORE! Here is their website: http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/main_front.jsp?siteFlag=eknifeworks It's a great place fer knife people, they have thousands of knives!

Here is one just like the one Hoss posted but its called folding hunter and its bigger than the ranger. http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=product.detail&productID=3044

Someone on another website leaving a review fer the folding hunter said that it was just like Bo and Luke's!

Well there's one knife mystery solved wonder how many different ones they used........Now there's a new item on my wish list....a folding hunter pocket knife!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was watching 'Arrest Jesse Duke' earlier when I realized that there was a good close-up of Bo's knife when he cuts himself free from the rollbar of the red Jeep. It looks like it's identical to the Buck knife owned by Sissy's father.

BuckKnife1_0212.jpg

It's a good possibility that's a Buck 110. I own one. The knife blade is about 3 1/2" and altogether the knife is a little under 9" in length opened.

That's my Buck 110 on the right and my Buck 55 pocket knife on the left. I got mine at Amazon and for about half of the price on the Buck website.

knives.jpg

• 1 month later...

I spotted this knife in 'Too Many Roscos'. It's from the scene where Bo and Luke are tied up in the same shack as Rosco (although they haven't discovered him at this point). The main part of the handle is bone colored, so it may be the same as the one Sissy saw in 'Miz Tisdale on the Lam' (see above). The handle also features a fancy gold portion nearest the blade:

Knife0603.jpg

I'll have to leave the identification of his one to you guys. Everyone here doesn't own a knife (unless they live in Limerick - joke for Irish readers there ;)), so I have no personal experience.

• 3 weeks later...

well after seeing this thread, i had to have one of my own. i went to bass pro shop and looked at the 110 hunter. as soon as i held the knife, felt how smoothly it opened, how well it fit in my hand, i fell in love. i would have walked out with it on my side, but i knew that if i waited, i could get it for 20 bucks cheaper online... so know i await delivery.